Mazda 2

Date PurchasedJan 2017
shanewm257
shanewm257Redcliffe, Queensland

A good car!

I’ve owned my Mazda 2 Neo for nearly 2 years now. It’s a good to drive car with enough power and good economy. Handles really well too which makes it a fun car to drive.

Few quality issues fixed under warranty such as a faulty BCM, rear suspension and rear seatbelts.

If you regularly stream music from your phone I’d recommend getting one with MZD screen as the Neo’s basic radio isn’t much use. Works fine but just cant select music or podcasts via the radio. Although that’s something I should have checked before buying it.

All in all a good car and one worth looking at.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Martyn
MartynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic little run around

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Luke
Luke

Great first car

Bought this car a little over 6 months ago and it has been great ever since I purchased it. Have never ahd a problem with it, it is extremely economical on fuel. It is a smaller car so you would not want to have a whole family in it. But it is a great little run about town car,

Date PurchasedAug 2017

our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Rai
Rai

Awesome small sedan!

I bought the Mazda2 Maxx Sport Sedan for reverse camera and sensor.
Since it's normally only for 2 passenger, it is good enough (the back seat's space is quite narrow for tall people).
It is economical and easy to park.
I loved the interior design of the sport version - black cloth with red stitch.
I can also fold the back chair down for even bigger boot space, very handy when needed.
I also added GPS, which is an amazing add on.
As my first car, it is good for its value.

BadgeMaxx Sport
Date PurchasedJune 2016
maxwell.l
maxwell.lSydney

Fantastic city runaround, affordable motoring

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Silent Enigma
Silent EnigmaBris

Great little car

Small enough to make parking easy. Fuel efficient, I get 500ks around town per 40 liter tank, quiet smooth ride. I have owned three Mazda 2's and they have never let me down. The only gripe I have is that the fuel gauge isn't very accurate once it passes 50% empty. I recommend these cars to anyone who wants a small fuel efficient reliable car.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Rexyv
RexyvADELAIDE

Great Car

Really liked this car so i bought one off the show room floor.
The sedan attracted me because of the large boot size.Good for a couple who want a holiday,as our luggage fits and our belongings aren't left exposed on rear seat.
Manual transmission works for me with plenty of power so don't be afraid to use it.
The automatic transmissions kickback didn't suit me.

BadgeMaxx
Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Chelsea B
Chelsea BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Latency in response

Very comfortable on the inside and looks good. Low fuel consumption. Very good for learners and slow drivers. But I definitely would not recommend this car for those to rely on quick response of the car in various circumstances. It has a huge latency and may put lives in danger. I had to change my driving style after purchasing it. It is completely opposite to my previous car - Mazda 2 (!) fabricated in 2008.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Ena
EnaPerth, WA

Mazda from now on!

Love my mazda 2, handles beautifully,looks good,very quiet,very economical to run.
Plenty of legroom,front and rear. Split rear seats so very versatile,huge boot area. plenty of stirage spaces,and unlike most new cars has a cigarette lighter..even non smokers need to plug some things in,has fascility to charge smart phone/computer. Love the steering wheel,where you can control radio,cruise control etc.
i am now a Mazda convert.

Date PurchasedJuly 2014
Kylie
KylieCentral Queensland, QLD

Amazing fuel usage, great handling

Efficient on fuel is an understatement, we used to fill up once per fortnight now we fill up once in 2 and a half months, it's amazing.

As a second car its perfect for running about and picking up kids. The driving is zippy and smooth and has good pickup.

The interior is tidy and of good quality, the backseat is of reasonable size for a small car and the boot is pretty spacious. The mod cons aren't all there for the standard car but its okay

Overall the Mazda 2 is an awesome second car for a family or first car for a new driver.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Marlene Dawson
Marlene DawsonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Safety factor

Security, excellent road holding even in wet conditions, quiet running, large boot size, excellent petrol consumption approx 6OO kms to full tank, body alignment type seats, added hands free phone, usb port instead of cd player, automatic stop sensor on windscreen the neo comes with a pearl finish, no extra cost.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
C.K.
C.K.

Zippy little car!

I love driving this car. We had a Mazda 323 protege before and after going back to Mazda after a spate of other cars, we were not disappointed! The interior is minimalistic, but functional and the running costs are great. I drive about 500 km per week to work and back. A 32L tank is about $40 a week running cost depending on the petrol price, and I drive every day including weekdays to take my daughter to swimming and random parties etc and it goes for about 7-10 days between fills. I have the hatchback which is little, and I have had trouble fitting things in there even with the seats folded but that's expected because its a small car!

BadgeNeo Sport
Date PurchasedSept 2017
Taylah
TaylahSydney

I LOVE this car cannot fault

I am really happy with this car. It was the best decision i ever made it is so cheap to run and i have never had a problem with it. It just zips around the place so easily and parts are easily accessible. The inside interior is so comfortable and pretty spacious in the back but boot size could be bigger but i am happy with it as its all i needed.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Steve B.
Steve B.asked
2 DY (2002-2007)

I have 2006 Mazda, have had it for years and been running smoothly but yesterday I felt like the car had a hiccup then the AT and engine lights on the dashboard came on. After a minute the AT light was gone but the engine light stayed the whole day. Can anyone please tell me what the issue is? Thank you.

fariha j.
fariha j.

I own a mazda2 (2005 genkii), a thoroughly enjoyable, reliable, feul efficient car, but.... had thecsame issue when i first bought it second hand 3 years ago. The engine checklight would turn on intermittently. My very very reliable mechanic (blunder road, durack, brisbane) lifted it up and gave it a thorough once over. He told me the problem wasn't in the engine at all but in the circuitory of the checklight itself. Once he replaced the said offending circuit.... Voila! No more problems. Cost me $270.

Pam
Pamasked

Has anyone else had problems with their Mazda2 Neo 2016 a/c as mine has stopped working they told me it was the a/c clutch and would cost $2,500 to fix it? Have had the car since new.

Kylie
Kylieasked
2 DY (2002-2007)

Hi I have a blown head gasket and have a mate fixing it for me but hes made the mistake of not marking where the timing chain needs to be and now hes upto putting it all back together but doesn't know where it needs to line up? Can anyone help plz ??

Mazda 2

Compare all 16 Mazda 2
CategoryCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and Hatchbacks
Starting Price $21,140$23,140$24,150$22,150
Engine4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L
Max Power81kW @ 6000rpm81kW @ 6000rpm81kW @ 6000rpm81kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque141Nm @ 4000rpm141Nm @ 4000rpm141Nm @ 4000rpm141Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureThailandThailandThailandThailand
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014