Maytronics Dolphin X30

Maytronics Dolphin X30 Questions & Answers

Meg · Dolphin X30

Hi I have just bought a Dolphin x 30 and it is just doing small runs and then it will lift off the bottom and half float then go back down and do small runs again it has done three cycles and hasn’t picked everything up yet. What am I doing wrong.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Meg, Thank you for your enquiry regarding your Dolphin X30.

Please contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. Please have your robot serial number available and we will go through some troubleshooting tips with your directly.

Meg

Thank you. I will call you tomorrow

ray h.
ray h. · Dolphin X30

Which filter should I use for normal light pool cleaning, and which should I use for heavier cleaning.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Ray, Thank you for your enquiry regarding your Dolphin X30.

A Dolphin robotic pool cleaner can be equipped with fine spring filters (100 microns - screen mesh) that remove large debris (leaves, grass, twigs) and/or ultra-fine filters (50 microns - pleated, corrugated) that clean small particles (e.g. sand, dirt).

Spring filters should be used for initial spring cleaning (early in the season).

If there is anything further we can do to assist, please contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2.

Mark S.
Mark S. · Dolphin X30

Hi, we have a X20 Dolphin, world great but it keeps getting tangled! Is there anything you can recommend to stop it?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Mark, Thank you for providing feedback on your Dolphin X30.
First we would recommend taking your Dolphin robot out of the pool and straightening the cable out completely, letting it air dry in the sun for at least 3 hours to get the kinks and twists out. Let it air dry before winding it up.

Make sure that the cable is wound correctly after each use. We recommend that you also check that nothing is obstructing the Dolphin wheels or tracks as this could cause the Dolphin to spin in circles and twist the cable.

To keep your cable free of tangles we recommend making sure the water temperature is over 15C/59F and that the pool's chemicals are balanced and in the optimum recommended range:

pH: 7.0-7.8
Chlorine: Max. 4 PPM
NaCl/Salt: Max. 5,000 PPM

Most importantly, do not use too much cable! If your Dolphin has a Swivel Cable and especially if it doesn't, it is very important to measure out the right amount of cable you need.

To do that measure out the same length of cable as the longest length of your pool. That will be the amount of cable your robot needs to allow it to cover the pool and help avoid tangles. Make sure the power supply is centered at the longest length of the pool for better performance.

Daniel N.
Daniel N. · Dolphin X30

My unit when I press the button to turn on, the blue light only comes on for a split second then turns off
What’s wrong with it

Maytronics   DM

Hi Daniel, Thank you for your enquiry regarding your Dolphin X30. Please kindly call our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. Please have your robot serial number available and we will run through troubleshooting with you over the phone.

Many thanks and have a great day!

Jenny L.
Jenny L. · Dolphin X30

I have a X30 that seems a bit underwhelming. It always seems to leave patches not cleaned particularly on edges - any suggestions.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Jenny, Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your Dolphin X30. To get a better understanding of what you've been experiencing, please kindly contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. Please have your serial number available.

Many thanks!

Beverley · Dolphin X30

Hi, the last few days my Dolphin X30 starts goes for a couple of feet then stops, what would be the reason for this?

Maytronics   DM

Hello Beverley. Thank you for choosing to purchase a Dolphin. An early stop of the robot may be caused by a warning from the motor safety sensors. In this case we advise you to check that there are no obstructions in the drive system or in the impeller.
Remove the robot from the pool, and disconnect the power supply from the outlet.
Now, place it upside down, try rotating the brushes by hand.
Check the tracks and brushes for any visible damage.

Now let's check the impeller and its surrounding parts.
Make sure the power supply is still unplugged from the outlet. Use a Phillips-head screwdriver, do not use a power drill.
If you notice debris trapped in the impeller, open the impeller, remove the debris, and reassemble.
Now test the robot in the pool
We would advise you to check that your power supply unit also remains switched on when your robot stops. If your power supply unit is also turning off, we recommend you check there is no issue with your power supply.

If the problem persists, you will need to carry out a more thorough diagnosis at an authorised Maytronics repairer.

Beverley please feel free to contact us anytime for assistance on 1300 693 657 Option 2

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Beverley

Thank you, I am waiting on one of my sons to have a look at it, but I have purchased a new power box which arrived this morning, have yet to connect it.

Chubs!
Chubs! · Dolphin X30

Hi, I have an X30 and the lead does not have a swivel. Is the swivel available separately or do you have to purchase an entire new lead?

thanks

Maytronics   DM

Hello Chubs. Thank you for reaching out to us.
To obtain a swivel you will need to purchase an entire new lead. If you have any further questions or would like some assistance please don't hesitate to give us a call on 1300 693 657 option 2.

thomastlcis.com.au
thomastlcis.com.au · Dolphin X30

Hi there, I just purchased my Dolphin X30 and am wondering can a remote-control device be attached to the control box to turn this on or to program when the Dolphin X30 should turn on. Thomas

Maytronics   DM

Good Afternoon, thank you for your enquiry. The Dolphin X30 does not have a weekly timer option available. You are required to turn the Dolphin X30 ON/OFF via the power supply unit.

If you require any further information, please do not hestiate to contact one of our friendly customer care team members on 1300 693 657 option 2.

Which filter does what

Maytronics   DM

Hi Bernadette. Thank you for reaching out. For mud, the ultra-fine filter type may be better suited as it has recommended for finer debris. This filter type appears as small folds and is 50 micron. The spring net filter type appears as a fine mesh and is 70 micron and is best suited for large debris.

Bernadette H. · Dolphin X30

Which filter should I use for mud in pool

Bernadette H. · Dolphin X30

Which filter should I use for mud in the pool

John
John · Dolphin X30

Hi, my blue cable continues to twist on itself and doesn’t sit on bottom of pool, this happens after 15-20 mins, I have to unwind and spin dolphin x30 anti clock wise sometimes 10-15 times!!
Do I need to replace cable?

Maytronics   DM

Hi John Thank you for reaching our regarding your Dolphin X30 - there may be a few reasons why the cable is continually tangling and our Customer Care team will be able to go through more in depth troubleshooting with you. If you can please call 1300 693 657 opt 2 and have you robot's serial number handy we will be able to assist you further.

Sg P. · Dolphin X30

Hi, my x30 is brand new (about 2 weeks old) and has stopped moving after 16 minutes every time it's run (I've timed it). Not once has it moved for longer. It just sits on the bottom of the pool until I turn the power pack / box off and back on.

I've checked the impeller and emptied and washed out the skimmer box several times.

The pool guy changed the power pack / box yesterday, thinking it was the problem. But new power unit today, and same problem.

What should I do? Thanks.

Dirk

It is unlikely you will be able to fix this yourself. It is probably the timer device, but as that has been replaced that indicates it could be the motor itself. We had one which never stopped, and that turned out to be the motor. You are entitled to repairs under warranty; but because it is new I would be seeking a brand new complete unit - actual robot including power unit. Now we will see how good the warranty is and how well Maytronics or the seller respond.

Sg P.

Hi again, so I left it all switched off and out of the pool overnight.

This morning, cleaned skimmer box thoroughly, then tried it again. It ran for 16 minutes again, then stopped. Note - the blue light was still on, on the power pack.

This pattern of running for just 16 minutes then stopping happened 4 times in a row yesterday, as well at the only time I tried it this morning.

Ideas on how to get it to run longer cycles?

Maytronics   DM

Hi, thank you for reaching out. If the Dolphin is only running for a short time, it is recommended to ensure that there is no obstruction within the impeller that could be causing the early shut down.

Should the early shut down continue, it is recommended that the agent of purchase or the closest Maytronics branch give the Dolphin a once over assessment to determine as to the cause.

Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Sg P.

thanks, yes, I have checked the impellor a few times. The rep is coming today to swap it for a different model. Thanks for your reply.

Peter N. · Dolphin X30

My X30 stops shortly after start and intermittently trips the power Reset. Robot impeller, filters, tractors etc ok.
When opened, the power supply is full of ants nest. There is no rubber seal to the caseing?
After careful cleaning the power supply still the same. New power supply?

Dirk

Ants in a power point can cause tripping of a fuse, so maybe.

Peter N.

From reviews seems there is a common problem with robot stopping shortly after starting. The power supply caseing is not sufficiently sealed and water etc causes damage. What water ingress rating? IP66? Not good enough

Peter N.

The ingress protection rating for the power supply is IP54. Nowhere near good enough for rain and insects?

Maytronics   DM

Hello Peter. The power supply is a sealed unit and has an IP rating of 54. This rating makes the power supply dust proof and water resistant; the unit is also sealed. If this power supply has ceased to function due to the ants nest, a replacement is recommended. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

Peter N.

Most 24/7 exposed electrical devices such as security cameras are IP66.
IP54 is not sufficient for this power supply.

Maytronics   DM

Hello Peter. The IP rating for the power supply is centred around the position and mounting points of the power supply with regard to water entry and safety. The IP 54 rating pertains to the power supply being resistant to light rain and its storage is recommended to be off the ground to minimise any potential flooding and/or, entry by small insects. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

Peter N.

The power supply seems ok so I took my X30 to pool shop service. The result, the motor has water in it. As the X30 is ~8yo and looking very tired I decided to buy a new one. The new X30 comes with a different power supply. It has a display offering three options? I can't find an operation manual anywhere. Tried the WiFi apps but no WiFi generating. How does it work?

Peter N.

Contacted customer support. All sorted although an instruction manual would be good?

Maytronics   DM

Please feel free to visit us at external link  to view the full online user manual for your Dolphin X30 or, to download it as a PDF.

p_t_686 · Dolphin X30

Hi ...I purchased a Dolphin X30 about a year ago and have been very impressed by it's cleaning capacity but over the past couple of weeks i have noticed it has slowed down and not climbing the walls very well and there is a clogging of leaves in the top vent which didn't happened before but now it does every time i use the cleaner and there are leave getting under the manifold ...why is this happening and how do i fix this problem please.

Dirk

Have you checked the impeller? To do so properly you will need a philips screw driver to remove the screw which holds the impeller on. Just get a hold of the impeller with a finger or two (it's a bit of a tight space) and then unscrew the screw. The impeller will get fouled with debris. I have had stringy bits of debris wrap around the impeller shaft. It is no good just to leave the impeller in place and hose around it - that will not remove anything which has wrapped around the shaft.

p_t_686

Worked a treat and alls good....thanks very much for your help

Maytronics   DM

Hello, thank you for reaching out. We are glad to hear that your Dolphin is now working well :)
For future reference, please feel free to visit us at external link  for a video as to how to remove the top cover and assess for debris.

harsh b.
harsh b. · Dolphin X30

Hi,
I have first time used maytronics dolphin x30 in my vinyl pool. However the water turned cloudy after the use. Is it because of dirt I had before on the pool ground? How it can be resolved?

Paul H

It likely would be dirt being stirred up by the pool cleaner making the water go cloudy. How you resolve that will depend on your pool's filtration system and what type you are using and on the balance of your water. If you take a sample of your pool water to a pool shop, they'll test it and tell you if you need to add anything to the pool. The robotic cleaner will ultimately suck up a lot of the dirt if you are using the fine particle filters as they are very effective at cleaning the pool. The only thing wrong with them is the stupid cord they put on them which twists up all the time regardless of how many times you leave it stretched out in the hot sun! Good luck with it.

Maytronics   DM

Hello Harsh. Thank you for reaching out. If you are finding that finer debris is being stirred during the Dolphin's cleaning cycle, Maytronics recommends to use the ultra-fine filter type . This filter type is 50 micron and appears as small folds and is best suited for finer debris. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Ben
Ben · Dolphin X30

Hi, may i know is my Dolphins model X30 power cable(black) that connect to the power supply under warranty coverage?

Maytronics   DM

Hello Ben. Thank you for reaching out. As the Dolphin X30 has a two year limited warranty, the black power cable is covered under warranty within the first year. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Drew S.
Drew S. · Dolphin X30

I have the trident hydro which I think is the same as the x 30 just different Badge, can you get a cable that swivels, also how can you remap or get the robot to remap to pool

Dave V.
Dave V.

My cable is fixed and does not have a swivel joint. Not sure this model has that option.

Paul H

Hi Drew. My X30 does not have a swivel cable unfortunately. I am not sure how you would get it to remap the pool. You may have to put that question to Maytronics.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Drew Thank you for reaching out regarding your Trident Hydro and the option of having a swivel cable installed and remapping of the pool. You are able to have a swivel cable installed at your cost through one of our approved service and repair centres. You can try to put the cleaner in a different part of the pool when starting the cycle which will allow the robot's algorithims to sense it is in a different area and clean accordingly. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 and one of our team members will be able to assist you further.

BrianVee · Dolphin X30

Do you offer a comprehensive range of spare parts for your pool robots and repair your robots when out of warranty?

Maytronics   DM

Hi BrianVee. Thank you for reaching out. We have a variety of spare parts available for a range of Dolphin models. For robots that are outside of warranty, Maytronics refer to our authorised service agents for assessment to quote for repair as we have several authorised agents across each state. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

BrianVee

Can you just clarify ... do you stock the complete range of parts and can a motor be replaced or is it necessary to purchase a complete lower assembly with all motors and electronics at near the cost of the entire robot? (This was me experience with your competitor and I’m hoping not to relive it)

Maytronics   DM

Hi BrianVee. Yes we do stock a variety of spares parts that will assist with having the robot repaired. Cost will be dependent on the parts that are required to repair the robot at the time. If you require further information please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2.

BrianVee

So you do not stock a complete range of parts?

Maytronics   DM

Hi BrianVee. All parts for the Dolphin X30 are available for purchase. If you are seeking a certain part, please contact our Customer Care Team for this information.

Neil
Neil · Dolphin X30

I purchased a dolphin x30 6/7 months ago and had worked fine but not when I us it a come back later I find the dolphin on its back

Maytronics   DM

Hi Neil. If the robot has fall onto its back, it is recommended to ensure that the water chemistry is tested and balanced where required, followed by a thorough brush down of the surfaces to minimise any slipperiness that may contribute to this occurring. If the problem continues to occur, assessment is recommended to identify the cause of this as it is quite unusual behaviour. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives

Select a listing for your question
Maytronics Dolphin X30