18Mazda 6

Mazda 6 Questions & Answers (page 2)

Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.
Shaun R.
Shaun R. · 6 GG/GY (2002-2007)

Can I buy headlights from other year models that will fit my 2007 Mazda 6?

House Sitter
House Sitter · 6 GH (2008-2012)

We have owned a Mazda 6 GG model since new 13 years and had new the previous one for 2 years prior to that. We're considering buying a Mazda 6 GH 2008. Am I going to be as happy with it or are there things I need to be aware of on inspection? Thanks

Andrew S.
Andrew S.

Yes depends on condition. Check whether your car is part of the airbag recall.

Julie Fullbrook
Julie Fullbrook · 6

Hi the Scheduled Battery service required displayed on my Mazda 6 (2013)with the red warning light. It's due for a service in 2000kms can I wait to have this checked then or does it need to be looked at by a mechanic now. Is it expensive to have fixed or is it just a routine check for the battery

barnesdion57
barnesdion57 · 6

we have a mazda 6 hatch back 2013 model with 90000 kms on the clock when should i replace the timing chain/ and belt

Lee P.
Lee P. · 6

Hi all,
I am looking at buying a Mazda 6 2002 model with 137,000 klm"s on the clock manual transmission for about $3000 any advice on whether these are a good car or not.
Cheers

Peter D
Peter D

Cannot help. Sorry. PKD

Tim s
Tim s · 6 GG/GY (2002-2007)

Hi I have a 2007 wagon it's due a timming belt at 300000 I'm just wondering what the life of these belts really are? Do I have to change it?

Jack
Jack

They have a timing chain, not a belt. It should last the life of a properly maintained motor

Warren B
Warren B · 6 GH (2008-2012)

Can you put seats from a 2012 mazda 6 wagon into 2010 mazda 6 wagon?

Monique D
Monique D · 6

Hi I’m looking at purchasing a mazda6 2005 wagon can anyone tell me if it will have a timing chain or belt? Thanks

Lukeylight

Its a timing chain. Get mechanic to tighten it on service as it can be adjusted.

CJMazda
CJMazda · 6 GH (2008-2012)

hello, i bought a mazda 6, 2008 GH series 1 and the car seat came off the rail on one side and took it back to the dealer ant they just fixed the same seat. Is this concidered safe to drive? also upon getting it back the car was making a lot of noise and appeared to come from the suspension or steering, before taking it back to get the car seat fixed it didnt make that noise and also noticed they clocmed over 100km over one day before I got it back. any ideas why the car is making those noises on the suspension? spunds like the CV joints or possible sterring problem, any thoughts?? thanks

Lukeylight

Its a recall issue which will be fixed free.

Lukeylight

Spray lanolin down the 2 holes on top of the shocks. The issue was not enough grease on the stops on top of the suspension. It will do your head in to find it if you pull it all apart.

Chad
Chad · 6

I have a 2008 Mazda 6 and I’m having an issue now where the car starts but after driving a little way it suddenly stops but it will restart I have replaced the battery but still have the issue. Any ideas please?

Suiz Zan
Suiz Zan · 6 GG/GY (2002-2007)

Do all Mazda 6 panels fit all models?

Lukeylight

No they dont. Can be model specific.

Megan · 6

Hello I’m looking at a Mazda 6 2007 S2 Sport it has over 230,000 Km on the clock. It looks in immaculate condition but he said he has done all it services and I’m a little hesitant. What should this car have done to it with this many KM on it.? Thank you

Robbo
Robbo

Hi Megan,

a 2007 mazda if properly serviced should be okay at these kilometres. (20k a year is normal) I have a 2007 mazda 3 2.3 ltr motor and is mechanically fault free at 227,000 klms. the suspension will need looking at on the six you are looking at as struts and shockers may be a little tired, but a RWC will catch this.

Megan

Thank you for the reply, I’m hesitant only because he has said he has PERSONALLY done all the services himself. I’m sorry I didn’t word it properly.

Waine L.
Waine L.

Hi my wife has a 2004 Mazda 6 the car has done 337000km and still goes great the only thing that has gone bad was the air conditioner compressor we put an aftermarket one on it as the new one was like $2500. I change the oil every 10,000km as I don't trust the mechanics and I like to put the same oil in it. Will it need a timing chain soon? There is no rattle yet but I don't want it to break. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks Waine.

Kian · 6 GJ (2013-2016)

Am looking to buy mazda6 2015 with 2.2 Disel engin,is anyybody can help me and tel me is it good car?

Yhanks

Hi Kian:

I don't own a GJ mazda 6 but i watched many reviews and all the car review people claim this car is a good car because it handles well, very safe and also good fuel economy. If you don't mind a long family sedan then i think you can't go wrong with the 6. However i helped my friend purchase a CX5 and in my opinion dollar to dollar the CX5 is better value because the boot is more practical and a bit shorter in length so parking a bit easier than the 6 but you don't really sacrifice a lot of room inside the car with the CX5. Hope this helps and good luck!

Kian

Thank you C.Liu for your response.

Louis T
Louis T

My 6 GJ just went to 100K a few days ago. The only and common issue is the "front lower control arms - rear bushes" need to be replaced. Does not affect the handling, but will get some noise when u go through the speed hump at a low speed. Solid chassis and smooth transmission. Combination fuel consume is 7.8L

Jazbay
Jazbay · 6 GH (2008-2012)

Looking at purchasing 2012 Mazda 6 GH and wondering if it has good suspension and a smooth drive as the roads we have around here are quite bumpy.

C.Liu

Hi , the GH mazda 6 is a good car. But the suspension is tuned towards comfort as for this generation Mazda is trying to make the 6 more for business rather than sporty like the GG generation. So it will deal with the bumpy road very well. It will drive smooth as the engine is 2.5 so lots of torque and the 5 speed auto should be very smooth. However the car weights more also longer so handling wise not as good as the GG series. But i believe the quality is high since it is made in Japan. Hope this help!

terrywang
terrywang

2012 Mazda6 is considered 2nd generation, the suspension settings works fine on bumpy roads, 3rd generation is even more soft (comfortable). Be careful about humps on roads, the ground clearance of Mazda6 is only 12cms or so, easy to scratch lip.

Ceylon
Ceylon · 6 GH (2008-2012)

Hi. I'm looking to buy a 2008 Mazda 6 Luxury sports semi auto. I'm not familiar with semi auto but have been Googling and U tubing to familiarize. It's got 185,000 kms and $5,000 to buy . Any tips, pointers or advice? What to look for? I'll be asking to see log book of course. Thanks.

Bob
Bob · 6 GG/GY (2002-2007)

I have a 2007 GY wagon just bought with just 100k on it. What diesel oil should I use? Thinking expensive synthetics etc not needed. Thanks.

ScreenX

Usually the oil type required is displayed on the engine cover somewhere. Otherwise it would definitely be specified in the owners manual. A quick google search points towards 5w30 but you should confirm that with a mechanic coz using the wrong type of oil can introduce problems. U should be able to call a dealership and get this info over the phone.

T.L. · 6 GH (2008-2012)

Hi, I found a mazda 6, 2011 wagon with 222,000kms on the clock, everything else seems fine. Is it worth buying it?

ScreenX

It depends on a few things really. Are you buying it from a first owner who has a full service history? Is it auto or manual? Auto gearboxes are usually sealed and cannot be serviced. if it has been abused it would need replacement soon and replacing an auto gearbox via a dealer would cost you about AUD $7.5k. You might be able to source a used one from a wrecker for about $1.5k + labour to put it in your car, but then you don't know the condition that's in either so it's a bit of a risk. Generally Mazda's are bullet proof. But if it gets abused and not maintained properly, that reliability goes down the drain.

The best thing to do if you are serious about this car is to get the current owners permission to get it assessed via a mechanic of your choice and get everything thoroughly checked out. Don't bother with the RACV check that they do for about $300. It's useless. Take it to a mechanic you know and get them to take it apart and give you a report and base your decision on that.

Electronics wise, things have been reliable for me. We haven't replaced a single light globe in the car since we owned it from new (2010 till now). Aircon, heating, electrick seats, wipers, headlamp washers, etc etc all have been working like a swiss watch. The only thing that stopped working was the under seat bose amp ( a few months ago) which i replaced with an alpine amp and headunit which was cheaper than replacing the original bose amp from the dealer (dealer quoted AUD $2400 to replace the bose amp). I think it can be fixed with a lifetime warranty (by a business in Dandenong) for less than $500. My car was missing the factory reverse camera and navigation so I went with an Alpine amp and head unit which has all the bells and whistles for half the cost quoted by the dealer to replace the amp. Hope this helps. All the best :)

Thanks a heap ScreenX,

I asked the owner he said he is the 2nd owner and he has all the service log book. But you are right I should bring it to a trusted mechanic. The problem is I do not know any mechanic in Sydney at all. Hence, I am thinking about using Redbook, because they sayd they have warranty on what they examine pre-purchase. Is it worth using them or any further advice? Really appreciate that.

All the best

kerry
kerry

Hi there. Ours is 190.000 kms. Ours is fine. Theres a little bit of luck involved with any car really. Even new. Get it cheap, If its an ex lease or reps car it may be fresh motorwise as hot kilometers are great. Can you afford a compression test? Cheers

Samantha T
Samantha T · 6 GG/GY (2002-2007)

1) I need to replace my fuel pump.? would i need to replqace any other parts associated with the fuel pump? Ive heard a noise coming from the back of the car almost like a rolling thunder sound, any ideas? ive had to change 3 out of 4 tyres in the last 11 months.?

ScreenX

With the pump you would change the fuel filter but that generally comes as a kit. The noise you described doesn't sound right. Have you got your wheel alignments checked? Do you have brake disks or drums in the back? Get a mechanic in to your car and take him for a drive. See what he says

brendan
brendan · 6

How much money does it cost to fill Mazda 6 fueltank 2003 model?

ScreenX

it's got a 60 liter tank. Cost will depend on the pricing on the day you fill and how much you fill :)

Emma
Emma · 6 GH (2008-2012)

Hi, I was wondering what people's experience was with baby car seats (capsules/rear-facing seats) in the GH series 1 Mazda 6 wagon (2009 specifically). Does the capsule compromise legroom for the passengers in the front? TIA

ScreenX

No. The drivers side rear passengers usually have better leg room as the drivers side is deeper and the driver has more leg room. I've had a rearward facing baby seat for two years and now boosters for a 4 and 6 year olds. Their feet touches the front seats due to the way booster seats work. The front seats are adjusted to me the driver ( just over 6 feet tall) and my better half who is about 6 inches shorter than I am.

Select a listing for your question
Mazda 6

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.