Mazda 3

39 questions from our users

MichaelR

MichaelRasked

Hi Guys,
Anyone with a CX 9 2019 that has noise issues through cabin, Touring model purchased new and has less than 8K, noises started around 500 K and has been to Mazda some 14 times - Mazda Corp has also been involved assigning a Field Tech who found that the wiper cowl bolts wee loose - re torqued and said ok - far from reality as after that the car has been there another three times and finally the guys said that they cannot fix it and logged it again with Corp - i am waiting now to be called in..again..

Has any fellow 9 2019 model experiences noises in the cabin going over certain bumps - not all though..

It would be great to share any solutions as i am loosing my sanity with this car and it is such a pity as i really like it..

New car experience ruined 110%..

PAUL I.

PAUL I.asked

What type of fuel for a Mazda 3 2007 model

Gaye Y.

Gaye Y.asked

3 BK (2004-2008)

I have a 2008 mazda neo bk and just to know if it has a 6 cd stacker or just a single cd

Emma K
Emma K

Mine has a 6 CD stacker

Bel L.asked

Radio text - has anyone had any success with getting the radio text feature turned on? The feature is there & radio text is displayed when the park brake is on, but as soon as you deactivate the park brake the option goes away, siting its a safety issue to display the text. Yet when using Apple CarPlay you can see all the text you want & can navigate around all the settings & apps while travelling at 110kms.

Fed Up
Fed Up

Sounds like another "option" Mazda provides that doesn't allow any actual options to be selected ... you can only have what Mazda says you can have ?? But I haven't used this setting, so am only assuming it behaves like other "Mazda Options" which give you no options, similar to a number of settings I have used on the Mazda 3 that behave in this manner.

Bel L.

Yep, it certainly seems that way. Poor form Mazda. I had a 2017 Mazda 3 which I LOVED & only traded-in because I thought I was upgrading when the next gen came out. I am now regretting that decision. So many features I had in my previous Mazda are now unavailable in my new one. Its so frustrating. I feel like Im being treated like a moron who is incapable of making decisions about their driving experience. I love driving but I am not enjoying driving this car. This will no doubt be my last Mazda.

kylie

kylieasked

I have a mazda 3 2013 model. When I got my car I payed for the paint protection now 6 years have passed and half of my car is peeling and Mazda will not touch it as they say its due to bird poo and chips and general dirt . My whole roof is almost white and not in patches either and my door handle and my bonnet. I do not even believe they done anything paint protection at all - Does anyone know how I can get my car tested to see if if it was indeed put on my car or not?

Kevin Collings
Kevin Collings

Hi Kylie, I did some online research for you and from the general chat all I get is that modern paint on cars should not need extra protection anyway and it is only sold as an added extra to make us spend more...yes we got it too, so going on this I would say that your car paintwork was not up to scratch originally and Mazda are avoiding the issue by blaming you. I don't know how you proceed from here except by saying to Mazda that every car on the road that is 6 years old should look like yours if the dirt etc is the reason your paintwork has deteriorated so badly and that it is about time these manufacturers stood by their products and looked after their customers. Good luck.

niko87asked

Has anyone had any rough shifting of the gears in the auto Mazda 3? (Particularly the newish models 2016+). Especially when cold in the start or weird shifts like it feels the gears up-shift but the revs still remain high?

narelle c.

narelle c.asked

3 BK (2004-2008)

I was looking into buying a 2008 Mazda 3 Max 2008 but am a bit confused at what BK means and please let me know any reasons why I should not buy this car

Andrew S.
Andrew S.

Hi Narelle BK is the series and the 2008 was the last of the first series. Be careful as these are over 10 years old many with high mileage. If you can find one with a great service record and low average per year then this is good. As always buy on condition.

Anniasked

3 BL (2009-2013)

What would cause the power steering pump to fail in a one owner 2012 Mazda skyactiv luxury sedan, which has driven less than 19,000 kms. This vehicle has had all appropriate services. The cost of the pump was prohibitively expensive at over $1500 plus labour.

oracle
oracle

Hydraulic power steering fluid can leak from worn or damaged hoses and failing seals. When enough fluid is lost, the power steering pump can overheat or wear out prematurely, resulting in a loss of hydraulic pressure and failure of the power steering system.

Anni

This vehicle was recently serviced and still had the power steering pump failure. I realise it is a 7 year old vehicle but has not done more than 19,000kms. Mazda Australia was not interested though I've read on forums that there has been problems with power steering in the past. We also needed a new battery at over $300 for the I-stop feature, which only ever works if the battery has 100% charge. Then the 80,000 km service. It was a very expensive week all up! Disappointed in Mazda!

Thank you for your answer!

Carol Wakley

Carol Wakleyasked

Fuel economy on the Mazda 3 2016 GT series 2.5 ltr

there are more fuel efficient cars on the market, but they are not as structurely sound. This is not necessarily a fact, its just I feel safer in her than my friends similar priced cars ie: Hyundi, Kia,

billy

may be get a zimmer ,paint work is thin and warranty claims,,,forget it,take care,

Jaymate
Jaymate

Geraldine, other way around! Mazda makes particularly fuel efficient cars, but other cars are more structurally sound.

Jessica F

Jessica Fasked

My car is three years old in May and the warranty expires. Is the warranty worth it? I haven't had any issues since purchasing.

billy

Well warranty comes with your car so of course it's worth it,just in case

Beverley B

Beverley Basked

3 BN (2016-2018)

What is Mazda 3 like on country roads or gravel roads and corrugation etc? How does it handle it?

Michael M
Michael M

Sorry,can't help there-only driven on sealed roads. It does handle well even on 'lousy' sealed roads. Also handles well on wet roads,even with the rain coming down heavily.

Niknok

Niknokasked

3 BL (2009-2013)

I currently have a 2008 Mazda 3 Neo Sport. Absolutely love my car but after 5 years ( of perfect running) I'm feeling the need for an upgrade. I'm looking at a 2012 Mazda SP25, with leather seats, sunroof etc, all the goodies. Anything I should be looking out forin this model? My current Mazda hasn't skipped a beat, even with lots of k' s put on the clock every year. Cheers

brian1940

brian1940asked

Do they make a light oak dash kit for Mazda 3 ts2 right hand drive?

Sarah Basked

3 BL (2009-2013)

I have a 2011 Mazda 3 NEO, currently 110,000km. For about the past 2 years, the engine light has been almost constantly on. I have it serviced as required, & 2 different mechanics have checked it. The first one checked it and said probably just a malfunction. The second one did a diagnostic test, & said it was something to do with oxygen concentration (I think?) . He said to stop using E10 fuel - it is rubbish & has possibly worn something out in the engine. He suggested I use premium 98 fuel, or at least 95.
I've done that for the last 8-9 months, & the engine light remains on. I taking it back tomomrrow for its next 10,000 service & I'm worried he might do the dodgy mechanic thing, & tell me something really expensive needs to be replaced - which as an non-mechanically minded female I will be none the wiser for.

Could anyone please tell me what questions I should ask before just accepting what is told to me - or could tell me possible reasons the engine light won't go off?

niko87

I would NOT be driving a car with the engine light on for a day let alone for months! If the mechanics are unable to diagnose the problem then they are not good mechanics. Take it to a Mazda dealer they might charge you more but they can at least find what it is - and fuel quality will never fix anything you are wasting your money on premium fuel.

niceguy42
niceguy42

I also have the same problem on my 2010 Mazda Neo. The engine warning light first came on in Dec 2018. I took it to a reputable motor mechanic in Jan 2019 for a diagnostic test and found the 2 oxygen sensors needs to be replaced for a total cost of $600. However, after driving out from mechanic the engine light came back on. They rechecked the sensors and did another diagnostic test and found no issues. He then asked me what fuel do I use, which was E10. He told me this maybe the problem and asked me to refuel the tank with premium 98 from either Shell or BP for about 5 times and then come back to reset the engine light to see if that is what is causing it.

Sarah B

Hi, thanks for the responses. When I took it in for the next service, I was advised it was the oxygen sensors - that they needed to be replaced, and if the engine light turned back on again, I had much bigger and more expensive problems. I paid for the oxygen sensors to be replaced (I think it was around $500) and they turned the engine light off. They also said no more E10 - I had to continue using the better fuel. Within a day of the service, the light came back on. I was very frustrated and thinking I was in for the big expensive fix. However a few days after that, it engine light turned off again, and has remained off ever since - almost six months now. No further issues with the car - very happy about that.

Jack

Jackasked

what's the difference between a Mazda 3 sp23 bk series 1 and bk series 2

Johna52
Johna52

There were a few additions in the series 2, most notably a 6 speed manual transmission for better fuel economy, plus in the luxury sports model direction stability control was added, a first for a mazda.

Tinaasked

Can someone please let me know if they have had any issues with rear rotors and calipers on Mazda 3 SP25 2014 build????

liz s
liz s

Hi Tina, yes l had issues with left rear on my mazda 3 SP25 GT 2014 - last year - was replaced under warranty-

Tina

Yes I have had calipers lockup and scorch that they heated but managed to pull up before I had got to far

Grantley

Grantleyasked

3 BK (2004-2008)

Just brought a Mazda sp23 2005 and put 98ron of fuel and engine light came on should I have not done ????

Daz
Daz

I presume you used Premium 98 RON fuel which should not make a difference as they (2.3) were tuned to run on normal 91 RON unleaded fuel so using 95 or 98 should just increase power output and possibly fuel economy, if your engine light is on there is probably some other issue. Hope that answers your question.

Davidlempriere
Davidlempriere

I was advised not to use 98, only 91 or 94,I've never used 98 burns too hot !

TP11
TP11

Please read you user manual re the fuel to be used. Don't let Mazda dealership talk nonsense. Your manual will tell you what you can and can't use.

bearcat91

bearcat91asked

3 BN (2016-2018)

Re comments on fuel economy - has anyone trialled 95 or 98 octane? Results were?

paddington
paddington

Higher octane fuel will improve performance and economy at higher cost. I use the higher octane fuel at higher altitudes or when doing longer distance driving. Mostly depends on your driving style- harsh efforts will cost more. I will not use E10 it is a blatant con. Years ago LPG was a bargain - now I would not use it.

Tee

Teeasked

Hi can anyone help
Me I'm about to buy a 2012 Mazda 3 neo sedan auto one owner with full log book history. It has a few scratches but nothing major. It has couple of months rego. Please anyone tell me if $6400 is to much for this car. Thank you.

Angie
Angie

Hopefully there is no steering wheel problems as I encountered

JLJL
JLJL

Is $6,400 a typo? If that's the price it's the deal if the century! If the price is $16,400 it's a little high.

Dips

Dipsasked

3 BM (2014-2015)

Anybody have a ticking sounds like something is rubbing agianest something from the rhs near the pillar?

Victor
Victor

I have the same problem and I'm yet to find out until my 3rd service. It appears to have a ticking sounds when the road surface is a bit bumpy for me on the rhs near the pillar or dash?

Troy H.
Troy H.

Can you bolt a Mazda 3 auto motor up to a manual box and what’s the difference between Mazda 3 and Mazda sp23

Get an answer from our members and Mazda representatives