Mazda CX-7

Mazda CX-7

See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jet A.

Jet A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love this car

I bought mine a year ago, a very good car when it comes to speed, design and engine performance. Being fuel-thirsty beast is the downside of this midsize suv. I drove it interstate for 4 times but still doing great. Never had any big issues with the engine since i bought it. I always make sure services are all up to date.

Purchased in November 2017.

Reza Tabrizi

Reza TabriziSouth East Queensland, QLD

Reliable ...

I bought my Mazda CX7 Turbo Diesel 5 years ago. Still love it. Economy on fuel, roomy and comfy inside and still not very old look outside.
Very powerful engine and reliable steering and break system.
Have never had any issue with it.

Purchased in October 2014 at Westpoint Autos for $23,000.00.

Year2011
Amanda T.

Amanda T.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Worst decision I ever made. Still so mad about it!

Purchased in August 2011 at Mazda Dealers for $43,000.00.

BoughtNew
Year2011

CX& all good

Bought a Cx7 from a lady in Australia with 50k on the clock. White 2.5 litre I have since put 150K on it without a hassle. 220K on the clock going exceptionally well. Have spent almost zero on it save for tyres and rear brakes. Its not a turbo.... anyone who buys a turbo deserves to have issues.

Purchased in February 2015 for $19,000.00.

Year2010

Alpin C.

Alpin C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Never Ever !!

I'm still having this failure machine. It breakdown after 4 days I bought from dealer. Hard to find spare parts, Turbocharger is worst design Mazda ever done it since they build company. I spend more than half price to fix it but still has some problems on it. Don't buy never think of it. Don't fool oneself with cheap precises on market there is a reason why it's so cheap. Because you need to spend half of it to use only few more months.

My case also did not solve by dealership even tough I have 5 year warranty. They are so lazy to fix this problems. 2 months already past and I'm waiting my car.

Purchased in December 2018 for $9,000.00.

TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)
Year2006

Steffie

SteffieNSW, 2650

The Diesel is the bee’s knees

BadgeSports
Date PurchasedJun 2012
DriveAWD

Pretty good SUV,

Not a bad all round SUV.. as others have stated, it is a very thirsty unit, but it is turbocharged so that’s the price you pay for performance. What I don’t get is all the bad reviews abs negative comments on here from owners who have had to replace things.. timing chains are a maintanence item.. turbos will need to be replaced.. cars will develop oil leaks that need repairing,.. it’s not just CX7’s.. all cars require repair and maintainence.. there wouldn’t be any mechanics around if cars were perfect. If you are paying 6,7,8 thousand dollars for a repair at Mazda.. se another mechanic,. You don’t have to go through Mazda if you can save a few grand.. honestly I’m shaking my head and wondering what these people are thinking...

Date PurchasedJul 2007

Ben

BenAdelaide

Money down the drain

I owned a Mazda 323 and loved the car. I purchased a 2007 Mazda CX 7 with 115000 km on it as an upgrade. Wow I made the biggest mistake of my life. One thing let to another from leaks to timing chain replacement to turbo replacement to finally total engine failure at 117000km. Yes, only owned this car for 2000kms. Spent more fixing this car than it’s worth. As I’m writing this the car is currently at the mechanic getting a replacement engine put in. I am forced to spend $5000 for a replacement engine to have some sort of car. After owning this car for only 2000km I’ll be selling it and cutting my losses. Sorry to the next owner of this car.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Steven

StevenPerth, WA

So far so good

Just bought it a couple months back (bring about 8k since bought). So far the car behaves normally. Sometimes the engine light appears due to petrol 95 unlead from woolies and the cap not tight enough. Trans case was leaking when I bought it. I do think this model is a lemon but if you keep serving the car, they do serve you well. Interior is awesome. I really leave it!!!

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Jay

JayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good car but get the history of service

Date PurchasedOct 2011

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Yann

YannGold Coast

Good family car

I have had this car for 6 years now, bought new. My kids love it and nap well in it given it is so comfortable and quiet. We look after it well, service it once a year and no issues at all. It is quite sturdy and looks almost new. What we like is the big boots and fuel consumption (9L/100km) is ok for a 2.5L petrol engine of this weight. Really happy with my purchase. Not sure if there is a pattern, but all the bad reviews seem to be about the 2.3L turbo engine purchased second-hand.

Date PurchasedMar 2012

Terrible driving - terrible driving

Bad, bad, bad car. There are some cheap bad cars, some others are good expensive, some are mid-mid range...
This is bad expensive car...
Expensive service, only option for service...
I don't want to buy Mazda anymore ever.
If you ever choose a car please consider this review. Thank you

Date PurchasedDec 2008

A great dependable drive

A great car from new, A well finished interior, drives well, almost sports car like with some off road capacity.. good fuel economy. I've had no issues, drives like a dream.
All in all a dependable car with plenty of zoom still left in the tank @ 155,000klms

On the downside was Mazda's service costs
( i changed to a quality independent garage for services at 1/3 of the cost.)
The original tyre's composition cut out very quickly, so changed another brand no issues and long life.
Ad Blue top up costs and the diesel particulate system is all part of Mazda's long term money extraction regime, though this too can be got around through a good independent garage.
The built in GPS is a waste of time not all user friendly

Date PurchasedDec 2009
Deb S

Deb SAU

Mazda's Worst Car

Even Mazda Service guys tell me the CX-7 is the lemon of mazda's. I have had mine for a year, purchased second hand from Ross Lewellyn motors. I now have a car loan on a car that I can not afford to fix.

Gear box needs replacing - can't service the gearbox. What a con from Mazda - sell a crappy car and offer no extended warranties even though they know these cars have faults. Turbo is also in need of replacement. $9,000 all up on a car I paid $12,500 for.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Emanresu

EmanresuSydney, NSW

Complete transmission failure after 50,000km's

After only 50,000km's you'd expect a transmission to still be at least half way through it's life, but no, Mazda decide to build a quality that fails super early and out of warranty.
You can't service transmissions, you just have to rebuild or replace them if they fail, costing $5000. Mazda should still cover this epic failure. I'm never buying Mazda again!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2010

Tony

TonyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love my car

I totally recommend the Mazda CX-7 2007 model
I got it from Westgate motors for a good price
The car drives well, it’s a solid safe car and I totally love it. Economical on fuel , large interior you can fit 7 people
Great stereo system A Boss sound system.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

JCDM2018

JCDM2018Sydney

Amazing Vehicle - Needs to be looked after carefully

Date PurchasedNov 2012

Looloo

LoolooMelbourne

The worst investment of my life! Mazda need to own up to making a lemon!

Date PurchasedApr 2008

MrsGoziBear

MrsGoziBearGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect

Purchased as a family car. Great on fuel and cheap to run. Has so much room in the back and easy accessible. Easily fits 2 car seats for kids and still room in between. Perfect for moving house also as roof racks and large space in the back make it a breeze.

Date PurchasedSep 2016