Maytronics Dolphin M400

Maytronics Dolphin M400

See the Best Robotic Pool Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Maytronics

Pros

• Easy to remove and clean filters

• Thoroughly cleans pool

• Has handy storage caddy

Cons

• Less effective on curved surfaces

4.5
  • Pool Size

Mark Suz
Mark SuzSouth East Queensland, QLD

You can't beat a Maytronics Dolphin M400 robot to clean your pool

We recently purchased the Maytronics Dolphin M400 with trolley for our pool. Easy to place into the pool, turn it on, let the robot do its thing, lift out of the pool, clean the filters and tuck it away until needed again. One of the best inventions EVER!

Purchased in November 2021 at Billabong Pool Service for $2,400.00.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hello Mark. We are so glad to hear that the Dolphin M400 has been easy to use and has made cleaning the pool even easier to clean. Have a great day.

Shane WilliamsonSydney, NSW

A good pool cleaner for custom pebblecrete pool.

Purchased in June 2019 for $2,000.00.

Shane Williamson

I have tried calling the support care team regarding the filters, but unfortunately they want me to return the whole unit & the broken filters which I no longer have. If the problem occurs again I'll do this.

Phil and Bron
Phil and BronFar North Queensland, QLD

Makes the resort lifestyle easy!

What a great cleaning unit the Dolphin M400 is! Easy to use, easy to maintain and it has its own trolley to relax in when it’s not hard at work cleaning the pool.

Gets right up to the waterline and steps.

Purchased in August 2020 at Placid Pools Smithfield.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Phil and Bron. Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are so glad to hear that your Dolphin M400 is easy to use and is doing such a great job in collecting debris and is keeping the pool clean. Have a great day.

Josh
Josh

Seems like a winner

Early days but very impressed so far. Picks up much more than our previous suction cleaner. Seems very easy to operate and emptying the waste compartments is an absolute breeze

Purchased in June 2020.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Josh. Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that your Dolphin M400 is doing such a great job in collecting debris and keeping the pool sparkling clean. Have a great day.

suzanne
suzanneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing Product M400

I purchased my Matronics M400 yesterday from Brisbane Pool.
My previous M400 had died after 7 years of solid service without ever having one fault. My new M400 is perfect and does such a wonderful job keeping my pool sparkling clean. I have lots of trees and leaves, but this model is absolutely perfect and does a wonderful job cleaning floor, walls and waterline. Its a really good quality build and I would recommend anyone to buy this model.

Suzanne

Purchased in May 2020 at Brisbane Pool Robotics.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Suzanne. That is fantastic to hear! We are so glad to hear that your new Dolphin M400 is just as amazing as your previous.

MHS
MHS

Great cleaner that reduced cleaning needs

Easy to use, simple to clean filters, just plug in and it does the job, in addition cleans the walls as well, removes fine debris from floor and walls. Good warranty as well

Purchased in April 2020 at Pool and Spa Direct.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi MHS. We thank you for your positive feedback and we are glad to hear that your robot is doing a great job in keeping your entire pool clean. Have a great day.

Ron F
Ron FNew South Wales

Never have seen the pool so clean in my life!

I've been using a suction pool cleaner for a while, and I've gone through about 5 of them. They're annoying to operate and restrict the features of your pool's pump system. I then came across the Maytronics Dolphin M400. It was the first time I'd seen a robotic pool cleaner in action, and I thought it was pretty amazing. I took a free demo and was amazed to find my pool sparkling clean when it was finished. The robot isn't cheap, but it's worth it. I highly recommend this product.

Purchased in February 2020 for $2,000.00.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Wilson. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that your Dolphin M400 has made such a difference. Have a great day.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Sonia E.
Sonia E.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

I love our Dolphin, can't live without it!

We had actually ordered a different robot pool cleaner when we built our pool until my friends told us about the Dolphin. They had done a lot of research, so we decided to change to the Dolphin Supreme M4 and I'm so glad we did!!! It climbs the walls and spends a couple of hours vacuuming the pool, we usually chuck it in the water at night after we've finished swimming and it goes about it's job cleaning the pool so we get up in the morning and it's sparkling clean, ready for us to swim!
It's a fantastic product that cuts out soooo much of the work of owning a pool. I now recommend the dolphin to everyone I know who owns a pool!!!

Purchased in February 2015 for $2,500.00.

Stacey K
Stacey KGippsland, VIC

Our pool looks amazing with minimal effort!

The M400 is easy to use, the filters are easy to clean, it’s runs for 2 hours straight, it climbs the walls of the pool to the top lip, it even cleans our spa including the straight edge seats! It’s perfect for people who don’t have hours to waste on cleaning, worth every cent!

Purchased in March 2019 at Traralgon heating for $2,100.00.

Workhorse

Great pool cleaner it does what it suppose too and leaves my pool nice and clean when finished ( glass pebble)
I usually leave the fine debry basket in as my pool gets alot of dust & settles to the bottom, this Dolphin cleans it right up no worries!
What would of been nice on this model is an app to control manual navigation/ cycle time/ and clean modes, should be a standard thing on this model range.
Happy with my Dolphin M400.

Purchased in February 2018.

Love my Dolphin!!

My Dolphin M400 has been life changing - no more untangling the old robot driven by the booster pump and no more manual vacuuming! Easy to use, covers every part of the pool floor and picks up everything the gum and jacaranda trees can throw at it.
I leave the super-fine filters on there all the time and they’re great for collecting everything from big bits down to the fine sediments that get blown into the pool. The pool is kept nice and clean by running the Dolphin once a week and it’s east to flush out afterwards - the filters pop out and can be hosed down. Note it is a heavy unit though, especially when you first lift it out and it’s full of water.
Overall I’d highly recommend if you’re in the market for a new robot!

Great robotic pool cleaner

Craig Smith
Craig SmithGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No sick days or personal time required

Tony P
Tony PMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Works well. Good customer support.

We bought an M400 after getting a demo by our local pool shop. Right from the start our unit had trouble as it would get caught on the lowest step in our pool. After some back and forth between ourselves, the pool shop and Maytronics, Maytronics provided a set of different side covers and the cleaner has been performing perfectly since. It now does a great job of picking up dirt and debris from the pool. Recommended.

Purchased in July 2019 for $1,950.00.

Eric
EricGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sensational cleaning machine

We purchased a home with a pool of around 50,000L and no pool cleaner. Not knowing much about how pools operated, we engaged the local pool shop who were supportive and sold us a machine that looked like a stingray and didn't really work leaving soot on the floor and other debris. I spoke with friends in Qld who have the M400 and swore by it, so I contacted Maytronics, had a demo of the M400. Unbelievable machine, simple to use, easy to clean and does what you expect. Our pool floor has never looked better. A free demo, cost nothing, give it a try.

Purchased in February 2019 for $2,100.00.

alfie
alfieasked

My Dolphin M400 doesn't go up the Wall, I have the Handle diagonally positioned as per the Pool shop advice. I brought it back to the Pool shop and they tested it and they said it's working as long you have the Handle diagonally set. it went up the Wall only once in 2.5 Hr, that's all. My Pool is Pebblecrete.
Can you help Please.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hello Alfie. Thank you for reaching out.

Wall climbing models of Dolphin, inclusive of the M400, are programmed to climb to the waterline every four minutes. if your Dolphin is experiencing difficulty climbing, the following is recommended:

- Thoroughly rinsed the filters under a tap or, soak in cartridge cleaner or a mild dishwashing detergent and warm water solution to assist in the removal of in-grained debris.

- If the unit is attempting to climb, brush down the walls and/or slope down manually to loosen any build up. The Dolphin should then be able to grip these surfaces and maintain them on its own going forward.

-Water chemistry levels and pH levels that are out of recommended range can prohibit the unit from climbing to the waterline. This is due to the surface becoming slippery and the robot is then unable to gain grip/traction. A full water test and the pool balanced is recommended. Following this, brush down of the surfaces to shift any slipperiness.

Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Shaneasked

Hi recently purchased a M400, can someone confirm the M400 can be set to clean the floor or walls only

I’m using the my dolphin plus app and can’t see any options to switch programs to floor only

Cheer

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hello Shane. Thank you for reaching out. To change the cleaning mode of your Dolphin, this is located within the My Dolphin Plus application under mode or cleaning mode.

Yes tried that the actual app doesn’t have options just 2.5 cleaning cycle

If you have a direct email I’ll send some screen shots but your app has been updated and since then we have no options to clean floor only

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hello Shane. Please send any screenshots and also the serial number of your Dolphin to our team at customercareau@maytronics.com

Steve w
Steve wasked

Hi i have a new m400 wb, thru the app can you tell robot to concentrate on the walls cheers steve

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hello Steve. Thank you for reaching out.

Within the My Dolphin Plus application there are are options to set the Dolphin to Regular Mode, Floor Only and Ultra Clean cleaning modes. These modes do not have the option to solely focus on the walls however, if the walls are manually brushed down, the Dolphin should collect anything on the pool floor.

See all Maytronics Dolphin M400 questions

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives

Features:

• The Maytronics Dolphin M400 is a robotic pool cleaner that is designed to deliver a deep clean.
  • It has 3 brushes and super scrubbing power to pick up fine debris.
  • The pool cleaner is able to be programmed, so you can schedule weekly cleanings and spot clean at the push of a few buttons through the MyDolphin Plus App.
  • A tangle-free swivel allows the cleaner to move freely around the pool, making for a precise clean.
  • This product has a 36-month limited warranty.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the cleaner’s filters were easy to remove and clean.
  • They also found that it thoroughly cleaned their pool, and was able to pick up fine dust and debris that other cleaners could not.
  • Reviewers also appreciated the storage caddy for the cleaner, saying that it was handy to keep the cleaner tucked away when it wasn’t in use.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers found that the pool cleaner didn’t perform as effectively on curved surfaces - some people with kidney-shaped pools noted that it didn’t cover and clean the whole surface area of their pool.
CategoryRobotic Pool Cleaners