Mazda 2

Mazda 2 Questions & Answers (page 2 of 5)

DE, DY, DJ, DL
Brand Manager for Mazda? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

89 questions from our users

Lia E.
Lia E.asked

Hi,

I have a 2008 Mazda 2 Max it sound so loud when I accelerate and the noise is coming from the right hand side of the wheel, has anyone had a similar issues the car literally sounds like a loud truck

Paul L.
Paul L.asked
2 DY (2002-2007)

Hi does anyone have try to swap the engine from mazda 2a year 2002 model .to mazda 2b engine.is there any diffrence on the engine or the same

Kerri
Kerriasked

Looking at a 2008 Mazda 2 neo de series 1 auto for $4999 (used from a dealer). Has 225,722km on it. Will come with a RWC but just wondering what else to look for/ask the dealer?
Will be used for short work commute and general every day driving. Maybe one or two interstate trips a year (VIC to SA).

Stevo
Stevoasked
2 DJ (2014-2021)

2015 Mazda 2. Should the front left wheel be 10mm further back than the front right. Is this normal?

Brooke M.

a timing belt

Richard Austin
Richard Austinasked
2 DY (2002-2007)

Will a 2007 engine fit a 2005 mazda 2 hatchback?

HelenBasked

I have 2008 Mazda2 Genke auto. It has started to shudder intermittently when stopped at the lights, when in drive and foot on the brake. I took it in to a mechanic but it didn’t do it for him because it’s intermittent. What could be wrong with it?

John Neetng
John Neetng

check the throttle position switch. If it's dodgy, that can cause this problem and watch out for sudden down shifts at speed [ frightening ]. many recyclers have mazda parts cheap and K-mart auto is the best mob to fix and fit.

HelenB

Thank you. I’ll check it out

Tyler B
Tyler Basked

I have a 2003 Mazda 2 and the other day the handle at the back of the back seat which would lift the seat up after sliding them forward broke off. Is there anyway to fix this, do I have to go to a mechanic or is there a way to diy it

Chris G.
Chris G.asked
DJ Genki Automatic (2014-2021)

Why can't I convert the Mazda Touch screen to Apple Carplay?

Clark Y
Clark Y

Yes, you can. I think it will cost you about $500. I can't remember how much exactly paid to get mine upgraded with Apple CarPlay

GloriaKasked
2 DJ (2014-2021)

I have a 2015 genki dj series with 75000 klms on it. With regards to the fuel filter do these ever have to be replaced. Where is it, How often should it be replaced and can a home mechanic do it.

James C.
James C.

I am no mechanic so I did a google search. It tells you that it needs to be changed every 30000 klm, so if your car is suffering from symptoms of a bad filter such as it smells, lack of power and engine stall, then I suppose you need to change it.
Everything is on youtube, if that is something you want to do. Just do a search. I personally would not waste my time. You probably saving $100 (or $200 at the most). Just call up your local mechanic for a quote if you need to change it.
Sounds like you do everything yourself (such as change oil & service) which is great but I always go back to my dealer to service my car as I need it to be in a very good condition as I use my car everyday. Remember to change your drive belt (about 90klm) and your battery (probably end of the year) if you have not done so. I hope this helps.

Thanks james for advice

GloriaK

Ps could not find anything om youtube could you send the link.

kiplingrob
kiplingrobasked

Has anyone had a problem with the streering knocking. Ours has only done 43000 Kms and has been in twice for this problem. We are told the grease dries out because of the humidity !!!!. Have decided we will probably get rid of the it, but won't be buying another Mazda

Jeffro
Jeffro

We have no issues with ours.

Seppi
Seppiasked
2 DJ (2014-2021)

We have a intermittent problem with our 2014 Mazda 2.
When it is put into auto it shudders because the revs drop right down, this is really annoying when stopping at the lights. The car idles perfectly when out of gear. Has been into 2 dealers with no answers.
Anyone had a similar problem.
Joey

Coaty G.
Coaty G.

Hi. I have the exact same problem with my 2014 DJ Mazda 2 with the SkyActiv engine.
When in D and foot on brake it idles rough to about 500rpm. If I leave it in D and put handbrake on its revs higher and smoothes out. Same if I leave the brakes on and place it in N.
Was there any info or advice from the Mazda dealers you went too? My mechanic had a look at it and looked for air leaks but couldn’t find anything. This seems like a problem with these cars as I have searched the internet and found a few people have complained - trying to find a solution.

Jan A.
Jan A.asked

Is there a problem with the steering failing 2008 model mazda 2?

Arayna
Araynaasked

I just woundering if anybody knows if the mazda 2 2003 2.5l is a belt or a chain?

Angelo
Angeloasked

Looking at a 2008 mazda 2 it has 156000 miles on it what sort of problems might I be buying

Justin K

For peace of mind,if you really like the car,get an inspection done by the NRMA or your own mechanic.That is the only way to be sure .And check service records.They are generally very good mechanically.

vignes k.
vignes k.asked

someone know how to open video player in mazda 2 ? I bought new mazda 2 in 2018.

Tracee I.
Tracee I.asked

When do I need to replace my timing belt on my 2015 mazda 2

Justin K

It has a chain,not timing belt,no need to replace it,unless the chain is stretched or broken,which is very unlikely.

Jeremy W
Jeremy Wasked
2 DY (2002-2007)

What's a good doinoises scanner for Mazda 2 Neo release 2006 in Australia?

Dimple T.
Dimple T.asked
2 DY (2002-2007)

Hi, i am planning to buy mazda demio 2005. Is this cambelt or camchain? Is it a good car? Thanks

Justin K

Chain...i checked on this my self as i want to buy one.

Kalarni
Kalarniasked

I have a 2008 Mazda 2 neo which I brought second hand with all service history and had it checked out before buying. But a few days after buying it the engine light came on, so I checked the manual book and googled some possible reasons, the main two were the fuel cap and fuel. So I took the fuel cap off and it went off, then it came on again so I did it again but it didn’t go off. So I then filled my car up and it went off, then came back on under half a tank. So filled it up again and it still on! It keeps going on and off now randomly. Is this something I should worry about and take it to go get checked??

Another question do they having timing belts or chains for the 08 Mazda 2 neo

Justin K

Have timing chain for sure. maybe you should buy a new petrol cap as the old one could be faulty. Could also be MAF sensor or something similar.Get the codes read. It will find the problem with the engine light. Also sometimes a good long drive and reving the engine up to about 5000 rpm while driving. also fill up with 98 octane a couple of times ,may help.(If you want to fix the problem with out going to a mechanic ) But if it still comes on,then you may have to ,but if car runs good,it is probably only a minor problem.

Pedrosa
Pedrosa

The fuel cap is part of the evap system including the purge valve and carbon canister. It stops fuel vapors being released into the atmosphere as part of the emission control.

Mazda 2