Mazda 2 DL

Mazda 2 DL (2015-2021)

Also referred to as: Mazda 2 DL 2020 and Mazda 2 DL 2022. GT, Maxx, Neo
See the Best Sedans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mazda? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.1
  • Features
gr3y
gr3yVictoria

good but side mirrors have terrible BLIND SPOT

terrible blindspot on both side mirrors. maybe im just use to my ford fiesta, but with this car, i have to do a full head to body check. also had an odour coming from airconditioning. mazda applied some lemonade freshner during service, but odour came back.
otherwise, gps dashboard is good, controls good. steering wheel is very light. doors shut quietly.
more fuel efficient than my ford fiesta, brakes a bit more sensitive though.

Purchased in June 2016.

James Breen
James BreenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great car and could be even better for peanuts

We bought this Mazda 2 Neo model 2nd hand with 38000 on the clock, My mechanic said these cars are trouble free and l agree. A delight to drive,great seats and a stylish overall feel when driving. My only annoyances are are few dash rattles,crackles ( vibrating cable noises?) when driving on certain textured roads or bumps. The other annoyance is the lack of reverse camera in a 2016 built vehicle (bewildering when rear vision is so restrictive) l suppose it's my fault for not buying a more expensive model to get such a basic feature. The 12 mth service intervals are a big plus and the Mazda Brighton service dept are outstanding to deal with. This is my 2nd Mazda in 7 years and won't be my last.

Purchased in April 2019.

Other Sedans

James C.
James C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

a good car

A very good reliable car but it is not fuel efficient and can be expensive to service if you service it through the dealer. However, I am still very happy with the car.

Purchased in February 2015.

BoughtNew
Year2015
Sedans

Find out how Mazda 2 DL compares to other Sedans

G. Hix
G. HixHunter Region, NSW

A good fit for a family car

As our first family car this is a pleasant purchase, the dealership was also very friendly. Lately everything I am buying has turned out great. My new iPhone, furniture from desired living and now this fantastic car which drives like a dream

Purchased in March 2019.

Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
KayB33
KayB33Australia

Great little car with all the modcons

This is my second Mazda 2 purchase. I recently upgraded from 2009 Mazda 2 Neo to Maxx.

Initially, I was a little concerned with some of the reviews online that Mazda 2 were now made in Thailand instead of Japan with lots of complaints about poor quality / duds.

Overall, I have had the car for 12 months and I’m loving it. Cruise control and MZD connect are my favourite new features. They have improved to the colours too - glad they got rid of the bright green.

BodyHatch