18Mazda 6

Mazda 6

18Mazda 6
4.3

84% · 18017 · 8%
Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.

Steph
StephGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts

2003 Lux Sports. Mazda 6

Great car! I absolutely love it!!!! It is perfect for myself and my son, however my partner is 6ft4, and he struggles to fit in the car, however it is for me and not him. The boot space is great, and I can fit so much in there, pram and tonnes of groceries.

I have the Luxury Sports Model, and the only negative/con is that it needs premium everything (service parts, petrol, oil) so it gets quite expensive around service time, and when it needs to be filled.

Costs me about $70 to fill the tank.

Jonathon
Jonathon4 posts

Absolute Gem

I purchased a used 2005 Mazda 6 for the purpose of small trips from A to B. The car has been perfect. Not one hitch in all my time driving it (That was the car's fault). The drivers seat is comfortable and the adjustments that can be made to it are great, The car has leg room and none of the boys have complained. Th only thing that i wish was made in the old Mazda's was an AUX!

Shawn
ShawnAU2 posts
Sahejin S.
Sahejin S.Sydney7 posts
  GG/GY

Great for new drivers and economical as well

I recently moved to Sydney for post-graduate education and I was looking for a reasonably priced car that is roomy as I am a bit on the larger side. When I found this silver sedan that was well-maintained by its previous owner, I bought this up immediately and I have been loving it since then. Running costs are low, its a reliable vehicle with ample leg room and the only problem I faced was some noise from the tyres during parking. Other than that, I'm very happy with this car.

Em Gee
Em Gee6 posts
Chris
ChrisThornlie2 posts
David Taylor
David TaylorHunter Region, NSW20 posts

very good car

The car is VERY quiet. Handles very good, although it has 17inch wheels. Plenty of power when needed and going along the hwy uses about 5 litres of fuel per 100kms. Like the auto wipers, lights and mirror. The lights follow the direction of the steering wheel.

Bad things: very expensive to change the oil. The 10 liter container will cost around $140. The radio has no volume that adjust to speed of the vehicle.

Bec
BecVIC, 30007 posts

No problems so far

So far so good. Haven't had any major problems as I do an enormous amount of driving. A couple of other cars I have owned haven't been able to keep up the pace but this little beauty seems to handle well, which in my line of work is always a blessing.

thanks mazda :)

Daniel
DanielSouth East Queensland, QLD62 posts

Love hate relationship

Purchased this car second hand, and it did everything i wanted it to. It just didn't do anything well.

Love the look, love the premium feel & all the features, plus very safe and advanced safety features for the year model.

We did have a few issues, that were all rectified quickly by the company. The keyless entry system needed maintenance, the front door subwoofers needed replacing, fuel average was higher than it said it was, even driving like a grandma, but still much better than petrol equivalent. Road noise is my main complaint though and i don't understand when people say interior room is huge..its tiny!

Despite the growing list of flaws i found in this car, i still love it.

NidNoi
NidNoiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC9 posts
Funny Bunny
Funny BunnyGold Coast10 posts

Best Car Ever

I am driving a Mazda 6 2010 model, we recently thought about upgrading to the newest model but found our vehicle to be just as good, still looks like new and drives fantastic it is very comfortable has plenty of room and is very quiet. We have had the car for almost 5 years and it has never once let us down I would highly recommend Mazda to anyone Their Service department is great also.

BobW
BobWSydney2 posts
al1
al1South East Queensland, QLD14 posts

PUSH BUTTON IGNITION MAZDAS WITH PUSH BUTTON IGNITION

Tow truck drivers have reported a high level of failure with the push button start ignition switch.

Some tow truck drivers have reported they have had numerous call outs to to pick up these cars .

Owners have been stranded due to the push button ignition failing to start the car.

The inconvenience and towing expenses are a bad refection on this new ignition system.

Brad D

Caity B.Melbourne11 posts
Stephen Farrell
Stephen FarrellGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC17 posts

A great car

I have a 2013 Mazda 6 Atenza wagon and just updated my wife's car with a 2017 P series Mazda 6 GT sedan. The difference in both comfort and NVH levels is outstanding right down to the double glazing of the side front windows in an effort top reduce noise. A much better car to drive with better comfort. Mazda Connect works well and the overall finish of the vehicle is excellent. Would highly recommend as a premium vehicle.

sentinel88
sentinel88South East Queensland, QLD80 posts

Great car

Waited for the 2017 version. Well worth the wait. Similar to drive to the Honda but way better. Unfair to compare an older car to a new one but. Like the safety features, ride, drive, space, performance, fuel consumption, voice control, paintwork which glistens in the sun, leather interior. Heaps more. What can I say this is a great car.

Show details ·  1

Michelle M
Michelle MVictoria10 posts
not happy Jan1919
not happy Jan1919SYDNEY4 posts

Classy, Reliable Car

Car has done 105,000 k's and have not had any problems with it. Set of brake pads (front and rear) at 90,000 and everything else has been scheduled maintenance. Good controls, voice recognition works really well, bluetooth streaming the same. Has the best climate air I have ever owned, significantly better than my previous Honda and Subaru.

Fuel sits on 9.5 l/100k's with a mix of city and a little bit of higher speed running. Nice steering, ride and handling (for a family car)

Would recommend a Mazda 6 to anyone looking for reliable mid sized car.

Michael van Kempen
Michael van Kempen2 posts

dadashton
dadashtonSydney Surrounds, NSW3 posts
Ree
ReeHunter Region, NSW2 posts
  GH

Diesel has a defective timing chain

Our Mazda 6 2009 luxury sports diesel had a recall in Europe for a defective timing chain. Australia did not, its case by case with Mazda. Just wished we could have had the option to replace the timing chain, that was maybe a $2000 fix, then to lose a car that cost $46,000, religiously serviced with only 146,000k's, was heart breaking. Mazda Australia wanted no part of it. We were not given the option to even fix it because we were unaware the timing chain was rubbish. Any one with a Mazda 6 MZR diesel, please google problems with them. If it saves one person our heart ache then I'll be happy. We sold it for $1500, and has since been fixed, so I know for certainty the timing chain was the problem.

Greg
GregHunter Region, NSW6 posts
Vilas
Vilas
  GH

i think Mazdas are the best small cars on the road. They are safe and easy to control. i wouldn't bu

Mazda takes care of comfort, they are easy to manoeuvre and light enough for a women to feel comfortable driving them. I have always been happy with the space and legroom in the interior of the car. Every Mazda I have had has been reliable in difficult weather and terrain. They are very competitive with their running costs. Especially on cruise control.

PCHammond
PCHammondSydney6 posts
pinekin
pinekin4 posts
  GH

Excellent allrounder, a car that keeps you smiling

The car has great performance with excellent handling. The gearbox shifts smoothly and the clutch is light in its operation. The interior has a quality feel with everything falling easily to hand. The quality of the radio and other controls together with the ease of operation is equated to cars costing twice as much. Well done, it is a car that continually puts a smile on your face. As a used or new car I would recommend it.

Karl
Karl
  GG/GY

Good

I had a Mazda 6 2005 limited..Fuel pump had to be replaced at 140 000km which was $540,Clutch gave up at 210 000km Mazda dealer asked for $2000 !! dont go there..Its been fixed for $750 in other words shop around.Engine mounts had to be replaced at 230 000km which was cost of $400 so in another words once you reach 200 000km or its probably good time to say good by to it!Other than that no other engine issues .Very fuel efficient and reliable car.Parts expensive though.

harmony_elouise
harmony_elouiseMelbourne6 posts
  GH

Excellent car with no issues

This is easily the best car I ever owned. Never had any issues and serviced it semi regularly. One thing I noticed was it is real quiet from the inside. Driving on the highway I never heard outside sounds. Might sound bizarre but I found driving real peaceful. Highly recommend.

DisappointedCB
DisappointedCBSydney10 posts
  GJ Sedan

Best cars i have ever owned

The Mazda 6 is the best car. I had one from 2004 - 2013, never had a single issue - was the same in the 10 years I owned the car. I bought another one new in 2013 and it is also perfect no problem at all. Great drive and value for money

Suthan
SuthanBathurst2 posts

Excellent family sedan

Excellent car for an average family.Bought a Atenza disel.Engine is very powerful.Safety features are amazing.Blind spot monitoring and Lane keeping assistance are very useful.Sat Navigation very accurate.

Very stylish and plenty of room for 5 adults.Leather seats are of very high quality.The boot size is very good.

Driving experience was unforgettable.

Style with power and safety.

I would recommend it for a family.

zilal
zilalmaroc12 posts

The best for ever

Fantastic car! Purchased from a dealer in 2013 with 69,000km on the clock now at 97,000, In that time serviced it twice at a total cost of $600, extremely practical with rear seats folding flat can fit a timber 180cm long tv unit, or go camping and sleep in the rear, great looks 10 years later, and zero breakdowns. 700+km per tank have had over 900km on a tank on the highway also, also good safety and features even today.

David5864
David5864AU13 posts
Sh1984
Sh1984South East Queensland, QLD7 posts
Morphix
Morphix9 posts

Never fails, solid performer

Fantastic car, Purchased from a dealer in 2013 with 69,000km on the clock now at 97,000, In that time serviced it twice at a total cost of $600, extremely practical with rear seats folding flat can fit a timber 180cm long tv unit, or go camping and sleep in the rear, great looks 10 years later, and zero breakdowns. 700+km per tank have had over 900km on a tank on the highway also, also good safety and features even today.

I think my next car will be a mazda 6, but likely to drive this at least 5 more years .

Show details ·  1

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.