Mazda 2 DJ Neo Manual

Mazda 2 DJ Neo Manual (2014-2021)

Also referred to as: Mazda 2 DJ Neo Manual 2020 and Mazda 2 DJ Neo Manual 2022.

• Braking
  • Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

Great little car

Bought new ex-demo. Commute to work great on fuel although a little noisy and the speedo is over on the actual speed compared to the cruise control. Love the reverse sensors they’re a life saver! Comfy and zippy to drive and looks good. I have the dynamic blue colour and always getting compliments. Bluetooth is annoyingly slow and sometimes crap. Sometimes ding sounds from the passenger floor but apparently nothing wrong with it. Overall no major issues but only had it 2 months so far.

Purchased in November 2019 at Mazda Dealers.

kgee
kgee

zippy and fun to drive

great little car
I have the manual version and this car is zippy. reliable and fun to drive
economical with petrol.
love the cruise control feature.
was worried about spare tyre being 'short term use only', fortunately have not had tyre trouble so this has not been a problem.
would recommend and buy again!

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Other Hatchbacks

shanewm257
shanewm257Redcliffe, Queensland

A good car!

I’ve owned my Mazda 2 Neo for nearly 2 years now. It’s a good to drive car with enough power and good economy. Handles really well too which makes it a fun car to drive.

Few quality issues fixed under warranty such as a faulty BCM, rear suspension and rear seatbelts.

If you regularly stream music from your phone I’d recommend getting one with MZD screen as the Neo’s basic radio isn’t much use. Works fine but just cant select music or podcasts via the radio. Although that’s something I should have checked before buying it.

All in all a good car and one worth looking at.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Chelsea B
Chelsea BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Latency in response

Very comfortable on the inside and looks good. Low fuel consumption. Very good for learners and slow drivers. But I definitely would not recommend this car for those to rely on quick response of the car in various circumstances. It has a huge latency and may put lives in danger. I had to change my driving style after purchasing it. It is completely opposite to my previous car - Mazda 2 (!) fabricated in 2008.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Kylie
KylieCentral Queensland, QLD

Amazing fuel usage, great handling

Efficient on fuel is an understatement, we used to fill up once per fortnight now we fill up once in 2 and a half months, it's amazing.

As a second car its perfect for running about and picking up kids. The driving is zippy and smooth and has good pickup.

The interior is tidy and of good quality, the backseat is of reasonable size for a small car and the boot is pretty spacious. The mod cons aren't all there for the standard car but its okay

Overall the Mazda 2 is an awesome second car for a family or first car for a new driver.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Dee
DeeBendigo

Zoom Zoom

My Mazda 2 is the best car I have ever owned. It was my first 'Brand New' Car and it didn't let me down. So compact and easy to park. Sound system is fantastic. The standard tyres are remarkable and lasted so long. Comfortable for long trips. plenty of legroom in the back. Easy press button hatch opening. Great first car for young one or little zippy runaround for busy nana!

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Vic
VicMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awesome little car

We replaced our Mazda 323 in 20014, and it was absolutely a surprise to find a small hatch with plenty of leg room, good sized boot, and all the nifty features I never had in my previous Mazda.The fuel economy is great, even with Adelaide's high fuel costs.I love the fact that it zips into small spaces in the shopping centre, sometimes I don't realise its still running if I have the radio on and waiting at the lights, "so quiet " I would recommend this fantastic little car to anyone especially older persons looking for an affordable little car.

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Other Hatchbacks

Greggles
GregglesSunshine coast

Check engine light issues!!

Date PurchasedApr 2015