Maytronics Dolphin M400

Maytronics Dolphin M400

See the Best Robotic Pool Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Maytronics

Pros

• Easy to remove and clean filters

• Thoroughly cleans pool

• Has handy storage caddy

Cons

• Less effective on curved surfaces

• Pool Size

Country boy
Country boyLitchfield, NT

Very good, but disappointing user manual

Purchased in September 2020 for $2,200.00.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Great cleaner with easy to empty filters!

I have a large 80,000 litre Pebble Crete pool and it cleans it perfectly every time. I put it in once every week or two as required. The cartridge type filters are easy to remove and clean.

Purchased in August 2020.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Michael. Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that the robot is cleaning well and that the filters are easy to keep clean. Have a great day!

Phil and Bron
Phil and BronFar North Queensland, QLD

Makes the resort lifestyle easy!

What a great cleaning unit the Dolphin M400 is! Easy to use, easy to maintain and it has its own trolley to relax in when it’s not hard at work cleaning the pool.

Gets right up to the waterline and steps.

Purchased in August 2020 at Placid Pools Smithfield.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Phil and Bron. Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are so glad to hear that your Dolphin M400 is easy to use and is doing such a great job in collecting debris and is keeping the pool clean. Have a great day.

Josh
Josh

Seems like a winner

Early days but very impressed so far. Picks up much more than our previous suction cleaner. Seems very easy to operate and emptying the waste compartments is an absolute breeze

Purchased in June 2020.

Pool Size Average
Functionality
Small Debris Cleaning
Large Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Josh. Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that your Dolphin M400 is doing such a great job in collecting debris and keeping the pool sparkling clean. Have a great day.

suzanne
suzanneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing Product M400

I purchased my Matronics M400 yesterday from Brisbane Pool.
My previous M400 had died after 7 years of solid service without ever having one fault. My new M400 is perfect and does such a wonderful job keeping my pool sparkling clean. I have lots of trees and leaves, but this model is absolutely perfect and does a wonderful job cleaning floor, walls and waterline. Its a really good quality build and I would recommend anyone to buy this model.

Suzanne

Purchased in May 2020 at Brisbane Pool Robotics.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Suzanne. That is fantastic to hear! We are so glad to hear that your new Dolphin M400 is just as amazing as your previous.

Wilson M
Wilson MVictoria

Never have seen the pool so clean in my life!

I've been using a suction pool cleaner for a while, and I've gone through about 5 of them. They're annoying to operate and restrict the features of your pool's pump system. I then came across the Maytronics Dolphin M400. It was the first time I'd seen a robotic pool cleaner in action, and I thought it was pretty amazing. I took a free demo and was amazed to find my pool sparkling clean when it was finished. The robot isn't cheap, but it's worth it. I highly recommend this product.

Purchased in February 2020 for $2,000.00.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Wilson. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that your Dolphin M400 has made such a difference. Have a great day.

Sonia E.
Sonia E.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

I love our Dolphin, can't live without it!

We had actually ordered a different robot pool cleaner when we built our pool until my friends told us about the Dolphin. They had done a lot of research, so we decided to change to the Dolphin Supreme M4 and I'm so glad we did!!! It climbs the walls and spends a couple of hours vacuuming the pool, we usually chuck it in the water at night after we've finished swimming and it goes about it's job cleaning the pool so we get up in the morning and it's sparkling clean, ready for us to swim!
It's a fantastic product that cuts out soooo much of the work of owning a pool. I now recommend the dolphin to everyone I know who owns a pool!!!

Purchased in February 2015 for $2,500.00.

Stacey K
Stacey KGippsland, VIC

Our pool looks amazing with minimal effort!

The M400 is easy to use, the filters are easy to clean, it’s runs for 2 hours straight, it climbs the walls of the pool to the top lip, it even cleans our spa including the straight edge seats! It’s perfect for people who don’t have hours to waste on cleaning, worth every cent!

Purchased in March 2019 at Traralgon heating for $2,100.00.

Workhorse

Great pool cleaner it does what it suppose too and leaves my pool nice and clean when finished ( glass pebble)
I usually leave the fine debry basket in as my pool gets alot of dust & settles to the bottom, this Dolphin cleans it right up no worries!
What would of been nice on this model is an app to control manual navigation/ cycle time/ and clean modes, should be a standard thing on this model range.
Happy with my Dolphin M400.

Purchased in February 2018.

Lisa
LisaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Fantastic

After dealing with pool cleaners and the like which was a rip off and stressful, I finally bought a Dolphin. It is a revolution in pool maintenance ... just magic and has made owning a pool a pleasure.

Purchased in December 2018 for $2,000.00.

Pool Size Large
Functionality
Small Debris Cleaning
Large Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning

Love my Dolphin!!

My Dolphin M400 has been life changing - no more untangling the old robot driven by the booster pump and no more manual vacuuming! Easy to use, covers every part of the pool floor and picks up everything the gum and jacaranda trees can throw at it.
I leave the super-fine filters on there all the time and they’re great for collecting everything from big bits down to the fine sediments that get blown into the pool. The pool is kept nice and clean by running the Dolphin once a week and it’s east to flush out afterwards - the filters pop out and can be hosed down. Note it is a heavy unit though, especially when you first lift it out and it’s full of water.
Overall I’d highly recommend if you’re in the market for a new robot!

Great robotic pool cleaner

Fantastic pool cleaner

Purchased in March 2019.

Craig Smith
Craig SmithGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No sick days or personal time required

Lisa M.
Lisa M.South East Queensland, QLD

This little machine runs great cleaning the pool with no fails!

This cleans all size materials and even dust from the water!
This machine has been working great I have had it now 6 I have a large 90k sqm fibreglass pool!!
I would happily go recommend this product to anyone wanting to update cleaners.

Steve w
Steve wasked

Hi i have a new m400 wb, thru the app can you tell robot to concentrate on the walls cheers steve

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hello Steve. Thank you for reaching out.

Within the My Dolphin Plus application there are are options to set the Dolphin to Regular Mode, Floor Only and Ultra Clean cleaning modes. These modes do not have the option to solely focus on the walls however, if the walls are manually brushed down, the Dolphin should collect anything on the pool floor.

David
Davidasked

My new M400 climbs walls fine but doesn’t run along the waterline, it just stays where it surfaces, cleans that bit before then reversing back down the wall to the pool floor ! I’ve tried adjusting / locking the handle so it stays at right angle to Dolphin but it doesn’t seem to actually lock in place. Thanks in advance for any help :-)

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hello David. Thank you for reaching out. If the handle is in the main position, the Dolphin will clean that straight up and down area of the wall and waterline. However, if the handle is adjusted to be on either angle, the Dolphin will them assume that angle when it reaches the waterline. If the handle does not appear to lock into place, Maytronics recommends to ask the store of purchase for assistance in securing the desired angle. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Carolyn C.asked

Can anyone tell me what the different positions of the handle?
What position does the handle have to be to up the walls?
Thanks any help would be appreciated

Shane Williamson
Shane Williamson

Carolyn. if you offset the floats (handle) so they are at an angle (left slant or right slant), the unit will go sideways on the surface against the tiles. if they are aligned the unit just stays vertical.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Carolyn, Shane is correct. When changing the direction of the handle, the robot will take this direction, especially when cleaning at waterline level.

Hi, thanks for that
Do you know if there is any written documentation that shows the different positions of the handle and what it achieves?

See all Maytronics Dolphin M400 questions

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives

Features:

• The Maytronics Dolphin M400 is a robotic pool cleaner that is designed to deliver a deep clean.
  • It has 3 brushes and super scrubbing power to pick up fine debris.
  • The pool cleaner is able to be programmed, so you can schedule weekly cleanings and spot clean at the push of a few buttons through the MyDolphin Plus App.
  • A tangle-free swivel allows the cleaner to move freely around the pool, making for a precise clean.
  • This product has a 36-month limited warranty.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the cleaner’s filters were easy to remove and clean.
  • They also found that it thoroughly cleaned their pool, and was able to pick up fine dust and debris that other cleaners could not.
  • Reviewers also appreciated the storage caddy for the cleaner, saying that it was handy to keep the cleaner tucked away when it wasn’t in use.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers found that the pool cleaner didn’t perform as effectively on curved surfaces - some people with kidney-shaped pools noted that it didn’t cover and clean the whole surface area of their pool.
CategoryRobotic Pool Cleaners