Mazda 2 (page 3 of 12)

• Features

Glenn
GlennVIC, 3072

Nice little niffy car

Got this as a second car for my wife to learn driving. The drive and handling is pretty good, and the car corners well. Easy to park in city and tight spaces and is pretty niffy car overall. However, petrol consumption is rather high at around 9 - 10L /100km, perhaps due to age coming to 10 years old.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Lee
LeePALMERSTON

Mazda 2

I just received my Mazda 2 Genki Auto on Friday. I love the dashboard and the safety features. The interior looks and feel posh. It also has the visor. My kids love the gadgets. The safety features are fantastic for the price. The fuel consumption is great and the car drives like a dream. Feels very comfortable and handles well. Great value.

BadgeGenki
Date PurchasedJune 2018
C.B
C.B

Problematic but still reliable

Cheap to run
Bought brand new from mazda dealer
Was absolutely ripped off in terms of price
Fuel gage constantly taking incorrect readings
Bluetooth system is a piece of rubbish... potential to cause an accident more than using the device itself
Seat belt needed to be replaced as it wouldn’t retract

Date PurchasedMar 2015

our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Niles
NilesSydney

Great car

Very happy with this car, got a sedan maxx and for that price it has a lot of amazing features making Sydney driving a lot easier. It handles really well and is strong to accelerate. The only issue I have is my brakes have worn really fast and squeak. Even though I drive a lot I don't find it acceptable.

BodySedan
Date PurchasedFeb 2017
J.k
J.kSydney, NSW

Great car

Great car , so easy to park and doesnt feel cheap to drive in.
Very spacious inside , i was about to move alot of items while moving houses by putting the back sit down.
Around $50 for a fuel tank
Not a fan of the gps due to the images of the map.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Cassie M
Cassie MAU

First car, never had an issue! Dont want to upgrade.

I purchased this car when i just got my licence and 7 year later I still dont want to upgrade. I regularly service it and never have issues with it. Fuel economy is great. Only issue im having recently is the clear coat is coming off my paintwork but i guess that is a sign of age for a 14 year old car.

Date PurchasedApr 2011
kgee
kgee

zippy and fun to drive

great little car
I have the manual version and this car is zippy. reliable and fun to drive
economical with petrol.
love the cruise control feature.
was worried about spare tyre being 'short term use only', fortunately have not had tyre trouble so this has not been a problem.
would recommend and buy again!

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Jlang
JlangRockingham

love this car

This is a great little car. It drives really well. It is a manual and the gear change is great and smooth. The small issue is only from 1st to 2nd gear where it is a bit tougher. It is small so it is easy to park. The fuel consumption is good as we can fill a tank on $40.00 (dependant on fuel price on the day) I would recommend this car. It is the second mazda we have bought. (Bought a mazda 3 also). It is safe and reliable.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Jess B
Jess B

The perfect first car or city living car!

This was my first ever car and it was honestly a dream - its so easy to drive and I always feel safe and secure. It’s smooth and incredibly cheap on fuel which is wonderful for a uni student! The interior is beautiful and super easy to keep tidy! I would definitely recommend.

BadgeNeo Sport
Date PurchasedOct 2016
Richy
RichySydney

Great Little Car

Got one of these Mazda 2s for a fantastic price. In this price range there certainly isn't much competition. It is easy to drive. With the rear view camera it is also easy to park. Fuel consumption is great. My weekly fill ups have been reduced by more than $30 for the same number of kilometres traveled.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Thanhthanh
ThanhthanhMelb

Perfect little car

I got the mazda 2 genki version 2 years ago in dark grey. The physical appearance of this generation is what sold me when compared to the last generation. Interior is very sleek and modern, low fuel consumption and surprisingly big enough to fit a small family. The push to start button and bluetooth are a must!

BadgeGenki
Date PurchasedMay 2016
Melissa C
Melissa CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great first car.

Great fuel efficient car. Makes a great first car but doesn't have a lot of safety features maybe due to the range I got. Its compact so it makes it easy to park and get through narrow spaces. We took this car around New Zealand and it saved us to much money on petrol. Leg room is a bit right at the back but what can you expect from a hatch back right? Running cost is quite reasonable, average service cost at Mazda ranges from 200-500 dollars every 6 months/10,000 km

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Steve B.
Steve B.asked
2 DY (2002-2007)

I have 2006 Mazda, have had it for years and been running smoothly but yesterday I felt like the car had a hiccup then the AT and engine lights on the dashboard came on. After a minute the AT light was gone but the engine light stayed the whole day. Can anyone please tell me what the issue is? Thank you.

fariha j.
fariha j.

I own a mazda2 (2005 genkii), a thoroughly enjoyable, reliable, feul efficient car, but.... had thecsame issue when i first bought it second hand 3 years ago. The engine checklight would turn on intermittently. My very very reliable mechanic (blunder road, durack, brisbane) lifted it up and gave it a thorough once over. He told me the problem wasn't in the engine at all but in the circuitory of the checklight itself. Once he replaced the said offending circuit.... Voila! No more problems. Cost me $270.

Pam
Pamasked

Has anyone else had problems with their Mazda2 Neo 2016 a/c as mine has stopped working they told me it was the a/c clutch and would cost $2,500 to fix it? Have had the car since new.

Kylie
Kylieasked
2 DY (2002-2007)

Hi I have a blown head gasket and have a mate fixing it for me but hes made the mistake of not marking where the timing chain needs to be and now hes upto putting it all back together but doesn't know where it needs to line up? Can anyone help plz ??

Compare all 16 Mazda 2
CategoryCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and Hatchbacks
Starting Price $21,140$23,140$24,150$22,150
Engine4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L
Max Power81kW @ 6000rpm81kW @ 6000rpm81kW @ 6000rpm81kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque141Nm @ 4000rpm141Nm @ 4000rpm141Nm @ 4000rpm141Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureThailandThailandThailandThailand
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014