Mazda 2

89 questions from our users

Steve B.
Steve B.asked
2 DY (2002-2007)

I have 2006 Mazda, have had it for years and been running smoothly but yesterday I felt like the car had a hiccup then the AT and engine lights on the dashboard came on. After a minute the AT light was gone but the engine light stayed the whole day. Can anyone please tell me what the issue is? Thank you.

fariha j.
fariha j.

I own a mazda2 (2005 genkii), a thoroughly enjoyable, reliable, feul efficient car, but.... had thecsame issue when i first bought it second hand 3 years ago. The engine checklight would turn on intermittently. My very very reliable mechanic (blunder road, durack, brisbane) lifted it up and gave it a thorough once over. He told me the problem wasn't in the engine at all but in the circuitory of the checklight itself. Once he replaced the said offending circuit.... Voila! No more problems. Cost me $270.

Pam
Pamasked

Has anyone else had problems with their Mazda2 Neo 2016 a/c as mine has stopped working they told me it was the a/c clutch and would cost $2,500 to fix it? Have had the car since new.

Kylie
Kylieasked
2 DY (2002-2007)

Hi I have a blown head gasket and have a mate fixing it for me but hes made the mistake of not marking where the timing chain needs to be and now hes upto putting it all back together but doesn't know where it needs to line up? Can anyone help plz ??

Trevor D.
Trevor D.asked
2 DJ (2014-2021)

Has any1 have a problem of Mazda 2 sky active does not want to shut down and keeps clicking under the bonett

Diana L
Diana Lasked

Does a 2013 Mazda 2 have a timing chain or belt

Joe
Joe

Chain

Andrew Alder
Andrew Alderasked

How many mL is the difference between the upper and lower dipstick holes on the engine dipstick?

lesley
lesleyasked

What is DE stand for

Donna C.
Donna C.asked
2 DE (2007-2014)

how many kilometres can I get out of half tank fuel

Donna C.
Donna C.asked
2 DE (2007-2014)

how many kilometres can I get from half tank fuel

Tom's c.asked
2 DJ (2014-2021)

I have a 2018 Mazda 2 Maxx dj. Bought new from dealer. Have some intermittent problems.
Sluggish on take off (lag) intermittent problem.
The other is the auto gears rev up and won't change untill ease off the accelerator or switch to manual then back to auto. The dealer service can't find anything wrong.
Has anyone else had similar issues?

Tammy S.
Tammy S.

Yes, I have also had this issue since about 120000km . But mine is now at 160000km only other issue I had was the aircon bearing wearing out at 150000. I’ve had it serviced every 10000km. My car is a 2007 model

Tom's c.

Tammy.s did you get a fix for the issues I mentioned?

M.c Gqabe
M.c Gqabeasked

At how many km do you change cambelt in mazda2 model 2009?

M.c Gqabe
M.c Gqabeasked

At how many km do you change cambelt in mazda2 model 2009?

paul a.
paul a.asked
2 DJ (2014-2021)

My friend says her mazda 2 makes a noise when she stops and puts it in park,....Any ideas?

Clark Y
Clark Y

I have the same issue with the back brake especially first thing in the morning or when it is parked for many hours. Have sent my 2016 Mazda 2 Sedan to dealer service center and was told that it was a common issue for Mazda 2 since the back brake is drum brake. They cleaned out the brake dust then it would stopped for a while but eventually the squeaking sound returned. I still have no solution for this issue. Very frustrating.

Tomc
Tomcasked

Mazda 2 is 7 years old but when I hit bumps it rattles ?
if have foot on break there is almost a grinding sound.
Checks out OK with garage . 56,000km so not driven much but I seem
to remember my Mazda 121 rattled over bumps ?
Is this normal/common ?

Donald C.
Donald C.asked

What oil should be used for the engine in a 2016 Mazda 2 maxx

John
Johnasked
2 DY (2002-2007)

Hi guys 2 questions i have 2006 mazda 2 and i have knocking sensor issue and what viscosity oil is the correct for Melbourne weather conditions cheers

Angeza
Angezaasked

Hi, i want to buy mazda2 2016, dobe 24km for 15000$ it is sport modal but i am not sure how reailable it is and how long will it last for me also is it too much money for mazda2 ?please quide me thanks

kuthay b.
kuthay b.asked

Does mazda 2 2004 has a timing chain or belt?

Pamela
Pamelaasked
2 DJ (2014-2021)

Does leaving it in drive fletten the battery.

Linda
Linda

I’m not an authority just a disappointed buyer.

Gail Grady