18Mazda 6

Mazda 6

18Mazda 6
4.3

84% · 18017 · 8%
Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.

KZN
KZNNew South Wales29 posts
Keefy
KeefyAU

Best Car I've Ever Owned! Would Definitely Recommend

Just a plain awesome car. I bought my 2010 Mazda 6 luxury sports in 2015 with 83,000kms on the clock. Performed like a brand new car, so comfortable, smooth, quiet, and just brilliant! Only down fall is for me it is a little thirsty. Other than that great. If you're thinking about getting one do it! You will not regret the decision.

Mike C
Mike CSydney2 posts
  GJ Sedan

Madza Man

I've owned & driven 4 Mazda cars. First the Mazda 323 Astina then Mazda follow by the Mazda CX 7 and now the new Mazda 6 GT. It's a fantastic car that offers the driving power and great handling performance. I love sporty looking car, the Mazda 6 has it all, yet it still offers you the comfort with it's luxurious and spaces interiors. The fuel consumption is very efficient which helps in minimizing the running costs. Zoom Zoom Zoom.

Mehran
Little Miss FussySouth East Queensland, QLD12 posts
Lynmonkey
Lynmonkey2 posts

2007 Mazda 6 Diesel

I've had this car for 3 years now, and I just love this car. It's got plenty of space for the dog, baby, husband, pram, baby bags and so on. The boot is huge, and mounting brackets to fit the babyseat helps to increase usable boot space. It's super economical, although since I started getting it serviced at a Mazda Dealer, I now only get 650-700km/tank. I used to get 750-800km/tank... not sure what's going on there...

My only complaint is the DPF. This dam thing has blocked up twice - even after we changed to get the overpriced Mazda servicing. After a quote of $7k to replace or $1,500 to clean - it's an expensive problem. I love the 6, but will not be getting a diesel again in a hurry.

Luke S
Luke S
raheemeus
raheemeusSydney
serenity78
serenity78South East Queensland, QLD13 posts

Style and Room!!!

Love this car!!! Solid, stylish and has the extra room we needed! Better than the other wagons on the market... Doesn't feel or look "Company car". Great visibility to allow you to drive safe. 6 stacker CD... Style... Did I mention I love our car? Would recommend it a thousand times over. Very Happy!
Everything!
Cup holders in middle Show details
VanessaLisa
weedoman
weedomanSydney Surrounds, NSW12 posts
  GJ Wagon

2013 Diesel Touring Wagon

Got an ex-demo in Soul Red. Love the car. Well appointed, great features and quality build. Bose sound system is great Looks fantastic. Still turns my head 6 months after I bought it. Great value for money.

Very few complaints. The ride can be a bit jarring. The phone hookup feature that should read SMS's from your phone cannot cope with an iPhone (which I find amazing - not exactly an uncommon phone!)

Overall very happy.
Build quality, looks, stereo, fuel economy, value for money
Jarring ride; phone features Show details ·  2

Jordoss
Jordosssydney
  GG/GY

If only the gearbox was made properly

bought second hand mazda 6 sport luxury recently,

it has 120 000k and made in 2005. extremely comfortable and very good looking. unfortunately after a couple of days the gears started grinding when going from 2nd to 3rd.

after doing some research on mazda forums worldwide it seems like a massive problem across the globe.

basically the synchroniser is dodgy and mazda has refused to recall it on this issue.

before you consider buying this, just google transmission problem mazda 6 and check for yourself. soooo many people are having the same issue.

cars rent made to last forever, but for the price, you should have reliability. like subaru and toyota give you.
everything except transmission
dodgy synchroniser in gearbox. Show details

Freddy
Freddy

Brilliant

Got a 2012 Diesel Wagon - Yes, great power and gets close to 1000 km per tank!! (highway) and 800 (city)... Incredible considering the power! I would highly recommend this care for any prospective buyers - fuel coast have been halved, even though diesel is a bit more exe at the pump.

arjays
arjaysGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC16 posts

Very reliable and economical

Bought as a demo model with only 4500 klms. Great car very spacious and reliable has now done 130000 klm. Had a problem with air bag warning light and Mazda service were great. Am currently towing a small caravan 1200kg loaded and averaging 11.5 Litres Per 100 klm. Not a problem nearly as big inside as my old Commodore wagon.
Reliable
SueToffulMelbourne20 posts
Noeleter
NoeleterBrisbane43 posts

Ordinary

Very ugly car to look at and the design makes it look much bigger than it is. It is very small on the inside with tiny seats. Also the steering wheel obscures the speedo for anyone but the shortest driver. I would go for a Holden Sportwagon instead. Sheer luxury compared to the Mazda.
Seat position memory
Looks, cramped inside, uncomfortable seats. Show details
SueTofful

Simply raise/lower and/or pull out or in the steering wheel once you have your seat in the desired position. Check your manual.

Jodie B
Jodie BCameron Park, NSW2 posts

Great Car

I have owned a 2011 model since new and I have had no issues at all. Plenty of pick up for an auto, lovely to drive and economical. Only thing Mazda could improve on is to reduce how often it requires servicing. I love the way the car looks from the back and it has loads of storage in the cabin.

Jackw
Jackw

Not a bad car

The Mazda 6 is a pretty good car, it looks good, drives well and is comfortable. But the interior is a bit boring and can be annoying because of the dashboard layout and cheap feel. It's a good car but you're probably better off buying a new Holden Commodore, they are around the same price but are more spacious, drive better and have way more features. But the Mazda is better than a Toyota Aurion.
Drives well, reliable, comfortable
Boring, feels cheap, not many features for the price Show details
Anonymous
Anonymous3 posts

Lost

Was a lovely car,

But seems not very safe.

I was in a car accident, animal collision which caused me to then roll my Mazda 6 luxury sport,

Hatch back.

I got reasonably hurt and still dealing with issues.

But no air bags deployed, and apparently there wasn't enough damage, well I'm now assuming enough damage would mean I'd have to been dead and car a little worse off... But still than, would it really result in air bags deploying??

Air bags deploying may have reduced my injury.

Just so let down, lost my dream car and haven't been the same since.
Lovely car, fuel effiecent... Dream car
Sensors must be set in wrong spot for air bags Show details

AdCarDriver
AdCarDriverAdelaide
  Selected Review GH
LovemyMazda
LovemyMazdaAU

Brilliant car

I bought a 2011 luxury sports hatch. After 28,000kms I am extremely happy with the car. Looks great inside and out, Very comfortable (I regularly do interstate trips) and very good on fuel. Nothing has gone wrong, servicing is very reasonable (hasn't car servicing come down heaps over the years?). I would strongly recommend this car...except now i want the new Mazda 6!
Looks, comfort, features
jassin
jassinSouth East Queensland, QLD41 posts

First Mazda Brilliant Car

Took a leap of faith purchasing our 2012 Mazda 6 Diesel wagon and i must say after nearly a year we are very very happy with it. I cant recommend this car enough to people. 5 litres per hundred highway cycle and mid to high sixes around town. Great power and torque, very comfortable and easy to drive, not too big or small. Out of the cars we have owned in our life this rates the highest.
Diesel Fuel Economy, Torque, Power, Manual, Great size for family, comfortable, price
Factory tyres are horrible, baby seat bolt point on the roof for the middle back seat Show details ·  2
gmat10
gmat10Perth, WA9 posts

Habidere
HabidereMELBOURNE29 posts
  GH

A 4cyl wagon can drive like this?

We bought this new in 2009 as we had outgrown our Subaru Impreza. I was hoping for a Subaru Liberty but my wife preferred the Mazda. I'm glad I listened for once as this car has been so good that I have only one regret. The sparkling black paintwork is a nightmare to maintain.

The grip and handling for a 4cyl family car is unbelievable. The auto works well but motor needs more low to mid range torque. The servicing costs are half of what we were paying and fuel consumption is great compared to the Subaru which wasn't a turbo model.

For a family with 2 children, this car is safe, well made and has all the room we need.
Quality, luggage space
Road noise. Cost of replacement tyres ($1200+ for proper tyres) Show details

Wozzza
WozzzaCANBERRA3 posts
stewob
stewobMid North Coast, NSW5 posts
  GH

Great to Drive and loads of features

Have been a Toyota owner for a long time but this is the 2nd Mazda I have bought and absolutely love it. It comes with absolutely all the extras you need and is extremely economical. Drives really well and certainly is not lacking on power. Really glad I decided to buy!
Good quality and great ride.
Boot space a bit small but not a major problem. Show details
gramel777
gramel777NSW, 25204 posts
  GH

Diesel model is a great car to drive

This was my first new car purchase and my first Mazda.

I am impressed.

This was to replace a previous manual transmission wagon and was looking for a replacement (there are not many options).

The turbo diesel has great power and just pulls up hills with amazing ease. You don't feel like you are driving a diesel.

Had it a year now and am getting 5.9L/100Km - Saving a stack on fuel compared to previous V6 1997 model car.
Great to drive and just and enjoyable car.
Dash position with respect to steering wheel (ie. to have steering wheel and seat at comfortable position then dash is a bit obstructed) Show details

sadlerij
sadlerijVic, 318128 posts

I love this car!

Before the arrival of our baby we moved to a 2 car household, my husband took my Mercedes and I got a stationwagon!! We purchased the Touring wagon and it iis just fantastic, the quality of finish and drive is as good as the Merc. For a big car it doesn't feel bulky, we live in the inner city and it's easy to get around in. Love it!
Feels like a small car but has so much space, great drive quality, high quality interior.
kdje
kdjeAU
James55
James55AU4 posts
  GH

Good

This is a fine car and would suit everyone from singles to larger groups,is easy to drive and park in the shopping centre and equally at home on a longer trip, If you find the ride too harsh replace the tyres with a quality touring tyre like a Toyo Teo and enjoy it even more,highly recommended
Good steering and handling,quality of finish inside and out,good motor and automatic combination,allround driving ease and enjoyment,good economy and value for money
Ride can be over harsh on anything other than perfect roads, I have some doubt about the durability of the seat cloth material,headlights on high beam could be better Show details ·  1
harrow
harrowAU7 posts
Peter-k
Peter-kGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC34 posts

Does everything right

Reliable, fun to drive, reasonably frugal, built beautifully. Feels very individual, not like other cars in the same class. The stereo is brilliant like nothing you get in a car standard. Jack for a iPod. The seats, fittings and materials all have a feel of quality.
Reliable, very zippy, neutral handling, everything is where it,s suppose to be, great sound system.
The satnav is not intuitive Show details
smiffo
smiffoAU2 posts

Excellent car

I've had my MPS for 4 and half years and it has been faultless for the entire time, and has only been back to the dealer for servicing. The fit and finish is excellent, as too is the power and handling. Awesome sound system too. I would definitely buy another mazda.
Power, handling, fit & finish
Excessive road noise on coarse pack bitumen, no rated tow capacity, so can only have a light duty tow hitch fitted. Show details ·  1

Tristan2323
Tristan2323AU
dajonesz
dajonesz3 posts
  GH

i brought my mazda 2 years ago and am usually looking for a new car every year but can honestly say i havnt done that since i got my mazda 6, i love it and my husband had the bt50 ute and he raved bout it too
looks great inside and out very fuel efficient
none, must just be lucky as have had no dramas with mazda Show details
naomid
naomid7 posts
Mel77l
Mel77lSydney39 posts

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.