Mazda 2

• Comfort
  • Features

James Breen
James BreenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great car and could be even better for peanuts

We bought this Mazda 2 Neo model 2nd hand with 38000 on the clock, My mechanic said these cars are trouble free and l agree. A delight to drive,great seats and a stylish overall feel when driving. My only annoyances are are few dash rattles,crackles ( vibrating cable noises?) when driving on certain textured roads or bumps. The other annoyance is the lack of reverse camera in a 2016 built vehicle (bewildering when rear vision is so restrictive) l suppose it's my fault for not buying a more expensive model to get such a basic feature. The 12 mth service intervals are a big plus and the Mazda Brighton service dept are outstanding to deal with. This is my 2nd Mazda in 7 years and won't be my last.

Purchased in April 2019.

James C.
James C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

a good car

A very good reliable car but it is not fuel efficient and can be expensive to service if you service it through the dealer. However, I am still very happy with the car.

Purchased in February 2015.

BoughtNew
Year2015
G. Hix
G. HixHunter Region, NSW

A good fit for a family car

As our first family car this is a pleasant purchase, the dealership was also very friendly. Lately everything I am buying has turned out great. My new iPhone, furniture from desired living and now this fantastic car which drives like a dream

Purchased in March 2019.

Lyna
LynaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love my baby Mazda 2

Bought this baby brand new in 2010 at Mazda Dealer Edwardstown and I still love it. It's an economical little hatch that takes me to A to Z everyday, and has plenty of room to store groceries. I can fold down the chairs to give it more room when needed. Needless to say it's been reliable I haven't had any issues with it breaking down on the road.

Purchased in June 2010.

Jeffro
Jeffro

Good economical small car

We drive our little Mazda 2 everyday and have found it to be very easy to drive and fuel efficient.We have only owned this car for 4 months but it has been very reliable and fun to drive.It also has no problem carrying 4-5 people

Purchased in January 2019 at Melbourne's Cheapest Cars for $8.00.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
AJB
AJBIllawarra, NSW

Mazda 2 Neo - I love my new Zoom Zoom!

After 6 months of using public transport my Husband finally bought me a car. Having owned a Mazda 2 previously I was keen to purchase another and was not disappointed. With added extra's now on the basic Neo model (rear parking sensors, wing mirror retract button and bluetooth) I was very impressed. Also managed to get floor mats thrown in at no extra cost. I bought the manual as it was cheaper.
I use daily for a 20 minute drive to/from work and running errands at weekends. No issues so far, I am very happy with my new car.

Purchased in March 2019 at Mazda Dealers for $15,888.00.

Snooky
Snooky

MAZDA 2 RULES!

Purchased in September 2015.

Bec
BecGold coast

Great little car!

Buying this car was definitely a great decision. I bought it brand new and have not had a single problem with it for 4 years now.
Great fuel economy. Surprisingly spacious in the back seats. Huge amount of space when you put the back seats down too! I’ve managed to squeeze surfboards, golf clubs and bags in there no problem. A handy little car for all occasions.

BadgeNeo
Date PurchasedOct 2014

Review collected in partnership with Mazda

Michelle
MichelleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I love my Mazda 2!

I have had my Mazda 2 for 5 years and I love it.
I bought it brand new and have never had any issues with it.
It is the right size and would definitely recommend it to anyone, as it is reliable and has enough space.
I also find that the dealerships around Adelaide are good to deal with.

BadgeNeo
Date PurchasedMar 2014

CatAdelaide

Attractive little car that does a good job

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Matt
MattWoolloomooloo Sydney

Great little car

Great little car that I have found to be without fault in the 5 months I’ve had it. It is very economical and has all the power you need for a city car. Very easy car to handle with all the driver assistance. Love the Sat Nav which has saved me on numerous occasions.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Sarah M
Sarah M

Excellent small car

Date PurchasedMar 2017
KayB33
KayB33Australia

Great little car with all the modcons

This is my second Mazda 2 purchase. I recently upgraded from 2009 Mazda 2 Neo to Maxx.

Initially, I was a little concerned with some of the reviews online that Mazda 2 were now made in Thailand instead of Japan with lots of complaints about poor quality / duds.

Overall, I have had the car for 12 months and I’m loving it. Cruise control and MZD connect are my favourite new features. They have improved to the colours too - glad they got rid of the bright green.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Taylor
TaylorSydney

Love love love my car

I use my car to commute to work in sydney. Bought the higher model new so the interior is lovely. Very easy to drive and just a wonderful car. Adding front sensors was really handy. Manual model (my preference) very easy to change gears and great for city driving. Overall very happy with Mazda. Odd issue with the NAV that seems to go funny close to service time!

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
T T
T TMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Perfect zippy little car.

This is my first car (bought second hand) and I absolutely love it. It can store a surprising amount of things, and has a large boot space for a small hatchback. I have never had any issues with this vehicle, it is very reliable and has been on a number of large road trips. It costs about $50 to fill up and goes a long way with it. Despite being two doors, there is still ample leg space for backseat passengers.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Steve B.
Steve B.asked
2 DY (2002-2007)

I have 2006 Mazda, have had it for years and been running smoothly but yesterday I felt like the car had a hiccup then the AT and engine lights on the dashboard came on. After a minute the AT light was gone but the engine light stayed the whole day. Can anyone please tell me what the issue is? Thank you.

fariha j.
fariha j.

I own a mazda2 (2005 genkii), a thoroughly enjoyable, reliable, feul efficient car, but.... had thecsame issue when i first bought it second hand 3 years ago. The engine checklight would turn on intermittently. My very very reliable mechanic (blunder road, durack, brisbane) lifted it up and gave it a thorough once over. He told me the problem wasn't in the engine at all but in the circuitory of the checklight itself. Once he replaced the said offending circuit.... Voila! No more problems. Cost me $270.

Pam
Pamasked

Has anyone else had problems with their Mazda2 Neo 2016 a/c as mine has stopped working they told me it was the a/c clutch and would cost $2,500 to fix it? Have had the car since new.

Kylie
Kylieasked
2 DY (2002-2007)

Hi I have a blown head gasket and have a mate fixing it for me but hes made the mistake of not marking where the timing chain needs to be and now hes upto putting it all back together but doesn't know where it needs to line up? Can anyone help plz ??

Mazda 2

Compare all 16 Mazda 2
CategoryCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and Hatchbacks
Starting Price $21,140$23,140$24,150$22,150
Engine4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L
Max Power81kW @ 6000rpm81kW @ 6000rpm81kW @ 6000rpm81kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque141Nm @ 4000rpm141Nm @ 4000rpm141Nm @ 4000rpm141Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureThailandThailandThailandThailand
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014