Maytronics Dolphin X30

Maytronics Dolphin X30 Questions & Answers (page 2)

Matt

Hi there. I’ve got a X30, and I noticed when I picked it up whilst operating and leaving it under the water, that there was no suction from underneath, the suction appeared to be through the two yellow grates on the top of the unit each side. Is this normal?

Dave V.
Dave V.

Hi Matt. Does the filter basket fill up with dirt/leaves etc?

Matt

It has a few leaves in it, but I’m talking only 5-10, and a little bit of dirt in it. Nowhere near enough to block it up.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Matt. Robots do not have forceful suction, like that of a vacuum cleaner. If the robot is not collecting debris as it should, we recommend to remove and clean the filter panels of which are also able to be soaked in warm water and a mild dishwashing detergent. Should this not resolve the problem, assessment may be required. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any assistance.

Matt

Thanks for your reply. I’m currently soaking both sets of filter pads I received with the unit. Interestingly I just read the instructions and it shows that there should also be an inner basket. I didn’t receive this; is this an optional extra or should I also be using an inner basket with the X30? If so are they available? I’ve just left a message on your Custer Care voicemail.

Kelly H.

My Maytronics X30 is literally new out of the box. We had 1 run of a couple of minutes from it but it pretty much travels a foot and then stops.the filters are clean and theres nothing caught in the impeller. I have a 100,000 litre pool. I'm so sad... I cant get it to work.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Kelly. Thank you for reaching out. This is very unusual behaviour of a Dolphin and we recommend the robot be assessed to understand and identify as to what is causing the problem. We recommend to take the robot in to place of purchase where assessment is able to be arranged from there.

Kristy H.
Kristy H.

Is it normal that my X30 does not vacuum my steps? It will drive up the steps to clean the “wall” part of the steps but not the steps themselves. I have only used it 4 times but each time it is missing more and more of the dirt on the pool floor. Is this normal?

InternetGuy

Sometimes it will sometimes it just depends what’s happening sometimes it will go along the steps and then fall off other times it won’t

Maytronics   DM

Hi Kristy. Thank you for reaching out. Steps are not guaranteed as an area of cleaning as they are not part of the mapping process and as they also vary in size, shape, depth etc between pools. We recommend to sweep any debris on the steps into the bottom of the pool of which the robot will collect during the cleaning cycle.

Kelly H.

How long does the Dolphin take to map the pool for its first clean? I have a nee one and its been in the pool for nearly 2 days and has barely moved. Also, is there a 'reset' function?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Kelly. Generally robots take a few minutes to map the pool for the first time and will continue to do so during the cleaning cycle. We recommend to speak with the store of purchase if your robot appears to be functioning differently. There is no "reset" button. as such as the robot constantly maps the pool.

Adam
Adam

Can you please explain how to remove the Dolphin X30 from a pool if you cannot pull on the cable and water depth is to great to reach without getting in the pool?

InternetGuy

you cant .. thats the system .. the cable is very strong - just tug it along SLOWLY dont yank it like your are trying to surf the unit out of the pool ... as soon as you can reach the handle and its heavy to lift out dont use the cabe just the handle on the unit .. I just lify it onto the edge and let it drain .. when its done i move it away and clean it off

Maytronics   DM

Hi Adam. Whilst the manual does advised not to use the cable to remove the robot from the pool, it is able to be used to guide the robot to the water's edge and then removed from the pool using the robot's handle. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

Gary

My X30 keeps stopping, it runs for a minute then stops, I take it out return to the water but it does the same every time??

Maytronics   DM

Hi Gary. If the power supply LED light stays on and the robot displays signs of not functioning correctly, we recommend to check for obstructions within the impeller and the drive tracks. The impeller (which resembles a fan on the top of the unit), may be tangled with debris. With the robot disconnected from power, remove the impeller cover, which is located at the top of the unit where the blue cable is connected, and examine the unit. Any obstructions are to be removed. Should the issue continue to occur, assessment of the robot is recommended. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Gary

Perfect, rubbish in the impeller, many thanks

Ruth L.
Ruth L.

Does the Maytronics X30 have a timer like the X40+ has?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Ruth. The Dolphin X30 does not have the timer feature that the Dolphin 40+ has. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

Justin P.
Justin P.

is the X30 the same as the Trident Hydro and same spec as the S200?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Justin. With regards to functionality and build, the Dolphin S200 and the Dolphin X30 are the same. However, the Dolphin S200 does have additional features that the Dolphin X30 does not have. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information between the two models.

Pateena Donnelly
Pateena Donnelly

What are the differences between the x30 and the x40

Maytronics   DM

Hi Pateena. The Dolphin X30 is a floor, wall and waterline cleaning robot. The Dolphin X40+ will also climb and clean a pool's floor, wall and waterline however it is also smartphone compatible whereby additional features are available that the Dolphin X30 does not have. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

Marc D.

Hi After replacing a the non swivel cable to the newer swivel version my x30 doesn't cover the pool aswell and won't climb the walls is this related to the buoyancy of the new cable. How can i correct this issue.
Regards Marc

Adam B.
Adam B.

I’m more interested to know what this cable is. I think my original one is terrible.

Marc D.

The replacement cable for the original is a swivel cable but appears to be to buoyant

Maytronics   DM

Hi Marc. Thank you for your enquiry. The change in the cable does not appear to be related to the robot missing areas of the pool and experiencing difficulty climbing. We recommend to soak the filters in a solution of warm water and a mild dishwashing detergent to shift any ingrained debris and to also take a water sample to your local pool shop for a full test of the water chemistry followed by a thorough brush down of the pool's surfaces to shift any slipperiness. Please contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further assistance.

Chris
Chris

Does the X30 have a phone app?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Chris. The Dolphin X30 is not a smartphone compatible model. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Harveyo
Harveyo

Your reply to zsiggy 3 weeks ago said the Dolphin X 30 comes with a 18 metre cable with swivel.
All advices I have received directly from Maytronics have said it does not have a swivel cable .
Has this changed recently ?

InternetGuy

I only have the Prowler 920 and it does NOT have a swivel cable join .. BUT i can tell you I have no issues without one .. it does the job and the cable just flows along ... I place my unit in from the MIDDLE of the side of the pool .. maybe that helps

Maytronics   DM

Hi Harvyeo. The Dolphin X30 does not have a swivel on its 18 metre cable as standard. Its retail counterpart, the Dolphin S200 however, does have this feature. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

Hello, what’s the difference between the X30 and M400 models please ? thanks

Maytronics   DM

Hi Zsiggy. The Dolphin X30 and the Dolphin M400 will both climb and will clean a pool’s floor, walls and waterline. The Dolphin X30 is a lightweight, yet robust and single drive robot. Its brushes are suitable on pool types from pebblecrete to fibreglass and glass tile and it has an 18 metre cable, without a swivel. This model is top loading with a filter basket and also has the PowerStream mobility system of which assists in the robot’s climbing ability, waterline scrubbing and manoeuvrability. The Dolphin M400 is a dual drive robot of which is larger and heavier than that of a single drive model. The Dolphin M400 is distributed with two brush types of which depend on the pool surfaced type. It also has an 18 metre cable with swivel and is top loading. This model has two filter cartridges and will have both filter kits provided to interchange into the cartridges for varying types of debris. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

zsiggy

That’s great , thank you !

Kym T.
Kym T.

I have an X30 which has worked fantastically up until now. Loaned it to my neighbor and now won't run, runs intermittently or doesn't do a full cycle - this is after turning on and off repeatedly. Power light comes on, have removed some debris from the impeller on the top, and the tracks can be hand rotated. I am suspecting an electronics issue - is this likely?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Kym. If both the impeller and the drive tracks are clear and the power supply appears to be functioning normally, assessment of the robot is recommended. Please visit us at external link  to locate your closest dealer or contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2.

Mark M.
Mark M.

just sits there blowing water...going great before this happened

Maytronics   DM

Hi Mark. If the power supply LED light stays on and the robot displays signs of not functioning correctly, we recommend to check for obstructions within the impeller and the drive tracks. The impeller (which resembles a fan on the top of the unit), may be tangled with leaves, hair, and other debris. With the robot disconnected from power, remove the impeller cover, which is located at the top of the unit where the blue cable is connected, and examine the unit. Any obstructions are to be removed. Should the above not resolve the problem, assessment is recommended. Please feel free to visit us at external link  to locate your closest dealer. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Barry C.
Barry C.

I need to replace my old Dolphin pool cleaner and are weighing up between the Dolphin X30 and the Zodiac CX35. The Zodiac comes complete with a caddy which is a plus. Any suggestions on which one is the best?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Barry. The Dolphin X30 is a lightweight, robust, single drive robot that will clean a pool's floor, walls and waterline. It is suitable for pools up to approximately 12 metres in length and has an 18 metre cable and comes with both filter options. The Dolphin X30 also has the PowerStream mobility system of which, assists in the robot’s climbing ability, waterline scrubbing and maneuverability. As Zodiac models are manufactured and distributed by another company, we are unable to provide information on its functionality. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Andrea
Andrea

How do I submit my satisfaction with the x30

Maytronics   DM

Hi Andrea. A review is able to be submitted whereby you are able to leave your comments regarding the performance of your Dolphin X30. This able to be completed at https://www.productreview.com.au/write-review

Mel J J

Hello there, I've narrowed my next 'robotic pool clean' purchase to either the Dolphin S200/X30 OR the Hayward Tigershark (decision pending..) Need to know now what essentially is the difference between the S200 and X30 ??
You keep mentioning its more or less the same, but there must be some distinction (besides yellow or blue colors, otherwise why bother?
And also, what country is it made in/assembled ?
Thanks very much, Mel

Maytronics   DM

Hi Mel. It was great to speak with you earlier today regarding the the differences between the Dolphin S200 and the Dolphin X30. Please feel free to contact us directly on 1300 693 657 option 2 if you have any further questions.

Kim

I would also like to know the answer to this question ?? Why is it so hard to find out the difference ???

Hi Kim, so this is what I learnt from Maytronics over the phone;
* S200 has anti-tangle swivel... X30 does not
* S200 provides FULL warranty... X30 provides 'limited' warranty
* S200 has weekly timer... X30 does not
* Maytronics are assembled in Israel
Hope that helps :)

(FYI fixed my old hayward tigershark myself by ordering the part i needed, so didn't end up buying)

I bought the x30 and had an anti tangle swivel
Fitted

VicL
VicL

Hi trying to decide which pool cleaner to get for a 4m x 9m pool - I’ve heard great things about dolphin x30 and dolphin m400. Can anyone help me choose please?

Hi VicL
I have and 11m x 4.5m pool 60,000L with loads of steps. I am really happy with the X30. The basket set up with fine mesh and ultra fine mesh cartridges included works a treat. I always run it with the ultra fine filters and they work a treat. The basket and cartridge is far easier to replace than the sock type ones.
Cheers

Maytronics   DM

Hi VicL. The Dolphin X30 is a lightweight, robust, single drive robot. It is a wall climbing robot and has a filter basket. It comes with both filter kits, spring net and ultra-fine, of which are able to be interchanged within the filter basket as required. The Dolphin M400 is a larger, heavier, dual drive robot. It also is a wall climbing robot. This model has two filter canisters and also comes with both filter kits. A demonstration is able to be arranged to see how a robot could potentially function in your pool. You can submitting your details at external link  and your closest dealer will be in contact to further discuss. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com or 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Phil harris

I have a X30 and am very pleased with it. My issue is that after cleaning the next day there is fine dirt at the bottom of the pool. I have not fitted the fine filter but want to ask if the fine filter is fitted in addition to or used instead of the clear mesh filter. If in addition to the existing mesh filter where does the fine filter go. Its not that obvious.

Hi Phil

The ultra fine filter is used instead of the mesh ones. You pop the mesh panels out and replace with the ultra fine ones. You push them in towards the inside using the round black spots on the top of each panel then slide them up and out. Each panel is numbered and each side of the container also has number that you match to the panel. The two bigger panels you pop out first then the smaller side ones. When you put back in, do in reverse way, do smaller side panels first then the two bigger ones.

Cheers
Bo

Phil harris

Thanks Bo. Seemed like the thing to do so was just checking. Could the fine particles on the bottom the next day be because they were escaping the mesh filters and is it ok to hose out the fine filters with reasonable hose pressure?
How often should the fine filters be used?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Phil. The ultra-fine filters have a smaller micron size than the spring-net filters and are recommended for finer debris. The spring-net filters may capture some finer debris but may be unable to capture it all due to their larger micron size. Hosing the filters is not an issue. The frequency of use between the filter types is dependent on the needs of the pool.

Phil harris

Thankyou Bo, you offer a great service

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives