Mazda CX-3 DK

Mazda CX-3 DK (2015-2020) (page 2 of 4)

Also referred to as: Mazda CX-3 DK 2019 and Mazda CX-3 DK 2021. Akari, Maxx, sTouring, etc...

See the Best Small / Compact SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (13%) · No (87%)

Jan O

Jan OGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best Car I've Ever Bought!

I've always driven a Mazda 3 but this car is way better. It's the same dimensions as my others but it's higher, automatic, economical, & ideal for a senior with back problems. Inbuilt navigation & phone bluetooth are the icing on the cake - I love it! The only draw back is it doesn't have rear hatch release, otherwise it ticks all the boxes.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

David C

David CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not buy a Mazda CX3

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Grace

Grace

Mazda CX-3 Akari

Perfect car for P-platers. Easy to turn corners and manoeuvre. Quiet, streamline and smooth to drive. Beautiful leather interior. A tad squishy for 5 adults to sit in, but a good mini SUV. The i-stop feature, I feel, is clever and efficient. Love the mini display screen, as it helps keep track of the speed limit.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
mitch

mitchCarlingford

Great small SUV

Love this car for its size, good for outdoor activity for 2-3 people despite being a small size. Its quiet and drives really well. However this is extremely small inside and can be uncomfortable for 5 people, but perfect for 4 people. I dont like the headrest however, gives me neck pain after a long drive

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Laura B

Laura B

Perfect car!

I brought my new CX-3 sTouring nearly 2 months ago now & I absolutely love it! The inside and outside of the car is awesome, it’s a small SUV but they have really thought out the space in this car considering it’s size! The inside interior is awesome, I love the splashes of red they have throughout the interior! I had a Mazda 3 previously and they are very similar with running costs, they are quite efficient cars in my opinion and run great!

BadgesTouring
Date PurchasedMar 2018

Jodagal

JodagalGosford

Perfect downsize

I've had 2 years and love all of the added extras. My ruby red color is always complemented and interior is easy to clean. Comfortable ride. Rarely have while family in car but back ok for tall boys for short rides. I wouldn't do a long trip with them though. Back seats fold easily and 2 layer boot is handy. Especially love all the warning systems and control options on gps/ sound system. Great Bluetooth and voice control. Service and warranty has been good wth a couple of basic warranty issues fixed recently such as sticking back seat belt.
Drives and handles well. Economical too.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Guy D

Guy DAU

Great vehicle

My first purchased car and I’m absolutely in love. One of the most reliable things in my life. It’s amazingly fuel efficient, extremely comfortable, and is so easy to drive. The only down side to the Mazda CX-3 would be it’s lack of power, but everything else easily makes up for that.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Connie F

Connie FAU

Highly rated little suv for tight streets of Sydneys inner west.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Brad W

Brad WVictoria

Good at first, then the issues happen

Purchased in July 2015.

Comfort
hasher22

hasher22

Cute little wannabe SUV

I got the 2016 Maxx model, wouldn't buy the base model as Maxx and above models is worth the price.

Drives smooth, handling is great and it has a 'sports' mode for extra power (in-which I dont understand why this car would have a sports mode').

The 2016 model does not have the 'safety package' which was an additional cost add on and the 2017+ models have this as standard!

So I suggest if anyone looking for this model, go for the 2017 model or later.

My car does approx 550km on one tank of fuel, and fuel tank is approx 45 litres. That's highway and city driving.

My max was 700km on one tank but that was driving from Sydney to Melbourne

Date PurchasedSep 2017

HT123

HT123Westmead

Perfect car !!

Bought 2016 Mazda Cx3 last year. It is perfect car for a small family with a lots of good feature. It’s a mini SUV and there is no other car really you can compare in this segment. It’s reliable , very well prized and good interior. I like navigator , Bluetooth and other key features.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Nadia

NadiaMelbourne

Good car

Good car, I have the Akari (top of the range) so it has leather and a sunroof. Paid around 33k brand new and haven’t had any issues with it at all. Drives smoothly and very happy with the safety features, especially auto headlights and auto sensing wiper blades for us lazy people.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Mia U.

Mia U.

Mazda: affordable and reliable!

BadgesTouring
Date PurchasedDec 2017

Titan

TitanSydney

Mazda CX-3 issues

Purchased the car about 2 and a half years ago. The car is good to drive with good steering and power. There is a lot of road noise, especially at higher speeds. The issue is the air conditioning system has had 2 major failures. In the process of getting the air con system replaced under warranty again. Getting stuck with no air con in the middle of summer is not good, I expected better reliability from a Mazda.

BadgeNeo
Date PurchasedApr 2015
Pacific Pines

Pacific PinesGold Coast

Best SUV

I bought my CX - 3 from James Frizelle's in Southport QLD. The service was exceptional from Shane. We went for a test drive and got to experience the car first hand. When it came to pick up point he went through all the car's buttons and programs and even set up my bluetooth!
The car drives really well and I haven't had any major issues with it over the last 2 years. Mazda service always look after me when I go in and always send reminders when you forget.
The car is spacious enough for me and my partner and dogs but we will need to upgrade when we decide to have a family as it may be a bit squishy.
A tank of fuel generally last me over a week and is great on the highway.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Noisy no power

Purchased last year for my girl freind interior for top of the range akera so basic not even electric handbreak or dual climate control no power at all cheap quality interior and we had to many issues with sky active and i stop we found out later that there is much better cars around witn more technology's
We swap 2 mounths ago with new jeep renegade we more happy and compfort and more technology's for limited model that we paid even $3000 less

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Alfred

AlfredMElbourne

Just got it!

Just bought a new Mazda Cx-3 and I'm in love with it. Sleek design.

Great for young couples. Just enough room. Not recommended for a family of 5. Legroom at the back is not as great as in front. Small boot space and not recommended when travelling with 4 large luggage.

Good for driving in city as well. Good fuel efficiency.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Born to shop

Born to shopSydney, NSW

Mazda Akari Manual (2016)

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedApr 2016

John H.asked

aircon not give cold air

maryfrancis3

Hi John. You need to contact your Mazda dealer. It is a known fault in the condenser of the A/C. It is only in some models of the CX3. They will fix the issue free of charge, even if the car is no longer under warranty.
I had mine done a couple of months ago. My car was out of warranty. Did not cost me a cent.

John H.

Hi MaryFrancis, Thank you for this. The car is actually my daughter's and I have passed on your advice which she will use as soon as the Mazda dealer is back
Kind Regards
John Haydon

dclayw
dclayw

Hi maryfrancis3, Appears to be the same problem with my 2016 CX3. I had end of warranty check done in late Sept this year, warranty expired late Nov, and now I have no A/C as of last week.

As my car is now out of warranty there could be an issue getting this known problem fixed at no cost. Would you be able to provide any more details that might help with getting Mazda to fix this issue under warranty, e.g. which dealer, how long out of warranty was your car etc. Can perhaps use your experience as a precedent.

Rod

Rodasked

My steering wheel is showing signs of extreme wear.Car always garaged out of the sun. Same problem on my daughters out of warranty Mazda3: Poor quality.

James

Jamesasked

Hi
When I drive up the hill, my cx3 don't have enough power to go up, I have to step on the accelerator down to the floor. The front left shock absorbers makes noise when I turn the steering wheel. When I start the engine, it doesn't start straight away. It starts within 4 second. I have an accident last month and I didnt see the car infront all of a sudden stoped because it was raining, I hit the breaks too late and bang the back of the other car. My auto breaks didn't apply. Why?
Normally it will apply when it rains and I break too late.
Does my cx3 have a defect auto breaking system?

maryfrancis3

I also have the noise from the front of my car when I turn the steering wheel. Not happy with this car. Also, the aircon stopped working. It turns out that the some models of our car, there is A KNOWN ISSUE and Mazda fixed my car under warranty, even though it has run out. Good luck sorting your issues :)

Get an answer from our members and Mazda representatives