DE, DY, DJ, DL

• Features
gr3y
gr3yVictoria

good but side mirrors have terrible BLIND SPOT

terrible blindspot on both side mirrors. maybe im just use to my ford fiesta, but with this car, i have to do a full head to body check. also had an odour coming from airconditioning. mazda applied some lemonade freshner during service, but odour came back.
otherwise, gps dashboard is good, controls good. steering wheel is very light. doors shut quietly.
more fuel efficient than my ford fiesta, brakes a bit more sensitive though.

Purchased in June 2016.

Great little car

Bought new ex-demo. Commute to work great on fuel although a little noisy and the speedo is over on the actual speed compared to the cruise control. Love the reverse sensors they’re a life saver! Comfy and zippy to drive and looks good. I have the dynamic blue colour and always getting compliments. Bluetooth is annoyingly slow and sometimes crap. Sometimes ding sounds from the passenger floor but apparently nothing wrong with it. Overall no major issues but only had it 2 months so far.

Purchased in November 2019 at Mazda Dealers.

Sam U.
Sam U.Perth, WA

Not in the quality expected

Got one with just over 100k on the clock but having difficulties with power steering and seatbelt pre tention sensor. These kind of issues are not expected with a reputable japanese manufacturer and repair cost would be more than 2000$ atleast. Never buy Mazda again :( Going back for Toyota.

Purchased in August 2019 for $5,000.00.

James Breen
James BreenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great car and could be even better for peanuts

We bought this Mazda 2 Neo model 2nd hand with 38000 on the clock, My mechanic said these cars are trouble free and l agree. A delight to drive,great seats and a stylish overall feel when driving. My only annoyances are are few dash rattles,crackles ( vibrating cable noises?) when driving on certain textured roads or bumps. The other annoyance is the lack of reverse camera in a 2016 built vehicle (bewildering when rear vision is so restrictive) l suppose it's my fault for not buying a more expensive model to get such a basic feature. The 12 mth service intervals are a big plus and the Mazda Brighton service dept are outstanding to deal with. This is my 2nd Mazda in 7 years and won't be my last.

Purchased in April 2019.

James C.
James C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

a good car

A very good reliable car but it is not fuel efficient and can be expensive to service if you service it through the dealer. However, I am still very happy with the car.

Purchased in February 2015.

BoughtNew
Year2015

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
G. Hix
G. HixHunter Region, NSW

A good fit for a family car

As our first family car this is a pleasant purchase, the dealership was also very friendly. Lately everything I am buying has turned out great. My new iPhone, furniture from desired living and now this fantastic car which drives like a dream

Purchased in March 2019.

Lyna
LynaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love my baby Mazda 2

Bought this baby brand new in 2010 at Mazda Dealer Edwardstown and I still love it. It's an economical little hatch that takes me to A to Z everyday, and has plenty of room to store groceries. I can fold down the chairs to give it more room when needed. Needless to say it's been reliable I haven't had any issues with it breaking down on the road.

Purchased in June 2010.

Jeffro
Jeffro

Good economical small car

We drive our little Mazda 2 everyday and have found it to be very easy to drive and fuel efficient.We have only owned this car for 4 months but it has been very reliable and fun to drive.It also has no problem carrying 4-5 people

Purchased in January 2019 at Melbourne's Cheapest Cars for $8.00.

CatAdelaide

Attractive little car that does a good job

BadgeGenki

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedMar 2017
KayB33
KayB33Australia

Great little car with all the modcons

This is my second Mazda 2 purchase. I recently upgraded from 2009 Mazda 2 Neo to Maxx.

Initially, I was a little concerned with some of the reviews online that Mazda 2 were now made in Thailand instead of Japan with lots of complaints about poor quality / duds.

Overall, I have had the car for 12 months and I’m loving it. Cruise control and MZD connect are my favourite new features. They have improved to the colours too - glad they got rid of the bright green.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedSept 2017
Glenn
GlennVIC, 3072

Nice little niffy car

Got this as a second car for my wife to learn driving. The drive and handling is pretty good, and the car corners well. Easy to park in city and tight spaces and is pretty niffy car overall. However, petrol consumption is rather high at around 9 - 10L /100km, perhaps due to age coming to 10 years old.

BadgeNeo
Date PurchasedMay 2018
C.B
C.B

Problematic but still reliable

Cheap to run
Bought brand new from mazda dealer
Was absolutely ripped off in terms of price
Fuel gage constantly taking incorrect readings
Bluetooth system is a piece of rubbish... potential to cause an accident more than using the device itself
Seat belt needed to be replaced as it wouldn’t retract

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Niles
NilesSydney

Great car

Very happy with this car, got a sedan maxx and for that price it has a lot of amazing features making Sydney driving a lot easier. It handles really well and is strong to accelerate. The only issue I have is my brakes have worn really fast and squeak. Even though I drive a lot I don't find it acceptable.

BodySedan
Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Richy
RichySydney

Great Little Car

Got one of these Mazda 2s for a fantastic price. In this price range there certainly isn't much competition. It is easy to drive. With the rear view camera it is also easy to park. Fuel consumption is great. My weekly fill ups have been reduced by more than $30 for the same number of kilometres traveled.

BadgeNeo
Date PurchasedOct 2016

Steve B.
Steve B.asked
2 DY (2002-2007)

I have 2006 Mazda, have had it for years and been running smoothly but yesterday I felt like the car had a hiccup then the AT and engine lights on the dashboard came on. After a minute the AT light was gone but the engine light stayed the whole day. Can anyone please tell me what the issue is? Thank you.

fariha j.
fariha j.

I own a mazda2 (2005 genkii), a thoroughly enjoyable, reliable, feul efficient car, but.... had thecsame issue when i first bought it second hand 3 years ago. The engine checklight would turn on intermittently. My very very reliable mechanic (blunder road, durack, brisbane) lifted it up and gave it a thorough once over. He told me the problem wasn't in the engine at all but in the circuitory of the checklight itself. Once he replaced the said offending circuit.... Voila! No more problems. Cost me $270.

Pam
Pamasked

Has anyone else had problems with their Mazda2 Neo 2016 a/c as mine has stopped working they told me it was the a/c clutch and would cost $2,500 to fix it? Have had the car since new.

Kylie
Kylieasked
2 DY (2002-2007)

Hi I have a blown head gasket and have a mate fixing it for me but hes made the mistake of not marking where the timing chain needs to be and now hes upto putting it all back together but doesn't know where it needs to line up? Can anyone help plz ??

Compare all 16 Mazda 2
CategoryCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and Hatchbacks
Starting Price $21,140$23,140$24,150$22,150
Engine4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L
Max Power81kW @ 6000rpm81kW @ 6000rpm81kW @ 6000rpm81kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque141Nm @ 4000rpm141Nm @ 4000rpm141Nm @ 4000rpm141Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureThailandThailandThailandThailand
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014