Mazda 2

Mazda 2 Questions & Answers (page 5 of 5)

DE, DY, DJ, DL
Brand Manager for Mazda? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

89 questions from our users

christine
christineasked

I would like to know when you buy a new car how many km should the car have on it the day of the pick up because my had over 12 km on it and the day I had to pick it up nothing I ask for was not done so I had to wait about 6 hours to have to have the job done and nothing was done right Mazda 2 top range car?

Frank

My one was 5 km I think ..mazda2 are not top range car ,use too mch fuel .. I having one same 2013 .

christine
christineasked

I Brought a new top reach Mazda 2 just 18 months old I have notice in the last 2 days when I get in to drive when I turn left out of the Car park and then turn right a bit I been feeling this tap feeling around the steering wheel I don't know what it is can anyone help me and I'm ready go back to the guy bought off and service in blacktown is bad and I'm been waiting 6 months for something to be done that they cause and have not fix it .

Frank

Look if just happend once ,then it s fine ,, but always like that ,it s no fine ..

naana
naanaasked

Is there a light to indicate during night driving in the gear shift areas.. the small D,R,P,N .. so its easy to change shifts while night time?

Why I can sway ,so so ,this car no good ,fuel use too much ,can not go far

Pandy
Pandy

Yep there is, although personally I've gotten used to changing gears without needing to check either. Ignore Frank, he doesn't elaborate much

Carnut
Carnutasked

Hold light comes on when driving?

Frank

No...you have to push that button

James Robertson
James Robertson

The hold button is on the auto shifter. It blocks the first and fourth gears for going up hill of stop start traffic it is easy to turn it on unknowingly that is how I found it

Frankasked

Hello ,I have a Question, Hope everyone can help me sort it out ..thank you ..
My question is ,I just brought a 2013 new Mazda2 , when I brought this car ,the dealer give me full tank patrol . And I drove bit more than 200kms in the City , and my Patrol tank is nearly empty .......I do not understand ,, 200kms is not far ,if in Sydney ,even can not go to Newcastale return with this full tank ....
So Does anyone know this situation is normal ? For a New car ? Maybe drive in the City ,have to use lot of Patrol ? Stop ,start,stop,start.......is that so? ....if anyone know Why like that ,please let me know ...thank you .....

Don
Don

No. 400+, occasionally 500 on the freeway at 100.

Frank

Hi Frank, just visited the Mazda website and found out the Combined average is 6.8Litres for 100 Km that is 100/6.8 = 14.70 km per liter. Now 14.70 X 42 Liters (full tank) = 617 Km. This is the combined average. So you must get an average of 600 Km to your full tank. At the worst case scenario of 8.9L/100 Km you should still get 470 Km per tank that is if you are driving so called Urban or City drive for full time. Hope you can run a few more test and then take remedial measures.

Frank

Hey how r u? i do not quite get it . you mean , in the city use more Fuel ??????

alexaaaasked

My 2008 Mazda 2 Neo in the past few days has started running rough, at the lights and when sitting in traffic it has started to jump and shake violently. I took it straight to the mechanic, who advised me to put it into neutral when the car did this. This annoyed me as instead of the finding the issue, he just told me how to stop it. I also requested he put some fuel cleaner through as I had just refuelled somewhere I normally don’t and thought it could be a bout of bad fuel. He said no it was probably a gear box issue. I asked him to check the fuel filters for blockages based on some advice given to me. He refused and told me it was probably the gearbox. He did drive the car and said the issue was definitely present, however failed to even lift the bonnet and have a look?

jassin
jassin

the only advice i can give on this is DONT ever go back to that mechanic. Take it to Mazda

Sarah
Sarah

Agree with Jassin, I would be taking it to an independent Mazda dealership to a proper mechanic, yes they more than likely will charge you more but if you plan on keeping the car for a while and re-selling later down the road it is probably the best option

Frank

Guys,, I just brought a new Mazda2. 2013 ! I got full tank Patrol from Dealer ,but I only drive 200kms more in the City and the tank is almost empty .....do u think is Normal for a new car ? Thank you .....or maybe something wrong with my driving? Thank you

John Foremanasked

My Gear change consol bulb needs changing, how do I get to it?

alexaaa

I have the same issue, mine does not light up which is really difficult at night. I havent been able to find any information on this. Hopefully someone on here has the right information!!

John Foreman

Hi Alexass, Just found out this week, the consul top easily snaps off (and on again) just pull it carefully and you will probably find that although the bulb holder is there the wiring isn't. Apparently often the case with imported second hand or the garage has removed the wiring for some idiotic reason..

alexaaa

Oh really? Thanks John. My car was bought brand new by my grand father, so I'm thinking either its a bulb or Mazda have taken the wiring out at servicing! I'm sure they wouldn't surely, well one would hope anyway. Hope yours is working fine now, I shall have a look at mine tomorrow!

Robert Muir
Robert Muirasked
2 DY (2002-2007)

Does it have a timing belt or timing chain?

Martin Buck
Martin Buck

Timing chain. That was a plus point. I may have gone overboard in my dislike of the ride quality, but it is a short wheelbase high car, so some hobby-horse rocking and rolling could be predicted. But this didn't come out in my test drive, which was mainly on open roads. The urban ride is unsettled, and unsettling. I can never relax and just enjoy driving. And I suppose the electrical faults are likely to occur with any car. Just bad luck it happened to me. It is a tough, nuggety little beast. But the upholstery is needlessly firm, and doesn't soak up what the suspension can't cope with. It does ride better with two or more people aboard, but then performance suffers. I think I just need to go back to a larger car, even if my wallet can't handle the fuel prices. I used to enjoy a relaxed drive around local seaside sights and sounds, in my lovely Peugeots. No longer.

nick92
nick92asked
2 DY (2002-2007)

which year and when was the recall for the clutch?

Didie

Mine is a 2007 model and had no problems at all. Love it.

Didie

Hi Nick-Mine is a 2007 and have had no problems with it. LOVE IT.

Mazda 2