3Maytronics Dolphin S200

Maytronics Dolphin S200 Questions & Answers (page 3)

Verified🏆 2024 AwardMPN:99996202-AU
Evelyne H.
Evelyne H.

What is the filtration rate per minute

Maytronics   DM

Hi Evelyne. The Dolphin S200 has a suction rate of 15 m³ per hour. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Michael S.
Michael S.

Hi there, I brought this system 2 months ago and love it. Today I have had an issue that when the machine goes over my seat ledge 500mm wide it gets up the last bit of wall but then stops. I restarted it 3 times but still seems to get confused and stop in the same situation. It hasnt done this previously. Any ideas?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Michael. Thank you for your enquiry. We recommend to try starting the robot in a different area of the pool to see at to whether a different start location will take the robot through this area and also to have the pool's water chemistry tested and balanced where required. Following this, manually brush down the surfaces to attend to any potential slipperiness that could also be contributing to the robot's ability to manoeuvre. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Brad Russell
Brad Russell

I have a Dolphin s200 and it is a fantastic machine. Today it has decided not to work. When I press the power button on it moves a few centimetres and stops. Restarting has the same result, small movement and stops.
What do I need to do? The power button is glowing blue so electricity is getting to the machine.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Brad. If the power supply LED light stays on and the robot displays signs of not functioning correctly, we recommend to check for obstructions within the impeller and the drive tracks. The impeller (which resembles a fan on the top of the unit), may be tangled with leaves, hair, and other debris. With the robot disconnected from power, remove the impeller cover, which is located at the top of the unit where the blue cable is connected, and examine the unit. Any obstructions are to be removed. Should the above not resolve the problem, assessment is recommended. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Gary N Perth
Gary N Perth

Hi. We have just put our S200 cleaner our new concrete pool which has integrated seat all around the edge. The problem is that when is get to that level it seems to get confused and stops. Please help. Gary

Maytronics   DM

Hi Gary. Thank you for your feedback. As robotic pool cleaners have a footprint of approximately 400mm, it is not guaranteed that robots will be able to climb steps and ledges due to the variance in size, shape, depth and shape of steps between pools. We recommend to discuss this with the store of purchase. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Steve_N

Hi guys, I have recently bought a Dolphin S200. I'm having trouble with it, it struggles to pick up leaves! it will go right over them and not pick them up, it will also stir them up as well. Also when it's finished a cycle and I lift it out of the pool it empties all the water out along with a leaves it has actually picked up straight back into the pool..... very frustrating to see considering it costs more than double the last robot I had that did a much better job.... Any ideas???

Maytronics   DM

Hi Steve. Thank you for reaching out. The Dolphin S200 has a dual filter whereby the filter basket is fitted with the ultra fine filter panels and the net filter basket sits within it. If the robot is not collecting leaves, we recommend to remove any excess amount of leaves manually from the pool as it may assist in minimising the leaves being missed or falling out of the robot. It is also recommended to thoroughly rinse or even soak the ultra-fine filter panels as it can assist in better water flow through this filter type and the net filter basket and in turn, debris collection.

Ange
Ange

Hi Steve, I'm having this exact same problem, I'm so over it! its gathering only a few leaves into the basket in a whole cycle & leaves around the basket & it seems to be sucking leaves into the Impeller & they're then blowing into the vent at the top. its just simply not working properly.. wondering if you actually fixed your problem & how

Steve_N

Hi Ange, I pulled it apart and cleaned all the leaves etc completely out, then used both filters and it worked better but not as good as my old $600 unit I had. Really for the price of this one I expected it to be a LOT better!!! So I'm left a little disappointed....

Carheid
Carheid

How much is the pool cleaner dolphin maytronics 200

Maytronics   DM

Hi Carheid. The Dolphin S200 has a recommended retail price of AU$2,049, inclusive of GST. Please feel free to visit us at external link  for further information.

Love2swim
Love2swim

What do you do with your S200 robot when you take it out of the pool? How do you store it? does it need to be rinsed after each clean cycle?

Noxy
Noxy

I rinse out the basket, then store it in my pool shed in a sturdy wheelie box with lid from Bunnings - cost about $40 but saves it getting damaged or dirty in the shed. This solution is working really well.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Love2Swim. When a robot is removed from the pool, it is recommended to remove the filter basket and remove any debris prior to rinsing the filter panels. The robot is also able to be rinsed down with fresh water on the outside prior to storage. The robot is able to be stored in a protected area, out of the elements and its cable rolled up in large loops. A caddy is also available to store the robot on between uses. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

Grumpy old man.

G'day Love2Swim, When I'm done with S200, I remove the filter basket and dump any debris prior to rinsing the filter panels, both sides, and reasonable pressure. I give the robot a quick rinsed down with the hose, inside the empty filter box too. I let it dry out a bit, reassemble, put it on the caddy, wrap the cable up, I use a velcro strap from Bunnings #not sponsored, and then put the Dolphin cover over it. It's a bit big, but it keeps the dust off. Do you need a caddy, depends how far you're lugging it around. Ours lives on the back veranda. I wouldn't have bought it, but my pool shop included it as part of the deal.

Wendy Lowerson
Wendy Lowerson

Is the S200 suitable for above the ground pools ie pvc liner

Grumpy old man.

Hello Wendy, I'm not qualified to say. I recommend you speak to a local pool shop for the right advice. The Maytronics website says the S200 will adapt to any surface, but that's a pretty vague statement and the device itself has no adjustment per say, so I don't know what they mean by it. Their site also has a 'Which model for me' function. When I selected vinyl, the S300i came up as an option. I think it is essentially the same construction as the S 200, it just has fancier electronics to operate an 'on' light on the robot and allow Bluetooth and wifi connection. Good luck.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Wendy. The Dolphin S200 is suitable for a variety of applications as it is a lightweight yet robust cleaner and this generally includes vinyl. It is recommended to visit your closest dealer for further discussion regarding its suitability. Please feel free to visit us at external link  to locate your closest dealer.

Albert C.
Albert C.

What products are battery operated? I don't like the idea of kids swimming with a electric cable around

Grumpy old man.

Hi Albert C. I can really only comment on the S200, as far as I'm aware there isn't a battery operated version. I share your concern with electric cable in the pool with children, as does Maytronincs, hence the warning to remove the Dolphin before swimming. Follow the directions and you will remove the risk.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Albert. The Dolphin Liberty is the cordless/battery operated model within the Dolphin range. The Dolphin Liberty is recommended for speciality applications, such as for pools with islands etc. It is also noted an in Maytronics guides to remove any robot from the pool prior to its use and also to ensure that the robot is not in operation whilst swimming. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

videoman3857
videoman3857

Why would you try to clean a pool when all those bodies are stirring up the water ?
The cleaner wont do a good job in that situation.

Dani
Dani

I have just purchased the S200. Can I leave the bot in the pool after it’s cleaning cycle or should it always be removed until I am ready to use it again?

Grumpy old man.

Well that's an interesting point. Since it comes with a weekly timer, clearly there is a design intent to leave in for at least a week at a time. However the documentation says you shouldn't swim in the pool at the same time as the bot is in there. So that might lean toward a considered position of; in the less used months leave it in and in the more frequently used months, take it out. I don't believe, and I'm not a qualified rep or anything, that the intent is to leave it in the pool all the time. The chemicals that you put in the pool time to time will slowly attack the plastic and could potentially shorten the working life of the bot.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Dani. As the Dolphin S200 has the weekly timer feature available for use, it is able to remain in the pool for the duration of the weekly timer. As advised above, it is not recommended to swim in the pool whilst the robot is running and to also leave the robot in the pool for extended periods of time, especially when it is not in use (such as the cooler months of the year). Prolonged exposure to water chemistry may also wear the robot's parts quicker than anticipated and upon its removal, the robot is able to be rinsed under fresh water to assist in minimising any early fading. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Wayne
Wayne

I have just purchased an s200 Dolphin after reading all the good reviews.I have a problem that it only runs for 15 minutes and then stops can you tell me why?

Grumpy old man.

Wayne, sorry to hear that. Definitely not normal behaviour. Presuming there are no issues with the plug connection? I'd recommend taking it back to the retailer. The only scenario I can think of where it might be 'normal' is if you have turned it on and selected any of the pre-programmed schedule buttons. It might start and then when the logic board checks it might go to sleep until its time to start a full cycle. But, if you are only turning it on and it starts a cycle, runs for 15 minutes and then stops, I'd be taking it back. What a pain.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Wayne. Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologise that your robot is not functioning as it should. It is uncommon for a robot to stop working after a short period of time and recommend for the robot be assessed to identify the cause. The store of purchase are able to assist in this. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Charlie Cassar
Charlie Cassar

Clean your filter I’ve had the same problem second time I used it stopping and floating every time it stops or floats clean your filter until your pool is clean.

hoju j.
hoju j.

My swimming pool has a lot of curves. I use polaris now and it is always stuck on the stairs. Can I solve the problem with this product?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Hoju J. Dolphin robotic pool cleaners are able to clean pools of several shapes and sizes and also in a variety of spaces. For best results, a demonstration is recommended to understand as to how a robot performs in the pool prior to making a decision as to the best suited model. If this is of interest, please visit us at external link  and your request will be forwarded to your closest dealer.

JLing
JLing

Looking for a pool cleaner for my 11 * 3.5 tiled pool with a max depth of 2m. No need for remote control but would like to have a weekly scheduling feature. Which model would you recon? Thanks

Grumpy old man.

As long as you have a power point reasonably close, the S200 has an 18m cord, so it will definitely have length required. The control board has three timer settings, 1= every day for 7 days, 2= 4 times a week, 3= 3 times a week. at the end of the week, it switches off. The guide is pretty helpful.
Strongly recommend you learn how to remove the filters and clean them outside of the basket.

Maytronics   DM

Hi JLing. The Dolphin S200, as mentioned above, has the weekly timer feature whereby the robot can be set to run every day, every second day or every third day for seven days. It is a floor, wall and waterline cleaner and is able to clean pools up to approximately 12 metres in length. For more information on this model, please visit us at external link  or, please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2.

Maria
Maria

Looking to buy a pool cleaner and considering the S200 pr M400 pool is approx 9 meters by 4 metres don’t need it to be remote controlled by phone but needs to be light for me to lift out of pool. Need to clean waterline, walls floors and scrub.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Maria. The Dolphin S200 is a lightweight, single drive robot and the Dolphin M400 is a larger, heavier, dual drive model. The Dolphin S200 weighs approximately 7.5 kilograms and that Dolphin M400 weights approximately 11 kilograms. Both models will climb and will clean a pool's floor, walls and waterline. Both of these models are not smartphone compatible however, the Dolphin S200 has the weekly timer option that is able to be set from the power supply. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

P.T.S.
P.T.S.

How do I get the S 200 to work with the 9993179 remote? If this remote does not work with the S 200 which remote does? The online manual implies that the S 200 can work with a remote. I want the S 200 to only clean the floor.

Maytronics   DM

Hi P.T.S. The Dolphin S200 is not compatible with a remote control and is unable to be programmed to clean the floor only. This robot is programmed to clean a pool's floor, walls and waterline.

Kim
Kim

What is the difference between S200 and X30 Please ?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Kim. The Dolphin S200 and the Dolphin X30 will function the same with regard to cleaning the pool's floor, walls and waterline. They both have an 18 metre cable however, the Dolphin S200 has a swivel and the Dolphin X30 does not. In addition, the Dolphin S200 has a weekly timer feature and a full two year warranty and the Dolphin X30 does not have the weekly timer feature and has a two year limited warranty. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Mike P.
Mike P.

Turn on power to S200 and will not move,no blue light comes on robot itself,
Is it common for Cord to go bad? PC board inside robot go bad?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Mike. They may be a few reasons as to why the robot is not moving. We firstly recommend to disconnect the robot from power and to check the impeller for any obstructions and to ensure that it is moving freely. We also recommend to check the drive tracks for any obstructions by turning the robot onto its back and manually moving the brushes. If these are difficult to move, an obstruction may be present. If these areas are clear, assessment is recommended to identify as to what is causing the issue. Please visit us at external link  to locate your closest dealer or feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option to for any further assistance.

Grumpy old man.

No blue light comes on the robot itself, but It clearly says that it does not in the brochures, I just checked. Lights only comes on for the 300 and above. Same for the app/remote control. The S200 is a wired, tethered model. Still loving the S200, its at work right now, cleaning the water and the pool. Hope you get yours mobile soon.

Maytronics   DM

That is correct - the blue light on the robot itself is only available for the Dolphin S300i. However, if the blue light on the power supply does not illuminate, there is troubleshooting that can be performed to isolate the issue.

Peter Z.
Peter Z.

Hi
I am looking at a S200. We have a fibreglass with a 10cm wide kid safe step/ledge all around the pool about 500mm below the water surface.
Can you please tell me if the cleaner will clean the wall above the ledge.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Peter. As a safety ledge is present in all fibreglass pools, we understand that robots comfortably make their way over this ledge to the waterline and then make their way back down. If you would like to see how this model will perform in the pool prior to its purchase, a demonstration is able to be arranged. Please submit your information at external link  and your closest dealer will be in contact to schedule a time. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Chloe
Chloe

I have a in ground pebblecrete pool, size of 17x6m , quite large. We usually have tree branchs, leaves, gun tree flowers, bird feathers in the pool. What kind of robot can I use? Thx.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Chloe. The Dolphin M500 and Dolphin M600 models are the largest in our domestic range and are able to clean pools up to approximately 15 metres in length. As your pool, is 17 metres in length, these models may just cover. Alternatively, there is the option to look into a commercial cleaner such as the Dolphin Wave 75, of which is able to comfortably cover pools up to 20 metres in length. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email customercareau@maytronics.com for further information such as specs and purchase options.

Mitzi
Mitzi

Can you please tell me how to put the Dolphin M400 in a faster speed? Also, what are the three different cycles? Our manual was left by the pool and got wet. :(

Maytronics   DM

Hi Mitzi. The Dolphin M400 does not have any faster speed available to it and has one cleaning cycle length of 2.5 hours. If you'd like a copy of the robot's user guide for further information, please email our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com along with your robot's serial number.

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives