DE, DY, DJ, DL

• Features
Linda
LindaSydney, NSW

A lemon

Have purchased a Mazda 2 only one year old. I have broken down 3 times in 3 weeks. Have taken it to Stanmore dealership and it broke down a week later. Took it to Artarmon dealership had it serviced and asked for them to fix the problem and it broke down 2 days later. I am currently on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck. This is beyond a joke.
Artarmon refused any assistance. Said it was my responsibility to get the car to them. I asked if they would provide me with a car and they refused. Asked if they would provide Towing no was the answer. It’s an automatic start. With sky active technology. I am 67 years old and purchased this car believing it was reliable. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED.

Purchased in January 2019 at Mazda Artarmon .

audiblePerth, WA

Needs constant repairs.

Engine Size1.5
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedAug 2013
Greggles
GregglesSunshine coast

Check engine light issues!!

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedApr 2015
Cars

Find out how Mazda 2 compares to other Cars

FrankCity

Mazda car Mazda 2 Neo (about the fuel waist and not very economic car)

I just bought my Mazda car, I think this car are small car and use too much petrol...
I use 95, before I use E10 which is even worse.
My engine are very loud when I try to drive bit faster on the highway.
Most of time I use my car in the city, shopping, not far driving, but full tank of fuel 100km or something finish... unbelievable car.

Driving this car like drive a tank, small car but wast patrol.
When I had my Service last time, I asked her why this new car use all this petrol? She told me, well if you drive in the city you use more... I don't know... I have no ideas.
Oh yes by the way my car is automatic.
Mazda 2 car waist petrol
Use too much petrol

Engine SizeNo idea
Grant
Grant
Coco
Coco

Where did you "bring" it from Frank?

Steve B.
Steve B.asked
2 DY (2002-2007)

I have 2006 Mazda, have had it for years and been running smoothly but yesterday I felt like the car had a hiccup then the AT and engine lights on the dashboard came on. After a minute the AT light was gone but the engine light stayed the whole day. Can anyone please tell me what the issue is? Thank you.

fariha j.
fariha j.

I own a mazda2 (2005 genkii), a thoroughly enjoyable, reliable, feul efficient car, but.... had thecsame issue when i first bought it second hand 3 years ago. The engine checklight would turn on intermittently. My very very reliable mechanic (blunder road, durack, brisbane) lifted it up and gave it a thorough once over. He told me the problem wasn't in the engine at all but in the circuitory of the checklight itself. Once he replaced the said offending circuit.... Voila! No more problems. Cost me $270.

Pam
Pamasked

Has anyone else had problems with their Mazda2 Neo 2016 a/c as mine has stopped working they told me it was the a/c clutch and would cost $2,500 to fix it? Have had the car since new.

Kylie
Kylieasked
2 DY (2002-2007)

Hi I have a blown head gasket and have a mate fixing it for me but hes made the mistake of not marking where the timing chain needs to be and now hes upto putting it all back together but doesn't know where it needs to line up? Can anyone help plz ??

Compare all 16 Mazda 2
CategoryCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and Hatchbacks
Starting Price $21,140$23,140$24,150$22,150
Engine4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L
Max Power81kW @ 6000rpm81kW @ 6000rpm81kW @ 6000rpm81kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque141Nm @ 4000rpm141Nm @ 4000rpm141Nm @ 4000rpm141Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureThailandThailandThailandThailand
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014