3Maytronics Dolphin S200

Maytronics Dolphin S200 Questions & Answers (page 2)

Verified🏆 2024 AwardMPN:99996202-AU
Kathleen C.
Kathleen C.

Do you sell any type of container for the power supply so it does not get wet?

Maytronics   DM

Hello Kathleen. Thank you for reaching out. Maytronics does not sell or supply any cover for the power supply unit. It is recommended however, to ensure that the power supply is kept out of standing water. It is also advised in the user manual that the robot and its power supply are recommended to be stored away from the elements when not in use to avoid exposure to them.

Walter V.
Walter V.

Can the S200 firmware be upgraded?

Maytronics   DM

Hello Walter. Thank you for reaching out. The firmware for the Dolphin S200 is unable to be upgraded as its programming takes place at the time of manufacture.

Tony M.

Hi my dolphin s200 is only running for about 45 min and it stops, the control panel has been flashing randomly and every now and then the panel is blank with no lights , I’ve only had it for a couple of months? It’s been working great up until now??

Maytronics   DM

Hello Tony. Thank you for reaching out. If the power supply appears to be flashing between cleaning cycles, the weekly timer feature may have been programmed. However, should the power supply unit not turn on, it may require replacement. Maytronics recommends to reach out to the agent of purchase to inspect the unit to determine the cause. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Tony M.

Thanks for the reply, is there a way to reset the unit incase I have programmed the timer , may try that before I consider the replacement thanks

Maytronics   DM

Hello Tony. Thank you for your response. To reset the timer, the power supply is able to be switched off directly from the power outlet as this will clear any scheduled program that may have been set for the weekly timer.

Sue Anderson
Sue Anderson

What is the difference DB 2 and S 200

Maytronics   DM

Hello Sue. Thank you for reaching out. The Dolphin DB2 is distributed via pool builders and select service agents and the Dolphin S200 is distributed via a retail network. With regards to functionality and build, these models are very similar. The only feature that varies between them is that the Dolphin DB2 has a 15 metre cable with swivel and that the Dolphin S200 has an 18 metre cable with swivel.
Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

How do i stop my S200 from constantly getting stuck/stopping on the pool steps

Hi Richard,
this is unusual, but the tiny geared motor that directs flow of water left or right from the impeller may be stuck, so the machine goes back and forth but cannot turn. I would grab the Dolphin and chuck it back in the pool in a different location and see if it maps the pool floor or just goes back and forth. If it does not map the pool floor, get the Maytronics guys to test the circuit boards and operation of the machine with their diagnostic equipment. In my experience, they will always identify the fault, and will replace any questionable part with a master part.
Cheers, Greg

Richard

Noted but the machine isn’t getting stuck
It gets up on the step and then just stops - not sure if it is sensing air as it climbs onto the step but it is not getting wedged in a corner or something like that
Also it’s brand new - just a week old and doing it since out of the box

Everett Sweedman
Everett Sweedman

Mine was doing the same but on the seat, it won’t climb onto the top step, I found by having the pool full it didn’t get stuck it seemed to get full of air & couldn’t purge the air out

Maytronics   DM

Hello Richard. Thank you for reaching out. If the Dolphin appears to stop or get "stuck" on a step/bench, it may be due to the water depth in this area. Dolphins require a minimum depth to operate efficiently as the impeller needs to be sufficiently covered in water. Should this area be too shallow, the Dolphin may experience shut down. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Denise P.
Denise P.

Does the Maytronics Dolphin E10 have a memory, or does it operate in a random pattern?

greg

Hi Denise, My dolphin in a 9x4 metre pebblecrete saltwater pool seems to operate in a pattern that not even Albert Einstein could figure out. However, at the end of two hours, if you placed a leaf in any random position, It is magically gone, so I don't know. What I can tell you is I also have a 2x3 metre spa that flows into the pool via a waterfall, and if I let the dolphin rock about in this area for about half an hour, and then remove the dolphin and throw it into the pool, it has no memory of its confined space, and cleans the larger area as usual.
Cheers Greg

Maytronics   DM

Hello Denise. Thank you for reaching out. The mapping software within the Dolphin takes it on a different route each time it is set to clean. It dos not hold any memory as to where it had been / the paths taken in previous cleaning cycles. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Chad G.
Chad G.

Is there a way to get the S200 to spend a larger percentage of its time scrubbing the waterline in a given cleaning cycle, and a smaller percentage of its time scrubbing/vacuuming the floor of the pool?

Maytronics   DM

Hello Chad. Thank you for reaching out. The Dolphin S200 is a floor, wall and waterline cleaner with a two hour cleaning cycle. As this model is programmed with the its standard floor, wall and waterline cleaning cycle, it is unable to be programmed to spend more time in other areas of the pool as only smartphone compatible models have this capability.

greg

G.day Chad, the only way I know this scrubbing would be possible with my S200 dolphin, is to jump in the pool and grab the dolphin, then physically shove it about where you want. It would work, but it may confuse the brain inside the dolphin that maps the pool. My dolphin scrubs the entire waterline over about 3 x two hour passes, in a 9 metre by 4.2 metre pebblecrete pool, no problem.

Neil

What is is the fines [microns] filter?

Maytronics   DM

Hello Neil. The Dolphin S200 comes with four 50 micron panels, of which, are fitted to its filter basket. This filter type is best suited for smaller/finer debris. It also comes with a 70 micron rough net filter insert that sits within the main filter basket. This filter type is best suited for larger debris.

Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Jim Lothian
Jim Lothian

How does this model compare to Dolphin X20

Maytronics   DM

Hi Jim. Thank you for reaching out. The Dolphin X20 is a floor and wall model whereas the Dolphin S200 is a floor, wall and waterline model. The Dolphin X20 has an 15 metre cable and comes with the net filter as standard. The Dolphin S200 has an 18 metre cable with swivel feature and its filter basket is enabled for dual filtration (both filter types). The Dolphin S200 also has the weekly timer feature that the Dolphin X20 does not have.

Sharon M.
Sharon M.

We have an infinity pool. I'd like to get a robot cleaner but am wondering if it will 'climb' out of the pool due to the infinity edge. What do people use with infinity pool edges?

Sl Vosky
Sl Vosky

Mine climbs the sides and steps with no problem. It senses the lack of water and returns to the pool.

Maytronics   DM

Hello Sharon. Dolphin robotic pool cleaners generally have no problem with infinity edge pools. Models that are able to reach the waterline will not go over the infinity edge as they only partially extend past the waterline. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Sherlock R.
Sherlock R.

Hello....I am a very happy customer - I purchased our Dolphin s200 in July 2019. I haven't vacummed our fibreglass pool for three years!! But this week it just stopped moving.
What is the 'usual' life of the s200. I kind of expected longer given there have been no issues before now and the cost in comparison with other robots. Elle

Maytronics   DM

Hello Sherlock. Thank you for reaching out and we are glad to hear that you have been happy with your Dolphin S200. If your Dolphin was purchased in 2019, it would be two years old and potentially still within its warranty period. Robots have an expected run time of approximately 500 hours prior to servicing being required. However, the more frequency of use, the sooner servicing will be required and vice versa. They also have consumable parts of which do require replacement over time. These parts also fall into the approximate run time, as above. Please also note that there are also several variables of which require consideration into the life expectancy of a robot. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Danielle36
Danielle36

What is the difference between the x30 and s200 models please?

Maytronics   DM

Hello Danielle. The Dolphin X30 and the Dolphin S200 are the same with regard to their build and their functionality of being floor, wall and waterline cleaners. The differences between these models are that the Dolphin S200 has the weekly timer feature whereby the robot is able to be programmed to run for seven days at a time and, that its blue cable has the swivel feature. The Dolphin X30 does not have these features.

Neil

Given the available programs, is it safe to assume that leaving the unit in the pool does not pose any problems?

Karen H.

This will be my second swimming season with my Dolphin S-200 and my question is this: When I stored my Dolphin away for the winter months, then reconnected my power supply’s for this season, does the vacuum have to reprogram itself to my pool again or does it have a stored memory? This year it seems as if it doesn’t know what to do, such as raring up in the middle and other weird behavior like climbing the walls in the same places and not other places. Can you please give me a robotics 101 for the Dolphin S-200. Also, which is the best filter for the fine dropout particles on the floor. Right now it seems to just be blowing that around. Thanks so much. Karen.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Karen Thank you for reaching out - the issues the Dolphin S200 is experiencing may be for water chemistry being out or from incorrect or dirty filters. If you can call our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 one of our team members will be able to go through some trouble shooting with you.

Karen H.

Thank you. my Dolphin seems to be working fine now.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Karen Thats great to hear if you need any assistance in the future please give our Customer Care Team a call.

Martin A

Hi there. I’m looking at purchasing the S200. I have a rectangle cement pool with three steps at one end of the pool. Before I spend over $2000 I want to know if the S200 will maneuver the steps. Thanks.

GrillaBBQ

Buy a ROBO-TEK It'll do the job and you can control the device via blue tooth app

Martin A

Thanks @GrillaBBQ, I’m now looking into the robo tek and I must admit, that the reviews and research are coming up favorable.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Martin. Thank you for reaching out. Dolphin robotic pool cleaners do not include steps as part of the mapping process and may not maneuver this area due to the size, shape, depth etc of the step/s in the pool. A demonstration is recommended to see how a robot could potentially function in the long term. Please feel free to visit us at external link  to arrange a demonstration with your closest agent.

Heidi
Heidi

I have just had an S300 demo placed in my pool. It is getting stuck when it climbs the step/bench seat and attempts to do a waterline tile above the step/bench seat. It seems to be coming out of the water and sucking air, but when it tries to reverse back into the pool it gets stuck and turns itself off. This happened twice in the 20 minutes I was watching the demo.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Heidi. Thank you for reaching out. It's possible that the area between the bench and the waterline may be too shallow for the robot to be able to manoeuvre out from. We recommend to discuss with the dealer as to whether this is a possible.

Elroy B.

Hi everyone, just recently purchased a S200. I'm impressed with the performance but disappointed with the little control flexibility. Just want to find out or confirm if the physical touch start is the only way to run the machine and if the 1, 2 and 3 weekly start program is functional or not. I can't seem to work it out and I'm getting conflicting advertising about it. Also interested to know if anyone has found a workaround to get it to start up with pool pump?

GrillaBBQ

Mate; welcome to Maytronics stitch-up!
You can’t access any of the “options” on the control box, they have disabled them as well as the blue tooth option, but from what I hear and read the blue tooth app’s pretty useless anyway.

A mate of mine has an older S200 and he has all the options available on the power board. Basically, Maytronics want you to spend hundreds of dollars to upgrade to a model which has the options available.

Elroy B.

I'm confused as the specs and this q&a indicates that it should have weekly timer functionality and automation mode? Can anyone else confirm if the weekly timers are disabled or not?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Elroy. Thank you for reaching out. The Dolphin S200 has the option of the weekly timer for use. By pressing the 1, 2 or 3 button of choice, the robot will be set for a cleaning cycle to take place every day, every second day or every third day for a seven day period. When this weekly is set, the power supply will be in standby mode and will flash between cycles. After the seventh day, the power supply will turn off. If, however, an external timer is set and you'd prefer to run the robot at the same time as the pump, that is also able to be arrange by placing the power supply into "automation mode".

To enable automation mode, ensure the power cable is connected to the power outlet and that the outlet is on. Without turning on the power supply, press the select button for the weekly timer until it begins to flicker. Once this occurs, the robot is in automation mode for use with an external timer.

Elroy B.

That's interesting as my resale outlet whom I purchased my machine from told me it does not have the functionality. The lights on the power supply for the weekly cycles lits up orange when I select either option 1, 2 or 3 it and after a while the machine trips the power. When I unplug the machine the pump works fine. Given the demand on the machine is only 0.15kW I can't imagine the issue is overload. I think I could have a faulty power supply unit?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Elroy. If the robot is tripping power, it is not normal and it is recommended the both the power supply and the robot are assessment to determine the cause. We recommend to either return the robot to the store of purchase for assessment or the closest branch. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance in locating your closest branch.

Dylan
Dylan

My S200 is faulty, Stops cleaning after 10 minutes, in some instances it only cleans for 1 minute then shuts down, filter box is empty, tracks are moving freely, no blockages etc. In some cases it doesn't even move once powered. I bought this in October 2020, I'm very disappointed that its faulty after less than 4 months. How do i go about using my warranty to get it looked at and or fixed?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Dylan. Thank you for reaching out. it is quite unusual for a robot to shutdown into a cleaning cycle. If this issue is continuing to persist, it is recommended the robot be taken to the store of purchase for its assessment or its collection and delivery into the closest branch. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Emma
Emma

Where is it manufactured?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Emma. Thank you for your enquiry. The Dolphin robotic pool cleaner is manufactured in Israel. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further assistance.

Daryl C.

I have a Barrier Reef fibreglass pool which has a 100mm ledge around the perimeter 500mm below the waterline - a common/standard feature of their pools. Will the s200 climb above this ledge?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Daryl. Models within the Dolphin S-Series generally have no issue going over the safety lip in a fibreglass pool. The robots within this series are lightweight and are versatile across many surface types, inclusive of fibreglass. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

How much electricity does the s200 use per hour

Maytronics   DM

Hi Daryl. Thank you for your enquiry. The Dolphin S200 consumes approximately 0.15kw of power per hour. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives