Mazda CX-5

Mazda CX-5 (page 3 of 15)

KE.I, KE.II, KF

• Features
Kevin G

Kevin G

Brilliant Car

I bought my CX5 in November 2012, it is a beauty. I'm retired so don't travel many kilometres per year, after nearly 7 years I've done just 125,000. My car has been serviced every 10,000 by my Mazda Dealer and apart from new tyres at 40,000, it hasn't put a foot wrong. I've never had the slightest problem, I mainly do town travel now but have done day trips of 300-400 ks, I did drive to Queensland and back 5 years ago. I feel sorry for those who have had problems, I thoroughly recommend my Mazda (Petrol version) to anyone. My wife and I recently purchased another Mazda for her, a CX3, and it too is equally brilliant. We did a 600 k trip in it only last week. My CX5 regularly gives economy figures of 7.5 lts per 100 Ks.

Twerpy

TwerpyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Diesel engine issues

Engine oil level too high problem still exists in 2019 build.

The fix for this problem and advised during purchase for the above no longer existing has appeared at 3000 km mark and 5mths Vehicle mainly city driving with a couple of highway 3 hour journeys.

Beware

paul

paulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

zoom boom cx5 diesel

mazda should change its name to zoom boom as my diesel engine failed thanks to oil dilution serviced as per book but at 150 thousand bye bye mazda did replace the donk but with existing issue so it was only time before zoom boom the suv drives great it was a car i could see me keeping for at least 10+ years but after this problem it magically turned into a subaru forester drives just as good if not better

TT57

TT57Melbourne

Great reliable car

This is our second Mazda. I find the car functional, reliable and looks good. I gave 4 Stars because the back doesn’t quite fit 3 baby seats comfortably so we now have to consider another suv which would.

Rola Rahal

Rola RahalSydney, NSW

Great Car

I purchased the Mazda CX5 and I love it. It's a wonderful car, it has a lot of safety tech and they all work perfectly well. This is the first time I own a Mazda and have had no problems with it at all. My next car will certainly be a Mazda.

Masum Billah

Masum BillahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

One of the best car I've ever had

I love my mazda cx5. It's fun and soo comfortable to drive since I got the diesel one. Very good on the freeway and hilly areas, drives effortlessly. Looks very sleek and elegant. Can't fault a thing. Hopefully it will keep going like now for numbers of years.

abjmelbourne

abjmelbournemelbourne

Fun to drive car

I have a Mazda CX 5 and i usually do 70 Km per day. Very happy with the overall performance of the car. Mileage is 9.2 per 100kms with 91 octane fuel. Could have been a bit better. Otherwise I enjoy driving this car. Interior is very posh and I love the BOSE music system. No wonder CX5 is the trending SUV in the Australian car market for years.

Andrew V

Andrew VSydney Surrounds, NSW

Multiple Safety System Malfunction Messages on Hot Sunny Days

Good car but having ongoing problems with multiple safety system malfunction messages.
Cloth seats are comfortable & ride is compliant.
Petrol 2.5L motor is powerful but lacks a bit in low down torque.

Sarahs

Sarahs

Not reliable - don’t buy a lemon

Don’t buy these cars. My Mazda CX-5 diesel needed a new engine after only 90,000km due to a known manufacturing defect. Mazda has dragged it on for months. Not a reliable family car. Lots of maintenance issues once it has done over 80,000km.

Ali

AliMelbourne Australia

Terrible car ! Do NOT buy it

The only good thing about Mazda CX5 is that it is a beautiful sporty car. Otherwise, the maintenance costs are way too high! Maintenance costs are comparable to that of BMW or even Mercedes Benz specially after you drive over and around 100,000 kilometers with your car ! I hate my CX5 with passion! Would buy a proper reliable German car instead of buying a rubbish Japanese car !

Bigman

BigmanHunter Region, NSW

Brilliant car

have purchased a December 2018 GT 2.5 petrol... only had for a short period... truly a superb car.. all the upgraded safety tech.. apple car play..radar cruise...head up display works a treat absolute pleasure to drive.. have had Mazda’s before and ran without any trouble.. will do another review down track...

BadgeGrand Touring
Date PurchasedDec 2018
fshao

fshaoRyde

Product works greatly for me

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Bill

BillLake Macquarie

CX5 Diesel _ Great car to drive but doubts over diesel engine reliability.

Have owned a CX5 GT Diesel for 3 years and it has been a pleasure to drive until recently. I do a long highway commute to work each day, which is why I purchased the diesel (longevity and fuel economy). Everything was fine until recently when the car started to experience loss of power and high engine temperatures (light flashed up on dash). I have it booked into the dealer to be checked, but now that I have done a bit of research it seems the diesel engine has issues with heating and blowing head gaskets, not a good issue to have for a car driven long distances in the Aussie summer. The rest of the car is to the usual Mazda quality standard, but it seems the diesel engine may have a design flaw.

BadgeGT
Engine Size2.2L Twin-Turbo Diesel
Date PurchasedDec 2015
Tom

TomMelbourne

$500 to retrofit android auto / apple carplay on 2 month old car - Ridiculous!

After receiving my brand new Mazda CX-5 GT only 2 months ago i'm now being asked to pay an additional $500 to retrofit android auto/ apple carplay unit which now comes standard on the CX-5. You'd think for people that have recently purchased a CX-5 (ie, in the last 6 months) that they would as a courtesy offer to upgrade the entertainment unit for free or at the very least a subsided price.

Very disappointing as i was expecting more from Mazda.

Will I buy a Mazda again? Hmmm, not so sure now.

BadgeGT
Date PurchasedOct 2018

Buyer beware

Beware! When driving in rainy conditions you can’t bloody see out the windscreen. The angle of the windscreen holds the water even when you have the highest speed working. It’s a new car with new windscreen wipers.
After owning lots of cars this is far the worst.
Absolute nightmare to drive in the wet. Death trap
Love to hear from other owners if they experienced the same problem

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Tim

TimCairns

Fantastic safety features

Used every day about 70-80 k a day. Truly an Suv which is hard to beat for safety features and at the same time great looks all around. Servicing is capped for 3 years and is reasonable priced. One irritation is its very occasional habit of not restarting immediately when engaging gear at traffic lights whilst in skyactiv mode. But otherwise a great car.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedFeb 2017
SuninCuba

SuninCubaPerth, WA

LOVE my New Car!

Parkland Mazda, W.A. were the great people who sold me my first New Car last week. I absolutely LOVE this Car, and can't believe its mine, its such a pleasure to drive - very economical, very light on the steering and whisper quiet. A/C and Sound is great, along with the stylish interior. Turbo Diesel is also very economical and highly recommended. I recommend this Car thoroughly - you won't be sorry you chose it! Thanks Parkland Mazda.

BadgeTouring
Engine Size2.2L Twin-Turbo Diesel
Date PurchasedOct 2018
Bigted

Bigted

Great car

Use this car every day. Typical Mazda no issues. Not a race car but looks great and goes well. Service is expensive at a dealer, but its worth it knowing you will have trouble free driving for years to come. Love the car and will buy Mazda again for sure.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedApr 2016
Amy

AmyMelbourne

Best car I’ve ever owned!

We use this car for family transport mainly. Often driving several hours to the county and back. We chose to do capped servicing with Mazda. I can’t fault this car. It’s been brilliant and the service at Mazda fantastic. I think we will probably need to upgrade to the cx9 when we have a second car.

BadgeMaxx Sport
Date PurchasedOct 2017
Stacey

Staceymelbourne

THE BEST!

Car for everyday commuting and weekend trips with the family and dog. No issues so far. A lovely upgrade with a navman, entertainment options, dashboard screen and controls in the mid section. The controls are a great change to the normal layout as it is less distracting and closer to arms length.

BadgeMaxx Sport