Mazda CX-5

Mazda CX-5 (page 5 of 15)

KE.I, KE.II, KF

• Comfort
Leo

LeoAU

Well-rounded car

Car is a great performer and the Sports mode helps during long distance country driving. Engine noise is quiet and the interior is spacious, for the driver and passengers. The touch-screen navigation system in the center console is very useful and easy to update, you can do it yourself online. The features are great for the price

BadgeAkera
Date PurchasedJun 2016
Ray

RayMelbourne

SUV of the year

Stylish design and very user friendly. Lots of technology such as the awesome active driving display which helps you to know the road’s speed limit. It also displays the GPS. Very quiet and smooth drive. Very fuel efficient and good pick up. Big boot space and comfortable interior. Best SUV ever.

tommy

tommyBrisbane

Good car

It handles very well for a SUV almost like a sedan but with the high driving position. The fuel efficiency is very good at about 7.6l per 100km. The features are very good for the price which is why it is so popular. The downside is there is not much room for rear passengers and there is no aircon for rear passengers.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Mark

Mark

Excellent car for families

Excellent vehicle. Not a fan of the auto though some times the revs kick in real slow and all of a sudden the car is screaming. I was able to hack the Live Traffic Updates for free using some online websites and replacing the software on the SD card so now the wife gets free live updates from Tom Tom. Very spacious. If they fix the auto computer that'd be a 5/5.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Vic

Vic

Good and reliable car with less fuel consumption

Advantages:
- Drives smooth and acceleration is prompt
- Approx. 8.0L/100km fuel consumption with combined traffic which is quite efficient.
- Reliable car, never had any issues for more than 2 years.

Disadvantages:
- The legroom is not that spacious but moderate.
- No auto-lock while driving and no auto-lift for boot
- I-stop can't set to stop by default
- The maintenance/service fee is quite expensive compare to some other brands.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Sukaki

Sukaki

Great, but the passenger seat height cannot be adjusted

It is the quietest car I've ever driven, handling and fuel usage is fine. I dislike how the front passenger seat height cannot be adjusted, sometimes I struggle to stay on the chair because my feat barely touches the ground. The fuel is fine, I only need to refill once a week, I drive 50 minutes each weekday, back and forth to work. Sometimes 400 km drives on weekends to visit parents.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
ASHRUS249

ASHRUS249BAULKHAM HILLS

Good car for the price

Great driving experience, good at handling. OVerall good car for the price you pay..good value for money. The car is easy to drive offers space for goods . This is enjoyable family car with great milage. the entertainment features of this car are pretty good with standard features of reversing camera is good

Date PurchasedMar 2016
jqygt

jqygtMelbourne

Great comfort and large storage

The interior is designed very nice and comfortable with large seating area. On average, every 700km drive will cost me $50 on petrol. The large storage space in boot is really generous which can hold 4 large luggage easily without folding the back seats. There is not much noise when driving but the istop function is a little bit annoying. Every time the engine starts again when istop turns off, the car will vibrate for a second which makes me feel uncomfortable.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Ray W

Ray W

Best car I have driven so far!

Perfect car for a small family. Enough space with a car seat at the back. Driver seat is comfortable with state of the art dashboard. Impressive active driving display with GPS and speed limit on windscreen. However, driving display disappears with polarised sunglasses. Very good pickup and smooth when turning on corners.

Satya

SatyaWestmead

Super

I bought this more than 5 years ego. So far I love this. Can't leave this. You may see so many SUVs in the market but this one was more cheaper and better value for the money. A perfect family car. Pickup was good and I had no issues so far.

Date PurchasedFeb 2012
BenW

BenWGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great value for money and safety standards

Good medium size family SUV.
Quiet and smooth, drives like a car. More safety features compare to other Japanese competitors in same price range.
Lower capped price servicing compare to Volkswagen.
Dislike missing digital speed display in speedo. No net or hooks in boot to hold down stowage.
No road side assist provided with warranty.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Simple and elegant

I actually wanted a family car which not only looks good but also delivers. I was looking into few others models but this one fitted right into the budget and reliablilty. I personally likes it interiors better than its competitors, decent leg room and easy drive. The family loves it!

Gen

GenMelbourne

i bloody love it

Whilst every fortnight when I have to pay for it, I struggle every now and then that is the ONLY downside to this car. I love how it drives, how safe I feel, the gadgets and setup in the car. The navigation system is amazing and updates with real time delays. Id like to be able to have more than one phone connected via bluetooth at a time but I can live without it.
Highly reccommend it to anyone wanting a fantastic SUV.

Engine Size2.2L Twin-Turbo Diesel

Engine Size2.2L Twin-Turbo Diesel

Reid T

Reid T

Decent family car

We are quite happy we upgraded to our CX5.
The driving experience is fine.
All accessories are great but would like some air vent to the back seats.
There is a good amount of space but not as big as we need for 1 child & a dog.
With a pram in the back there is not much more space for other things unless we leave it out.
Overall though, good small family car.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Candice

Candice

In love with my CX5 GT

Should have done this sooner. I find the car itself very comfortable to sit in and drive. Easily adjustable seating , the technology is great, I love the Bose speakers , electric sunroof and I have found that I don’t lose power when the air conditioning is running. So much cheaper on petrol than my last car.

Carkman

CarkmanYanchep

Best car ive ever owned

BadgeCx5
Date PurchasedJul 2014
swampgal

swampgal

Good but front seats really uncomfortable

Anonymous

AnonymousBrisbane

Great!

Wasn’t planning to get this car but in the end we did!!

Great car! Very fuel efficient & great for our love for road trips.
Interior is very modern and luxurious.
The engine is very quiet when driving, navigation needs to be a bit updated as the layout looks a bit old.
But overall, great car!

Michelleasked

CX-5

Hi, I am looking at buying Mazda CX 5 2.0 sport 2020 but after reading reviews concerned at petrol consumption & using more because it doesnt have the power. I live regional but usually drive short distances & planning on a few trips up the coast & using for sleeping in the back. I had toyota corolla which was great on fuel but need a bigger car for carrying thins & sleeping in. Car brokee says it should be fine. Michelle

AbFab
AbFab

I’m a city driver but drove 140 klms today - no problem, quarter of a tank. Used to drive a Jeep Cherokee so the Mazda is a dream!

Thank you. Good to know.

jared b.

jared b.asked

CX-5

Have a 2016 limited edition.
Wanting to know if there is a way to view how many km I have left to go before I need fuel. Most new cars have this. But not sure. Thanks

Ay R.
Ay R.

Info button on the steering wheel will cycle through different options on the instrument panel screen.

Trishasked

CX-5

Purchased CX-5 November 2012 and have driven 65,600 kms and no off road, now the diff has failed and when inspected found to have water inside and completely rusted out! Has anyone else had this problem or know if this problem?

sccouple
sccouple

Hi Trish
Have not seen this problem with a CX5 before. However, saw that a number of new Fords and Toyotas in nth qld experienced similar problems after the Townsville floods.
Early 2012 saw huge amounts of rain and inundation in nsw. Dont wish to be a harbinger of nasties, but wondering if this is a coincidence.

Trish

Maybe, but I didn’t buy it until Nov 2012 and the dealer was waiting on it, but I will look into the weather patterns for that year. Thank you for the info