Maytronics Dolphin S 300i

Listing monitored by Maytronics

19 questions from our users

Elroy B.
Elroy B.asked

I had my S300i for 6mths and at first it worked well however lately it doesn't seem to pick up leaves and it seems I'm forever clearer the impeller. Can anyone tell me if the black sock wears out and if it needs replacing for it the machine to clean properly?

Lisa T.
Lisa T.

Don’t hesitate to contact Maytronics directly they are so helpful and very attentive just in case there is an underling issue, I’m sure they will resolve your problem .. also try putting the setting on ultra clean every 2nd or 3rd day

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hello Elroy. Thank you for reaching out. If the non-return flap (the black "sock" at the bottom of the filter basket) has torn or no longer sits correctly, it may require replacement. However, if the Dolphin is experiencing difficulty collecting leaves, soak the filters in warm water and a mild dishwashing detergent to shift any ingrained debris that may be contributing to the problem. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Elroy B.
Elroy B.asked

Hi everyone, I've recently purchased a S200 and I was impressed with the machine (cleaner), but decided I need the flexibility to program start and cycles times, so I upgraded to S300i. My opinion about the machine hasn't changed, but I'm incredibly frustrated with the robot (control unit). The S200 had a control panel with function keys for the weekly start cycles that didn't work and now that I've upgraded to the S300i, the control panel don't have the function keys and rely completely on the bluetooth and wifi connectivity that also doesn't work. I've upgraded and payed more money for functions I'm not getting. What am I missing here, the blue wifi indicator is showing it is connected but the app is stuck on "receiving info from robot". Has anyone else had this issue. One extremely frustrated and unhappy customer.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Elroy. When using wifi as the preferred method for connectivity for the My Dolphin Plus smartphone application, ensure that both wi-fi and Bluetooth are enabled and that Location Services are also enabled as this allows the My Dolphin Plus smartphone application the access to the device to allow connection. These options should also be prompted when using the application.

A strong wi-fi presence be present in the area of the power supply is recommended as this allows the connection to take place. Should the signal strength be less than required, a wi-fi extender may be able to provide the solution to assist in boosting the connection and allow the connection and if using an extender, ensure to connect into this network. If the smartphone application gets to the final stage and is then unable to connect, this is generally due to signal strength. Please also note that the wi-fis frequency is required to be set to 2.4Ghz as this is what is supported by the robot’s power supply.

Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on customercareau@maytronics.com or 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Roslyn M.
Roslyn M.asked

Will it clean non tiled pools?
I above ground pool.

Lid
Lid

It will clean a fibreglass pool

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Rosalynd. The Dolphin S300i is versatile for use on a variety of pool surfaces such as but not limited to tile, fibreglass, pebblecrete, and vinyl. Please feel free to visit us at https://maytronics.com.au/support/find-a-dealer/ to locate the closest dealer that is also able to assist.

Beages
Beagesasked

I purchased a S300i cleaner approx 3 months ago, replacing an old Zodiac robotic cleaner. To say I'm disappointed with the unit would be an understatement. The unit is not letting leaves come all the way into the basket while cleaning. Everything gets stuck in the black cloth section of the basket. I've read a previous response to this problem where you recommend scooping the pool first - kind of defeats the purpose of having this type of unit don't you think? I don't consider the amount of debris to be excessive and the previous cleaner coped fine. The unit is getting blocked very easily and I have to unblock it several times during its cycle to clear the chute.

Can you please advise how I go about getting a different machine under warranty ? Failing this, I'd like to discuss getting a refund. Thanks

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Beages. Thank you for your feedback. The Dolphin S300i has a dual filter whereby the filter basket is fitted with the ultra fine filter panels and the net filter basket sits within it. If a large amount of leaves are present in the pool and if the filter basket requires cleaning mid cleaning cycle, manual removal of these is recommended as this minimises any blockage from the non return flap and into the filter basket. It is recommended to discuss any swap to a different model or refund with the store of purchase.

Wyrick
Wyrickasked

Our Dolphin is not letting leaves come all the way into the basket while cleaning. Everything gets stuck in the black part as it is coming into the basket. We checked for leaves etc. in the propeller and it is clear. It is only about 6 months old

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Wyrick. If the robot is not allowing for debris to pass the non return valve, it may be due to the size of the debris or the amount. If there happens to be a large number of leaves, for example, present in the pool, the robot may be unable to collect them all and could be the cause as to them becoming stuck. It is recommend to remove any excessive debris from the pool prior to running the robot.

Peter R.
Peter R.asked

I have an S300i that has stopped working. Can you tell me what voltage I should have at the pool end of the lead? I have 10VAC.

contact dealer

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Peter. If the robot itself has ceased to function correctly, assessment is required to correctly identify the cause. Please contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 to locate your closest authorised Maytronics service agent.

Roel
Roelasked

I'm now using the Dolphin 300i for a few weeks and are a bit disappointed by the limited App capabilities. Why are simple features like you can find on almost all other robotic cleaners such as how long is left on the cleaning cycle not available??? Nor in the app and not on the controller box??? They are available on the other robotic cleaners in the market like Zodiac.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Roel. Thank you for your feedback. The features available on the My Dolphin application assist in allowing extra options to become available in the programming and use of your robot. Our team that looks after the smartphone application are continuously making improvements in its functionality. The countdown timer for a robot's cleaning cycle is not currently an available feature however, we are unable to advise at this time as to whether it will become available in the future.

kevin d
kevin dasked

rubbish keeps getting sucked into impeller is this a standard problem

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Kevin. Debris may become caught in the impeller n instances such as if the filters are dirty or clogged with debris, if the filter panels are not correctly installed into the filter basket and/or if the filter basket is not correctly fitted into the robot. The type of debris may also contribute to any debris getting caught in the impeller, such as hair etc.

Kim H

I found the flap at the bottom that is there to let the water out when you lift it out of the pool does not sit or seal very well. I think this allows dirt and other stuff to bypass the filter so hair etc can get stuck in the impeller but mostly distributes the dirt around the pool instead of filtering it, it then resettles around the steps and floor - I found sticking it partially down at the middle with tape significantly reduces the problem, water does not drain as quickly out of the unit but it does clean better. I have to redo the tape every few months. would be good if they redesigned this stop the problem

Francine
Francineasked

Hello, I purchased a 300i last July and used it for approximately 6 weeks before I tucked it away for winter. I put it in my pool the first week of June and it wouldn't move. Did all the trouble shooting and still nothing. Took it to where I purchased it and after about a week they told me the motor was bad. They said that Maytronics was aware of this problem and that I would likely just be given a new robotic vacuum. After waiting 6 weeks for an answer, I received a message today stating that my vacuum was "fixed" and ready to be picked up. As you can imagine, I do not want a "refurbished" dolphin robotic vac when I paid for a new one and used it for only 6 weeks. I am dissatisfied with this outcome. Can you please tell me who can take care of this for me?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Francine. In the event that a robot requires repair during its warranty period, the robot will be assessed and repaired accordingly. We are unaware as to the dealer that advised that the robot would be replaced and are also unaware of any "bad motors" or that this is a known issue. It is Maytronics process to allow assessment of a robot during its warranty period and take the required steps to ensure its repair and return. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com with the robot's serial number and your location and postcode for any further assistance.

RC Moonpie
RC Moonpieasked

What is the difference btwn Maytronics Dolphin S 300 and the Dolphin S300i?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi RC Moonpie. The Dolphin S300 is unfortunately not available in Australia. We have forwarded your enquiry to our colleagues in the United States to provide more information.

David

I do not know hope it is better then the SI I am not happy

ammo71
ammo71

s3001 has double layer in filter.
also comes with handy trolley plus app to use to set, and also to 'drive' dolphin exactly where you want it to go with your mobile

Bridgd
Bridgdasked

I have had my cleaner for 3 years. It stopped working properly - would start then stop. I looked up how to clean the impellor etc. Did all that. Still will not work properly but can see it is sucking in the water as it should do. On further investigation we found the wheel that drives the track thing was slipping although cogs seemed OK. Have put it in for repair and quoted $280 and seems like everything is being replaced including the motor. I am not so sure this is right?? Have been dissatisfied as just on two years the cord that connects to the power box stopped working and I got hit up to have that replaced. Then since the people that supplied and installed the pool were questionable - the dophin they sold with the package did not have a long enough cord to clean the pool so had to have an extension cord which meant the control box was in the sun - it perished and I had to spend a small fortune to have that replaced - now this. For something that is 3 years old with a replacement value of around$2500 I would expect more from it - as stated by the Australian consumer law. I am asking for you to please cover the costs of this repair - I have not had it long enough to be having most of it replaced as follows :
1 x IMPELLER MOTOR - S Series
2 x Wheel Bush - S Series
2 x Front Wheel - S Series
1 x Active brush adaptor(R)
1 x Active brush adaptor (L)
2 x Active brush bushing
2 x Wheel bearing adaptor
2 x Active brush bushing
What is your opinion regarding this extensive repair?

Grantk

Contact the following : customercareau@maytronics.com for any further information. I had some issues and found them excellent to deal with

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Bridgd. Our Customer Care Team are happy to further assist you with this. Please email us at customercareau@maytronics.com and also provide the robot's serial number so we can confirm its model look into this with you.

Tiwini

You are correct Australian consumer guarantee extends past the manufactor warranty .
The Consumer Guarantee ensures that a Businesses must provide these automatic guarantees regardless of any other warranties they give to you or sell you.
Warranties are separate from your automatic consumer guarantees. The consumer guarantees which apply regardless of any warranties suppliers sell or give to you, apply for a reasonable time depending on the nature of the goods or services. This means consumer guarantees may continue to apply after the time period for the warranty has expired.

Polita
Politaasked

Hi, Could you tell Me if the demo unit is as good and strong as the buyable one? Or does it have any difference?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Polita. Robots that are used as "demo units" are built the same as those that are purchased. They have the same build, functionality and parts. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com for any further information.

Linda N.
Linda N.asked

Hi Maytronics I live in an area (far west NSW) where dust storms are more frequent, several times per week over several months, depending on the time of year. Much fine dust, grainy dust and other stuff gets into the pool. Is the Dolphin s300i a machine capable of removing fine dust (we have a demo model at present demonstrating it well removes larger debris)? We don't have access to professional cleaners who can perform micro cleaning. Looking forward to your advice.

Grantk

This machine will definitely do the job, we get a lot of sand blown into our pool and this cleaner handles the job with little effort.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Linda. The Dolphin S300i has ultra-fine filters fitted to the filter basket. This filter kit has a micron size of fifty and is best suited for smaller, finer debris. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com for any further information.

Paul B.
Paul B.asked

My s300i isn't collecting the dirty rain residue on the bottom of the pool the scrubbers are mearly recirculating it into the water after several cycles although initially appears cleaner once the debbie settles we are back to stage
Is there a problem with the unit it is only 1 month old

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Paul. The Dolphin S300i has a dual filtration basket whereby ultra-fine filters are fitted to the basket frame and a net insert sits within it. This net insert is able to be removed to focus on the finer debris. If the rain residue is due to a recent storm whereby red dust was a result, it may be that the pool requires a professional service to manually vacuum this debris from the pool prior to the robot's use. Please contact our Customer Care Team via email to customercareau@maytronics.com or on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further assistance.

Paul
Paulasked

Can i find a dealer in the philippines?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Paul, Thank you for your enquiry. You can contact our South East Asian Team on +63 917 871 4241. Alternatively, if you are wanting to message your contact details to me, I can arrange to have one our Customer Care Team members call you.

Blair W.
Blair W.asked

Does this cleaner work on smooth tiled pools with walls set from floor at right angles? Struggling to find something that will climb walls and do water lines for my pool. Most fall away

Alan.H
Alan.H

Hi Blair, my pool is a smooth painted pool but is curved floor to wall and has no problem climbing the wall to scrub the water line. I first saw the S300i on display in a Perspex box that climbed the wall at a sharp right angle so I can’t see why it couldn’t do that for you. Maytronics will have a local rep in your area that can come and try out the cleaner before committing to a purchase.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Blair. The Dolphin S300i is suitable for use on various surface types, including tile. If you are unsure as to whether this particular robot may be suitable, we recommend scheduling a demonstration with your closest Maytronics dealer. Please visit us at https://book.mydolphin.com.au/ to arrange a demonstration or, contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or customercareau@maytronics.com for further information. Have a great day.

l smithasked

can I direct my S300I around the pool with the power supply?

Kim H

No not at all, only with the phone app, which in my opinion was rubbish at best, but the power supply has no control at all beyond selecting quick clean (floor only) or full clean, and a few programs such as once a day or every second day (i think) but I don't use those as i don't leave the unit in the pool.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Good Morning. If you would like the option to manually drive your Dolphin S300i, this is able to be done via the MyDolphin smartphone application as it is not able to be done from the power supply itself. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or customercareau@maytronics.com for further information.

thanks

chris
chrisasked

I have a s300i, Can I order spare parts from you?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Chris, Maytronics does not sell direct to the public, but if you call us on 1300 693 657 we can direct you to the closest dealer.

Ken
Kenasked

Hi, I got a brand new S300i dolphin 6 months ago. It’s worked very well upto now when I can’t seem to be able to select the cleaning mode & hence does not work. It does not work via the app and does not work from the control panel either. Please help

PLdon
PLdon

Just contact whoever you bought it from or Maytronics direct. They carry a 2 year warranty.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657 and we will help you out.

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives

Other Robotic Pool Cleaners