35Mazda 3

Mazda 3 Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.
Michael A.
Michael A. · 3 BK (2004-2008)

Hello can we know the market value of mazda 3 2008 model

AJM
AJM

Sorry- not sure as we have a 2021 model

IAN
IAN · 3 BP (2019-2024)

How do you get the touch sensor locking/unlocking to work?

Seamus
Seamus

buy the poverty pack and suprise suprise you don't have to worry, locking/unlocking retro 1990's version.

Julian L.
Julian L. · BP (Sedan) G20 Pure Manual (2019-2024)

Does this car come with a cd playerby any chance?

Terry S.
Terry S.

No it doesn't
Most modern cars don't have it.
Unfortunately

Julian L.
Julian L. · BP (Sedan) G20 Pure Automatic (2019-2024)

Does this car come with a cd playerby any chance?

Julian L.
Julian L. · BP (Sedan) G20 Pure Manual (2019-2024)

Does this car come with a cd player?

Owjan
Owjan · 3 BL (2009-2013)

Does Mazda 3 2013 model have AUX input?

Bella C
Bella C

Yes inside the centre console

TIMOTY S.
TIMOTY S.

Does my replacement ECU module need to be reprogrammed to suit my car . It's a Mazda3 2009 model

Paul D
Paul D · 3 BK (2004-2008)

I have a 2004 Mazda 3 Bk. Just got the car and on day 2 the power steering locked up and went hard to turn. After 10 minutes with the car turned off, the power steering worked normally again. The battery was thought to be the issue due to powering the power steering pump. However it has now happened again. Any thoughts?

Hi Paul

It could be the pump on its way out. If it works for a while but then cuts out as you drive, the pump could be failing as it heats up. It is unlikely to be the battery as the pump will run off the charge from the alternator when the engine is running. The alternator is also potentially at fault if it is getting weak but a voltage test should determine this. With the engine running, the voltage across the terminals should be somewhere between 13-14V and with the engine off, 11.5-12V. If the power delivery from the alternator is ok, the next thing to check would be the pump motor itself.

Gill · 3

I have a new 2020 hatch Mazda 3 my problem is an indicator comes on centre of speedometer saying battery low start engine . Dealer put new battery in but still does it .any ideas what problem is .

JPA

Hi Gill, sorry, I haven't seen this problem for myself but it sounds like the issue is that the battery is getting low and it wants you to start the engine to charge it back up again. According to some others I have seen on forums and the like discussing this, it can happen if you sit in the car with the engine off and have some electrics running, like the radio or things as this will drain the battery. It is still your dealers responsibility to find and fix the issue if this is not what is causing this. Sorry I can't be more help.

Gill

They put a new battery in still same don’t have radio going ever going for service next week as I’m in my 70 s worry it will let me down only done 400 kilometres

PAUL I.
PAUL I. · 3 BK (2004-2008)

WHAT TYPE OF FUEL SHOULD I USE

Lisa
Lisa · 3 BL (2009-2013)

My daughter just brought 2012 Madza 3 and there is a gap in dash looks like it has expanding in the heat and the clips have come off. I have google it its been recalled in the US but nothing here in Australia.
As anyone else had this problem?

Alex H.
Alex H. · 3 BL (2009-2013)

my automatic mazda keeps jumping to from normal gears to AT

Scott
Scott

There's a common problem with the transmission control module (TCM) on Mazda 3's. It's likely to be the cause if your car is now a few years old. You can test this by using an OBD2 tester and reading the error code. If you are not familiar with this, then best take it to an auto electrician and get them to read the code for you. If you find an error then you can buy a new one (expensive), buy a 2nd hand one (hard to find, could end up with the same issue after a while), or get your TCM repaired (no one in AUS does this - but the US company listed below can do). The repair cost with postage for me was about $500AUD. Hope this helps.
www.shop.modulerepairpro.com

Chris
Chris · 3 BL (2009-2013)

Why do the headlight washers keep popping out by the self’s?
How do you put them back in?

Diana K.
Diana K. · 3 BK (2004-2008)

Does the 2005 5speed manual mazda3 have cruise control

niloc79
niloc79

It may have been an option on the base model. I found a few online with cruise control and a few without. Hope this helps

Thankyou

MichaelR
MichaelR · 3

Hi Guys,
Anyone with a CX 9 2019 that has noise issues through cabin, Touring model purchased new and has less than 8K, noises started around 500 K and has been to Mazda some 14 times - Mazda Corp has also been involved assigning a Field Tech who found that the wiper cowl bolts wee loose - re torqued and said ok - far from reality as after that the car has been there another three times and finally the guys said that they cannot fix it and logged it again with Corp - i am waiting now to be called in..again..

Has any fellow 9 2019 model experiences noises in the cabin going over certain bumps - not all though..

It would be great to share any solutions as i am loosing my sanity with this car and it is such a pity as i really like it..

New car experience ruined 110%..

PAUL I.
PAUL I. · 3 BK (2004-2008)

What type of fuel for a Mazda 3 2007 model

Gaye Y.
Gaye Y. · 3 BK (2004-2008)

I have a 2008 mazda neo bk and just to know if it has a 6 cd stacker or just a single cd

Emma K
Emma K

Mine has a 6 CD stacker

Bel L. · 3

Radio text - has anyone had any success with getting the radio text feature turned on? The feature is there & radio text is displayed when the park brake is on, but as soon as you deactivate the park brake the option goes away, siting its a safety issue to display the text. Yet when using Apple CarPlay you can see all the text you want & can navigate around all the settings & apps while travelling at 110kms.

Fed Up
Fed Up

Sounds like another "option" Mazda provides that doesn't allow any actual options to be selected ... you can only have what Mazda says you can have ?? But I haven't used this setting, so am only assuming it behaves like other "Mazda Options" which give you no options, similar to a number of settings I have used on the Mazda 3 that behave in this manner.

Bel L.

Yep, it certainly seems that way. Poor form Mazda. I had a 2017 Mazda 3 which I LOVED & only traded-in because I thought I was upgrading when the next gen came out. I am now regretting that decision. So many features I had in my previous Mazda are now unavailable in my new one. Its so frustrating. I feel like Im being treated like a moron who is incapable of making decisions about their driving experience. I love driving but I am not enjoying driving this car. This will no doubt be my last Mazda.

kylie
kylie · 3

I have a mazda 3 2013 model. When I got my car I payed for the paint protection now 6 years have passed and half of my car is peeling and Mazda will not touch it as they say its due to bird poo and chips and general dirt . My whole roof is almost white and not in patches either and my door handle and my bonnet. I do not even believe they done anything paint protection at all - Does anyone know how I can get my car tested to see if if it was indeed put on my car or not?

Kevin Collings
Kevin Collings

Hi Kylie, I did some online research for you and from the general chat all I get is that modern paint on cars should not need extra protection anyway and it is only sold as an added extra to make us spend more...yes we got it too, so going on this I would say that your car paintwork was not up to scratch originally and Mazda are avoiding the issue by blaming you. I don't know how you proceed from here except by saying to Mazda that every car on the road that is 6 years old should look like yours if the dirt etc is the reason your paintwork has deteriorated so badly and that it is about time these manufacturers stood by their products and looked after their customers. Good luck.

niko87
niko87 · 3

Has anyone had any rough shifting of the gears in the auto Mazda 3? (Particularly the newish models 2016+). Especially when cold in the start or weird shifts like it feels the gears up-shift but the revs still remain high?

narelle c.
narelle c. · 3 BK (2004-2008)

I was looking into buying a 2008 Mazda 3 Max 2008 but am a bit confused at what BK means and please let me know any reasons why I should not buy this car

Andrew S.
Andrew S.

Hi Narelle BK is the series and the 2008 was the last of the first series. Be careful as these are over 10 years old many with high mileage. If you can find one with a great service record and low average per year then this is good. As always buy on condition.

Select a listing for your question
Mazda 3

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.