DE, DY, DJ, DL

• Features

Testing386
Testing386Sydney, NSW

Super practical hatch!

This is the second Mazda 2 hatch we have owned, and our fourth Mazda.

Decided on the GT after experiencing the benefits of the Vision package in our Mazda 3.
Car is a delight to drive and park.

Surprising amount of storage with the second row folded down. I regularly fit a lawn mower and gardening gear when I have to tend my parents' home. Load area is short though - our line trimmer handle sticks out over the centre console.

The only disappointment is that actual fuel consumption has not matched the claimed figure. We are hoping this will improve as the engine loosens up with more kilometers.
Five year warranty and five year roadside assist make Mazda a safe purchase.

Purchased in December 2020.

Jacqui
JacquiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love it

I love my Mazda. She is zippy, low maintenance and economical. I have had her nearly four years, get her serviced yearly and never any issues. Fantastic purchase, I will get another. Highly recommended.

Purchased in February 2017.

Deo Balraj
Deo BalrajPerth, WA

Mazda 2 Automatic 2019

This vehicle is used mainly to travel to the University on daily basis and for local run arounds. This vehicle is very light on fuel and is only 6 months old and the interior still smells like a new vechile. It is good value for money and has 5 star ANCAP safety rating.

Purchased in November 2019 at Mazda Dealers for $19,000.00.

AUGUSTO R.
AUGUSTO R.

The perfect small car

You can feel and see the materials quality, the standard features for the price are more than what I expected. Very cheap in petrol, definitely I would recommend this car.

Purchased in August 2019.

Neomal Perera
Neomal Perera

Gem of a car

Purchased in October 2013 for $9,000.00.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Mike G
Mike G

240,000 km and never had a spanner put on the engine.

Purchased in November 2005 at Grand Prix Mazda for $17,999.00.

Davbarg
DavbargPeel, WA

Has proved to be a great buy

Had the car for 2 years now and could not be happier. Great mileage 6.1 k's per 100 k's average over the 2 years. Comfortable, nippy, great electronics voice activation for phone, navigation, music etc. Cannot say enough about this little beast it is trult phenomenal. Could not be happier.

Purchased in September 2017 at Mandurah Mazda.

KayH
KayH

This is a perfect car for me!

My life wouldn't be the same without it! I've had a Mazda 2 for almost 10 years now and if I was to replace it - it would also be another Mazda 2 but this time I would purchase a White one! It is easy to park, great to drive, and the steering is really well balanced - other makes that I tried before purchasing my Mazda 2 were very light in the steering that's why I chose a Mazda 2.
I use my car most days for family transport, visiting friends and family and getting to appointments.
I use my car depending on what I have on that week.
I have my car serviced by following the manual instructions also depending on whether I'm out of the country on holiday mostly every year or when it needs something to be looked at which is hardly ever.

Purchased in February 2010 at Mazda Dealers for $24,000.00.

John Neetng
John NeetngSouth East Queensland, QLD

ultra reliable

2003 model, 150,000km on clock - demo with 400k when bought, cost 16,000 with anti rust and tinting.
pro's- never failed, regular service every 10,000 till 100,000 then every 20,000 by Kmart after warrenty expiry. Service / replacements - tyres, 2 new battery, break pads, fluids; thats it :) would buy another mazda 2 in a heartbeat. highway top on trip to Vic from Qld - 140-160Kph. not a hickup. No squeeks or leaks. spares cheap as if needed from wreckers galore - runs on 91 [ per book ]. Cons- can't think of any.except the tinting on one back window is starting to peel but that's a third party install

Purchased in February 2003 at Grand Prix Mazda for $16,000.00.

AJB
AJBIllawarra, NSW

Mazda 2 Neo - I love my new Zoom Zoom!

After 6 months of using public transport my Husband finally bought me a car. Having owned a Mazda 2 previously I was keen to purchase another and was not disappointed. With added extra's now on the basic Neo model (rear parking sensors, wing mirror retract button and bluetooth) I was very impressed. Also managed to get floor mats thrown in at no extra cost. I bought the manual as it was cheaper.
I use daily for a 20 minute drive to/from work and running errands at weekends. No issues so far, I am very happy with my new car.

Purchased in March 2019 at Mazda Dealers for $15,888.00.

Snooky
Snooky

MAZDA 2 RULES!

Purchased in September 2015.

Bec
BecGold coast

Great little car!

Buying this car was definitely a great decision. I bought it brand new and have not had a single problem with it for 4 years now.
Great fuel economy. Surprisingly spacious in the back seats. Huge amount of space when you put the back seats down too! I’ve managed to squeeze surfboards, golf clubs and bags in there no problem. A handy little car for all occasions.

BadgeNeo
Date PurchasedOct 2014

Review collected in partnership with Mazda

Michelle
MichelleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I love my Mazda 2!

I have had my Mazda 2 for 5 years and I love it.
I bought it brand new and have never had any issues with it.
It is the right size and would definitely recommend it to anyone, as it is reliable and has enough space.
I also find that the dealerships around Adelaide are good to deal with.

BadgeNeo
Date PurchasedMar 2014
Matt
MattWoolloomooloo Sydney

Great little car

Great little car that I have found to be without fault in the 5 months I’ve had it. It is very economical and has all the power you need for a city car. Very easy car to handle with all the driver assistance. Love the Sat Nav which has saved me on numerous occasions.

BadgeGenki
Date PurchasedJune 2018
Taylor
TaylorSydney

Love love love my car

I use my car to commute to work in sydney. Bought the higher model new so the interior is lovely. Very easy to drive and just a wonderful car. Adding front sensors was really handy. Manual model (my preference) very easy to change gears and great for city driving. Overall very happy with Mazda. Odd issue with the NAV that seems to go funny close to service time!

BadgeGenki
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Steve B.
Steve B.asked
2 DY (2002-2007)

I have 2006 Mazda, have had it for years and been running smoothly but yesterday I felt like the car had a hiccup then the AT and engine lights on the dashboard came on. After a minute the AT light was gone but the engine light stayed the whole day. Can anyone please tell me what the issue is? Thank you.

fariha j.
fariha j.

I own a mazda2 (2005 genkii), a thoroughly enjoyable, reliable, feul efficient car, but.... had thecsame issue when i first bought it second hand 3 years ago. The engine checklight would turn on intermittently. My very very reliable mechanic (blunder road, durack, brisbane) lifted it up and gave it a thorough once over. He told me the problem wasn't in the engine at all but in the circuitory of the checklight itself. Once he replaced the said offending circuit.... Voila! No more problems. Cost me $270.

Pam
Pamasked

Has anyone else had problems with their Mazda2 Neo 2016 a/c as mine has stopped working they told me it was the a/c clutch and would cost $2,500 to fix it? Have had the car since new.

Kylie
Kylieasked
2 DY (2002-2007)

Hi I have a blown head gasket and have a mate fixing it for me but hes made the mistake of not marking where the timing chain needs to be and now hes upto putting it all back together but doesn't know where it needs to line up? Can anyone help plz ??

Compare all 16 Mazda 2
CategoryCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and Hatchbacks
Starting Price $21,140$23,140$24,150$22,150
Engine4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L
Max Power81kW @ 6000rpm81kW @ 6000rpm81kW @ 6000rpm81kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque141Nm @ 4000rpm141Nm @ 4000rpm141Nm @ 4000rpm141Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureThailandThailandThailandThailand
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014