18Mazda 6

Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
Features
Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.
Best Cars
See the Best Cars in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mazda 6215 reviews
Gustavo
GustavoSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA5 posts
  GL
Jamie
JamieHobart4 posts

Great driving experance

We love our car as it handles very well on the road and even better in raining conditions. The widow wipers get a little sicky and then when having to use them sometimes scrape but replacing those fixed that issue and we replaced the rims as the stock look rubbish. But the car drives very well

C.Liu
C.LiuNSWSydney, NSW11 posts
Jason
JasonPerth10 posts
  Verified GJ Sedan

Great car with luxurious trim

Ive owned this car now for 6 months and its still an absolute pleasure to drive.

Fuel economy is not the rated 6.6, im getting around 7.1 or 7.2 l / 100 km which is still good.

Interior is beautifully done, all leather, nice trim, great sat/nav stereo

Ride is very quiet and smooth, take off is very good. Not a fan of the i-stop but can be easily deactivated (read forums)

Fixed price servicing,

Have been very happy with this car, I have the GT variant and it looks spectacular.

terrywang
Cait1233072VIC, 307211 posts
Batty
BattySYDNEY8 posts

Good spacious car

The car is cool to drive and I enjoy it . It has sufficient airbags to protect ALL passengers.

The cabin height of drivers seat could have been bit more spacious. It is tough to perform head checks if you have decent height as the head touches the top even with the seat at it lowest position.

cuffe01
cuffe01AU10 posts

Overall good

Overall it is a nice car, leather interior, auto wipers, auto headlights, personalised seat controls. Only issue is the Bluetooth, it is terrible. Got to do everything over a lengthy voice control and whilst playing music it constantly drops out. I listen to a lot of music over Bluetooth so very dissapointing.

damtan
damtanQLDWide Bay-Burnett, QLD19 posts

love at first drive :)

love this car.

Dreamy to drive - makes long trips enjoyable.

Sufficient airbags to protect ALL passengers. Rides well. Can sometimes have excess road nose but have nite this is a tyre choice not car.

Will defiantly sucking with Mazda And tell all of my mates about it. Next car will be a MAZDA.

Matt
MattGold Coast3 posts

Love the Mazda 6!

This Mazda 6 was my third car and I absolutely love it.

It's so smooth to drive and handles very well.

It takes off quickly at lights and lives it up the zoom zoom Mazda slogan.

The fuel is efficient. I drive it everyday and only have to fill up around every 3-4 weeks.

The engine is very quiet and the brake system is well designed.

I've had this car for 1 1/2 years and haven't had any major issues.

The boot is huge.

The sound system has nice bass.

It would be great if it had bluetooth but it's a 2007 model so it wasn't as popular back then. It could be customised for this option by a mechanic.

In the end, I would recommend the Mazda 6 to anyone looking for a new car.

ScreenX
ScreenXMelbourne59 posts
NotHappyJan
NotHappyJanBrisbane2 posts
Gab
Gab2565NSW, 25657 posts

Really Fuel Efficient and a Pleasure to Drive

My first ever Mazda. Low KMs and tidy.

I don't think I will ever own anything else. Fuel efficient. Easy to drive. I own a wagon but even then it's not huge and I find it easy to reverse parallel park.

Plently of leg room in the front and back.

So far so good. Let's see what this year brings.

Louis T
Louis TAU6 posts
  GJ Sedan

Good Car with Skyactiv tech!

This car has good torque and fuel efficiency. Driving it is full of fun. Noise control is better than my previous Accord Euro, but comparing with Lexus, it still has a long way to go.

Interior is quite beautiful. Legroom is fine for a sporty car.

Never have any big issue with this car.

Brian
Brian
  GH

Great car terrible customer service

Melting dashboard issues were rejected for a number of years blaming the owners - this may be getting resolved soon but Mazda are poor with communications.

Safety issue with drivers seat collapsing will become a safety recall but until then it's up to the owner!

Airbag control module failure has prompted a safety recall in USA but over here not a murmer.

As I said great car despite those problems but I'd hardly call that great service.

Peter
Peter5 posts
  GJ Wagon

Mazda 6 Sport Wagon - Tops!

This car is a great drive - hugs the road nicely, very tame at speed and refined handling. Easy on fuel, not so much on tyres if you don't rotate them regularly. Do that and you will reap the benefits in extending tyre wear. Lane departure, parking assist, kinetic recovery system all work well, and the steering wheel paddles to shift gears in sports mode are fun, if not impractical at normal speeds. New Mazda paint formula means the duco will last - metallic red is a great colour!

James
JamesDulwich Hill4 posts

Perfect middle class car

The Mazda 6 is a great car for any growing family, that occasionally goes for long road trips or zip around the city. Spacious front and back with standard large 7" in dash screen with GPS and Bluetooth audio. We have the Sport model, which comes with leather seats, climate control, fog lights, 17" alloys that gives the smoothest ride. We upgraded from the Mazda 3, and could tell the difference in ride comfort straight away.

T.G.R.
T.G.R.6 posts
  GH

Excellent fun to drive car which doesn’t break the bank with fuel economy

Upgrading from a Toyota Camry this car was an entire league ahead in terms of features and performance. The handling is excellent, it turns around corners with excellent traction, the dashboard is very clear and easy to read, the seats are superbly comfortable, the maintenance is very affordable and there’s plenty of room in the boot. This is a car which is well made, fun to drive and surprisingly fuel efficient. The only complaint I would have is that the classic is a little low to the ground, so ocasionally it hiccups over large speed bumps. But apart from that, it’s an exceptional car and well worth buying.

Roxy
Roxy5 posts

Mazda 6

The driving experience is great i love this car and I really especially love the inside of it and mine is a manual so of course it drives really well and the air con works great and only costs $70 to fill up my tank which lasts quite a long time!!

AK56
AK5610 posts
  GJ Sedan

Better than a luxury car

I've driven a few luxury cars and while they may be impressive the current Mazda 6 definitely is on par. It has the latest technology, navigation and bluetooth is on point, the glass speedometer that goes up and down is fantastic. The car is very easy to drive and manoeuvre and very comfortable. Good legroom and nice interiors. The hand break is a switch which takes a while to get used to but definitely no hindrance to the driving experience. The side mirrors automatically close as the car locks which also automatically locks as you leave the car. Exteriors also have a luxury appearance. Have been driving Honda for 15 years and changed to a new Honda every 3 years but the Mazda has definitely won me over.

fredlet02
fredlet02VICGippsland, VIC54 posts
Tom P
Tom PNSWSydney, NSW7 posts
  GJ Wagon

Perfect, seriously there is nothing about it that I'd change

The visual dashboard is fricking awesome and has so many features: music, radio, sat-nav, bluetooth, etc. It also handles amazingly well for a tuner and its acceleration is great too. Oh, and the interior is super relaxing to be in; the leather seats aren't too coarse or soft and there are just enough compartments to fit whatever equipment or paraphernalia I might bring on a drive. And the wagon's boot is just perfect for my super over-sized dog, we can even fit my sister's guitar, an amp and the dog at once!

Byrno
ByrnoHighfields53 posts

Best car owned

Love this car, first car bought new that has absolutely no faults, now done over 90000 klms, only trouble is that the car has been so good that my wife refuses to trade up to another car. Like the pin point steering, changed the multimedia unit in the first week of ownership that provided reverse camera, Sat Nav, DVD player etc, which I recommend.

Stephen
StephenTASLaunceston, TAS4 posts

very good value

2013 touring model petrol wagon .

Likes , upmarket interior and features , low servicing costs , excellent reliability .

Dislikes , road ( tyre ) noise , holds on to higher gears for fuel economy.

petrol engine lacks torque if fully loaded, you would need to try the diesel engine if that was your intended use.

Geo
Geo2 posts

Nice car

Very good and reliable car . Easy to handle and low maintenance.

Fuel economy is excellent . The drive is smooth and not tiring.

The interior has enough room for a family of 5 and can sit easy.

Very stilish interior design.

Acceleration is impressive and smooth .

Won't regret the purchase

Simo
Simo2 posts

Fantastic Car!!!

What an absolute pleasure to drive and with so much style. The efficiency is amazing and the features are very well thought through. Beautifully finished and since I purchase this car new, it has never missed a beat. Very spacious for the whole family and I love the responsiveness of the twin turbos.

Sarah
SarahPerth6 posts

I love this car

After much research we decided on purchasing a Mazda 6 wagon. It lives up to all of the great features promoted and more. Driving performance & handling is superb. Such a smooth ride.So economical to run. I love the istop and ieloop features. Roomy and comfortable and being the wagon version, the boot is huge, perfect for our dog. Push button start is awesome & the interior looks classy. Bluetooth, navigator, reversing camera, usb, aux.

Only complaint, seats are hard to clean, especially dog hair

Rob
Robperth11 posts
  GJ Wagon

Very nice car for touring

Engine has heaps of torque, excellent for long drives. Handles well but like most wagons the cornering isn't great. Road noise is good. Avg about 5.8litres/100km on long drives and a litle worse in town. Interior is very nice with leather finish. Reliability has be fine, a few minor niggles with the reversing sensors otherwise fantastic. Don't put petrol into it though (like my wife did) as it cost $16K to fix (all but $500 was covered by insurance). The fuel pump and injectors were $9k alone!!!

Matthew D
Matthew DAdelaide
Emmiiilllyyyyy
Emmiiilllyyyyy

Very reliable car

My 2007 Mazda 6 luxury sport has 366,000 kms on the clock and has never let me down. My mum brought it new and passed it down to me in 2012 and I can honestly say I never want to get rid of it.

If your looking for a reliable and comfortable car that wont cost you a fortune to buy , maintain and fill the Mazda 6 is definitely worth a look at. I want to keep mine for along as I can. :)

HonestReviewer
HonestReviewerNSWSydney, NSW7 posts
trjack1
trjack1TasmaniaHobart, Tasmania4 posts
  GH

Great vehicle. Reliable and looks great too

I bought this vehicle as I had only heard good things about it and because it looks great too. The driving experience is really nice, I feel like it's more than a standard family vehicle. It feels sporty with a dash board that looks like it was made for a racing vehicle (still easy to use but a great look and feel). Only issue I've had is with the Blue Tooth. Worked fine with my iPhone 6 but the iPhone 7 Blue Tooth isn't fully compatible so I haven't been able to use it anymore. Other than that it has a great engine, great feel, and is super reliable packed with all the features you'd expect from a modern vehicle.

Stuart
StuartNSWSydney, NSW31 posts

Brilliant value

Bought brand new in 2008, has 186,000kms on the clock. Avg fuel consumption is showing 7.8l/per 100kms. Only ever used E10 except when I used Prem 98 for about 3 months when it was cheap. Made no difference to economy and I did not notice any performance benefits.

Serviced by Mazda for first 5 years. Only problems have been leaking rear shock absorber which started after a service and a distorting rear door speaker. Both fixed under warranty without a problem.

Good quality finish, quiet, safe and powerful. Manual 6 speed is easy to use. Huge load space, comfortable seats with good legroom, good air con and sound system.

Justin
JustinBrisbane4 posts

Great car

Got a second hand Mazda 6 2014 for my first car.

Very happy with it, drink very little fuel, look beautiful after polish,

The new styling of the Mazda makes me wonder why would you ever buy other cars in its price range,

interior still works looks fresh unlike some other cars,

performance was bit lacking on higher rpm but that what you should expect

and car is very quiet when driving.

Dendid1
Dendid1melbourne
lis782
lis782DAVISTOWN6 posts

so happy to have it

recently downsized our car to the mazda 6 wagon and are so happy with it! its lovely to drive, has great technology, very comfortable and an overall great car, after searching for a car for several weeks I think we made the best decision to suit our family. couldn't be happier

Chris
ChrisBrisbane31 posts

Pretty good

Bought a 2012 model 2nd hand with 130k on it. Really nice inside and pretty good entertainment system for it's age. Car looks much nicer than alternatives at a similar price. Auto is sluggish although I have always had manuals. Even the padels feel slow to respond. Has a bit of go when using the padels but doesn't set the world on fire. Happy with my purchase

Jose
JoseNSWSydney, NSW6 posts
  GJ Sedan

I can not recommend this car enough

To say I love this car is an understatement . I bought this car with a car allowance from work as I work in sales and am in my car 80% of the day . I have had many company cars over the years and this compares to any I've had . As I drive all day I need a car that is comfortable , safe and responsive . The Mazda is all of that . I can not recommend this car enough

Bill
Billsydney7 posts
  GJ Sedan

A quick summary of ownership

1. Handling, smooth; understeer, disconnected from the road.

2. Performance, 2.2litre twin turbo diesel: smooth and perky, at times feels like a petrol, noisy.

3. Noise, lots of road and wind noise penetrating the cabin.

4. Easy to navigate dash unit, plenty of leg room, boot space is good in the X and Y dimension but falls short on the Z dimension.

5. Reliability: 4 years so far, nil issues. Ask a mechanic, my individual report is not a big enough sample size.

6. Diesel true litres/100km is about 6.9 with the air conditioning cranked up with 50% high way and 50% town driving.

Bala
BalaVictoria4 posts

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.