3Maytronics Dolphin S200

Maytronics Dolphin S200 Questions & Answers (page 4)

Verified🏆 2024 AwardMPN:99996202-AU
kevin S
kevin S

The only issue I have with the Dolphin vacuum is the hose continually gets twisted restricting the pool coverage, is there any solution to this problem?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Kevin. Cable maintenance is an important step in ensuring the life of the cable. To maintain a cable and to keep it in its most optimum condition, it is recommended to set the power supply on the deck as close to the centre of the pool as possible and to only put as much cable in the pool water as is needed to reach the furthest corner/s of the pool. The remaining cable should stay neatly rolled up on deck. Once a week, disconnect the cable from the power supply, untangle and straighten the cable from the robot upwards and lay it on the ground (in the sun if possible), for 30-60 minutes prior to rolling it up in big loops. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Bruce E
Bruce E

could you give me a price ondolphin200 please

Maytronics   DM

Hi Bruce. The Dolphin S200 has a recommended retail price of $2049 inclusive of GST. Please feel free to visit us at external link  or contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 for more information.

Elliot
Elliot

I push the button to turn the pool cleaner on and it blinks once and shuts itself off. any thoughts on what to do next?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Elliot. If the power supply flashes and then turns off, we recommend to turn off the power at the power outlet and disconnect the blue cable from the power supply. Once the blue cable has been disconnected, turn on the power outlet and then the power supply, independently from the robot. If the power supply still turns off, we recommend its assessment. If, however, the power supply shows to stay on and the LED lights remain illuminated, assessment of both the power supply and robot are recommended to identify the cause of the shutdown. Please contact our Customer Care team at customercareau@maytronics.com with your robot's serial number, your contact number and location and postcode and we will advise as to your closest dealer that is able to further assist.

Tony C.

I have just purchased a S200 a couple of days ago and the manual doesn't explain much about setting the power unit. I understand that I can set the timer for it come come on at the time I set it, everyday, every 2 or 3 days. Can I set it to come on twice a day or manually just to clean it as and when I want to without overriding the daily cleaning setup? Thank you. PS. is there a full manual available for reference? Cheers

Maytronics   DM

Hi Tony. The weekly timer feature on the power supply only allows for cleaning every day, every second day or every third day in a seven day period. It does not allow for multiple cleaning cycles in a day. If no selection is made on the power supply to set the weekly timer, the robot is able to be set to function at any time by manually pressing the "on" button. A full manual is definitely able to be sent to you via email. Please email our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance.

Tony C.

If I have it set to come on at same time every day and then press the "on" button, will it clear the every day clean setting?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Tony. If the weekly timer has been set, the power supply will flash between cycles. To clear an existing timer, turn off the power supply from the wall outlet and turn it back on after 10-20 seconds. Please email our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance.

Adrian D.
Adrian D.

How much does it cost

Maytronics   DM

Hi Adrian. Robots start at $1149 recommended retail, for a floor only model. Pricing increases for extra features such as wall climbing, weekly timer and smartphone compatibility. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

Jojo Caquilala
Jojo Caquilala

Dolphin S200 has the option to schedule the cleaning like 3 or 4 times a week?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Jojo. The Dolphin S200 has a weekly timer feature whereby the robot is set to function every day, every second day or every third day in a seven day period. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Graham
Graham

We have an indoor heated 14 x 2 metre lap pool. The pool is tiled, and we keep a blanket on it to prevent condensation damaging the building. Web have a problem with mould building up in the tile grout. We have used up to 5 PPM chlorine but still the mould grows. Will brushing with a Dolphin work in a covered pool and help control the mould?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Graham. A robot is able function whilst under a pool cover only if its blue cable is able to fit beneath it. Whilst the robot is running beneath the pool cover, however, it may not be able to reach the waterline if the pool cover is sitting at the same level. Maytronics robots are designed to maintain a clean pool and general pool maintenance is still required for a pool to remain in its most optimum condition. A robot may clean the area/s where mould exists however, it may not be ideal for long term. For an existing or ongoing issue with mould, targeted treatment is recommended.

ELKE S.
ELKE S.

I’m interested in the s200. In the promo video a person cleans it easily in the middle of the day but I’ll be at work during many days; can it stay in the water all day? What if I forget to take it out for a day or two?

MLD
MLD

Hi Elke, mine stays in the water all day most of the time. Doesn’t seem to be an issue

Maytronics   DM

Hi Elke. The Dolphin S200 has a weekly timer feature whereby the robot is able to be set to run every day, every second day or every third day in a seven day cycle. If this weekly timer feature has been set, the robot is able to remain in the pool. It is not recommended for the robot to remain in the pool for any extended period of time when it is not in use. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Angela R.
Angela R.

Hi we are looking at getting a robotic pool cleaner. We have a seat down one side and ledge around pool. We also get a lot of red dust/dirt in the pool being next to an unsealed piece of land. Hardly ever any leaves. Pool size is 10x4m, what product do you recommend?

JLow
JLow

I have a similar sized lap pool, 10 x 2m with a seat along one long side. The S200 does climb up the seat and clean there as well. The unit comes with 2 types of filter. The finer of the both is great with collecting sand from the bottom of the pool I find. Good luck with your purchase!

Maytronics   DM

Hi Angela. The Dolphin S200 is a lightweight yet robust model and is able to clean a pool's floor, walls and waterline. As it comes with two filter types, it is able to collect a variety of debris. If you'd like the details of your closest dealer, please visit us external link

Sophia
Sophia

I am thinking of purchasing a robot pool cleaner and wanted to know how it works with a leaves. We get leaves in the pool all the time and then in may when one of the trees looses it leaves will there be a problem there. Also I have a extra large pool my pool guy says that it is probably 3 times larger that the pools that are built today( I live on acerage and pool built 45 years ago). how will the cleaner go insect a large pool?

Muz
Muz

Hi Sophia
This cleaner does a great job on picking up leaves from the bottom of the pool. I get a lot of gum leaves and it scoops them all up. It’s very easy to clean the leaf basket and the filter. Can’t help with answering your question about cleaning a big pool as my pool is quite small.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Sophia. Robots, depending on the model, have the option of two filter types. The ultra-fine filter is for smaller debris, such as dust, and the spring-net filter is best suited for larger debris such as leaves. The model/s that may be best suited depend on the size of the pool (length and width). Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com with your pool's dimensions and your location and postcode and we will further assist.

Dolly
Dolly

I am in Spain. I bought the S2006 weeks ago and was delighted at first ,but it never ever climbed the walls. The seller, a well known and recognised pool shop asked to test it in their pool. They discovered a fault and sent it back to the main dealers for repair. The answer came back that, due to the amount of dirt the robot had collected, the ventilator was broken. There was dust on the bottom of the pool and some leaves but over the winter here I keep the pool clean. So there could not have been a lot of dirt. I have not seen the cleaner since as due to Covid the carriers are presumably overworked. Does this explanation about so much dirt ring true to you, and why should the ventilator break. ??There were no stones ot gravel on the pool, just some sand from the Sahara storms we get here. I would appreciate your feedback.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Dolly. We will forwarded your enquiry to our team that looks after your region. Could a contact email address or phone number be provided (in a private message if preferred or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com) for the team to get in touch with you? Thank you.

Mick M.
Mick M.

What is a normal cleaning cycle?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Mick. The Dolphin S200 has a cleaning cycle of two hours. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com for any further information.

Sue
Sue

Can you purchase a Dolphin S200 power supply cable unit separately?
The model is from summer 2019

Maytronics   DM

Hi Sue. The black power cable is definitely able to be purchased separately and available for purchase from your closest Maytronics dealer. Please visit us at external link  to locate your closest dealer. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com for any further information.

Pete

I am preparing to buy a high end maytronic cleaner. The guy in the shop said it would last about 10 years. $2000, a bit on the high side, but reasonable. So i want to know how i will be treated when i need support.

Does Maytronic understand the warranty system in australia?

Consumers are covered by Statutory Warranty. https://www.accc.gov.au/system/files/Warranties%20and%20refunds%20-%20a%20guide%20for%20consumers%20and%20business.pdf

Statutory rights are consumers rights which are implied in all consumer contracts by the Act. They cannot be changed, limited or refused by a seller.It is against the law for a seller to do anything that leads consumers to believe their rights are limited, or do not apply for example, by claiming that no refunds will be given under any circumstances. Any misleading claims a business makes about a consumers statutory rights are invalid and do not affect a consumers right to obtain a remedy for a breach of a statutory condition or warranty

Why are the customers reporting they could get repairs when the item was 'just out of warranty'?

What is considered a reasonable life for a $2000 cleaner?

thanks

Peter S.
Peter S.

My dealer said a 200 would last about 6 years, they said that's true of these kind of products. Mine stopped working at about 5 months. Again, according to my dealer, a known problem. They've had it about 3 weeks now as they are rebuilding it with a newer set of insides. Not sure when I'll get it back.

CWU

As far as I know they seem to be good fixing in warranty period. However there are a lot of problems with these machines breaking from 2 +years (motherboards, o rings etc). Given the price tag this shouldn’t be the case. Ours lasted a few months after warranty ended (which is also poor at only 2 yrs). What they had not told us was that pool shops have to diagnose problems ($90-$100 fee) plus then you are charged part and cost to repair. We asked for the part we needed directly to fix problem ourselves as out of warranty; customer service was poor from maytronics and slow. Took them over a week to respond to any query and never returned phone calls when said they would.
They are great company initially and everyone loves machine when trey first buy as so easy however only people who have had machine a few months have positive reviews. Everyone seems to have problems 2-3 yrs in and at price point that shouldn’t be happening. A lot of money for a couple of years use and then huge costs of $500-$800 to fix problems arising after a couple of years is disgusting. Don’t purchase. Choose alternative company who don’t put money into aesthetics and marketing!

Pete

CWU - the point is, Maytronic cannot set the warranty period or conditions and any attempt to convince you that they can is illegal. As i posted above the laws are very clear about this. Simply, warranty is set by the Federal Government and enshrined in law. It's very unique to Australia, but not many people are aware...read the official link i provided above.

CWU

Thanks it’s appreciated, will look into it before I do anymore.

Jed
Jed

Anyone has maytronics X40 plus?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Jed. The Dolphin X40+ is a fantastic robot. How are we able to assist? Please also do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com for any information.

Kim Boyd
Kim Boyd

Where can you buy a Dolphin S200 from in Perth and what is the difference between an X30 and X40?

Good Afternoon Kim, We recommend the following Dolphin Elite Dealer;
Name: South Perth Pool Supplies
Address: 5/129 Canning Highway, South Perth WA 6151
Phone: 08 94743588
Email: quigs1@bigpond.com

The Dolphin X30 and X40 - The X40 has the following features that are not found on the X30;
- Remote Control - My Dolphin only
- Choice of cycle times
- Caddy

Please do not hesitate to call our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 Option 2.

Kind Regards
Dee

M00
M00

Is the Dolphin S200 the same as the Dolphin db2?

Judith W.
Judith W.

Hi, it does similar things but they are different models.

Duck
Duck

No, different.
I suggest you go onto the Dolphin web site where you can do some comparisomes by selecting the different models.

Maytronics   DM

Hi M00. The Dolphin DB2 and the S200 are similar in shape and functionality and are distributed differently. The DB2 has a fifteen metre cable and the S200 has an eighteen metre cable. The DB2 comes with an ultra-fine filter basket and the S200 comes with both the ultra-fine filters and the net filters. Please contact our Customer Care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com for further information.

Shane fleming
Shane fleming

My cleaner picks up very few leaves. Pool was full of leaves but cleaner picked up about 6. What am I doing wrong?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Shane. Thank you for your enquiry. It is recommended to remove excess leaves from the pool prior to setting the robot on its cycle. While robotic pool cleaners are able to filter a certain amount of leaves from a pool, they are unable to filter an abundance of them. The size and type of leaf may also determine as to whether it will be able to be filtered. The net filter is also the best suited for larger debris, such a leaves. Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance.

Lee B.
Lee B.

Hi , I have recently purchased an x30 about 2 months ago. Is it suppose to have suction? I can’t feel any suction when I put my hand underneath when it’s on. I have a pool with a tiled coping that is flush with surrounding tiles. Fine dust easily can end up in pool after rain or wind. I’m finding the x30 can’t suck up the fine stuff. It aggitates the water then the water stays cloudy and not appealing. I want a clear clean pool. Any suggestions?

Neilo10
Neilo10

There should be two filters. I find the fine one does pick up the fine stuff. I also give the bottoms of the pool a brush while the Dolphin is running which seems to help with the pick up. Also regularly clean the filter.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Lee. To filter smaller particles such as dust, ensure to use the ultra-fine filter kit. These filters look like small folds. We also recommend cleaning the filter basket after each cycle to ensure that it remains clean and unclogged. Please contact us on 1300 693 657, option 2 or at customercareau@maytronics.com for any further assistance

Mandy
Mandy

Just wondering what pool cleaner is appropriate for vinyl lining?

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives