Mazda CX-9 TB (2007-2015)

Mazda CX-9 TB (2007-2015)

It is what it is

On our 2nd CX-9 '13 GT AWD
A great car to drive comfortable family car 4 kids fit and all day trip 8+ hrs driving is a breeze with luggage room to burn
around town drive it like a cruise car and it is great , fuel economy for use ave 12.5l/100km neither bad nor good.
(i always check friends cars ave fuel on their computers and you'd be surprised what some cars do ), but best was 10.1 on highway trips to Townsville and Melbourne from NSW
The tom tom nav system can be frustrating have updated twice and still cant find some rds , but do your homework before you go on whereis being 2013 some features are outdated
Now these cars have power to burn (v6) and to me are so over powered with no effort you can drive this thing like a beast you be surprised how they want to go if you let them ,,,
I wouldn't buy a 2wd after test driving one even my wife had traction control bouncing ( and if you think she's a lead foot 75k in the GT 2mm left on original tyres and still on 1st set of brakes now that's babying hows your form)

But all in All Great car fills the need of the family (4kids) that just didnt want a van
Easy to drive can go anywhere in comfit and room to burn

would i buy another? yes for sure
if i didnt need the 7 seats ? no i would have stuck with the mazda6

Date PurchasedJan 2016
DriveAWD

Worst Bluetooth system

Drives smoothly although the engine is very noisy, besides being a thirsty beast. The Bluetooth system has had issues since we bought the car. Mazda replaced the Bluetooth module but has had no effect. Voice recognition is the worst. If you have an iPhone stay away from this car. It does not work. Very frustrating for A car worth $50k Mazda can do better. I cannot believe Mazda has sold me a lemon. Stay away not sure how good the new 2016-18 Bluetooth system is. There are better options for the sort of money Mazda seeks for this car. Have had 3 CX9 in the family but I believe I have bought my last Cx9. Not recommended does not meet expectations and definitely does not do justice to the Luxury model.

Recommended to Check Bluetooth infotainment system prior to purchase even on the newer model. Check phone compatibility

Date PurchasedNov 2015

love my cx9

- lots of space -- drove 400 Kms to the great ocean road with 6 passengers. everyone has enough leg space.
- 13L/100 Km -- not fuel efficient but a very powerful car. 3.6L engine.
- noise free - I have been driving for 3 years but still no sound from the engine while running

Love driving this car.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Classy economy but feels luxurious

This car drives so smoothly and beautifully. Going on 4 years and never had a problem. The interior feels so spacious and roomy. Dashboard features look gently blended into the care and easy on the eyes, not coarse.
In long distance, it loves its drink. you tend to forget this if you are driving around the suburb.

Date PurchasedJun 2013

One of the very few PROPER 7 seat car, that can sit 7 adults

We bought this car around 4 years ago as we as a family were growing and the car hasn't disappointed us. We were tossing up between this, Kluger and Territory. So lucky we chose this because it's an absolute joy to drive. It's spacious enough to actually accommodate 2 adults in the last row hence I call it a proper 7 seat car. Mechanically there have been ZERO issues since owning it and maintaining is also decent since Mazda has capped price servicing on the car and only need to service the car once every year.

The only negative is the fuel economy. Even on a clear highway to highway run you will be lucky to get close to getting an economy of 12. But, that was something we knew of beforehand and were ready to compromise that vs the driving superiority and internal luxury.

Date PurchasedDec 2013

Smart looking but over rated

I love the look of our Mazda CX-9 Only 55.000 km
The interior is lever though after only 5 years has cracked also the steering wheel
To be honest it’s not as comfortable as I thought I the middle & back seats
The air con doesn’t travel to the back

The air con flooded once
And now it sounds like it’s in over drive with gear issues

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Uhh its ok

I like the handling and performance but it breaks down easily and it is really loud I have the aircon e because the vents break easily but the speaker are absoulty amazing and the blue tooth connection is so good it comes through perfectly almost every time overall it is a goo car but it's has some major issues

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Good car with shortcomings

Drives reasonably, perhaps ordinary for. $55k car being a luxury model (mid range). Has some great features such as lots of space, especially for 3rd row and big boot size if 3rd row is folded down, tilt side mirrors while reversing, sun roof, reasonable music system, large wheels, rain sensor wipers, leather interiors, heated front seats, dual climate control. Downside fuel thirsty, noisy for a car at that price range, bluetooth has very poor integration with IPhone. Making a phone call takes multiple steps an annoying feature, GPS maps are never upgraded despite MAZDA claiming its service gives the advantage

Date PurchasedNov 2015

dream family car

the performance is so good, it is easy to forget the size of the vehicle. the same goes for handling, its light and easy to steer, doesnt roll around corners.
there is SO much room in these cars - both in width of the interior and height. Plus with the cupholders for everyone and rear a/c being a bonus.
Have found to get around 500km to a tank of fuel, with mostly city driving.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Awesome

Love everything about it. Fits a family of six with luggage for family trips. The only 7 seater that has legroom in the third row. We checked them all as we didnt want a mini van.
Heaps of room.
Good performance for a huge car.
Nicely appointed, feels very european in quality.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Serious rust issue - Get your serviceman to open the cover to rear compartment and watch it for your

Mazda has a history of rust issue and Australian versions aren't exceptional. I purchased my CX9-GT in 2012. In 2014, I noticed some rust dots over a small exposed area in the rear compartment and as it wasn't big I kept living with that but in 2016, I asked Mazda dealership to look into it and when they opened the rear compartment, they found a huge rusty area hidden in there. Mazda head office said the rust is not covered by their warranty policy because it is not an outside painted area. So I will be on my own.

Please get your serviceman to open and check under the rear compartment if you saw any tiny piece of rust around.

Date PurchasedMay 2012

Excellent but thirsty

As a family of 7 (4 adults & 3 kids, 1 in a seat), we needed a large people mover. What was important to us was the 3rd row seating and boot space when the 3rd row is is use. I'm 175cm tall and 105kg and can sit comfortably in the 3rd row. A folded pram can be also stored in the boot with the 3rd row in use. Standard creature comforts in the Grand Touring model like Xenon headlights, 2 way sunroof, heated leather seats, satnav, parking camera, front parking sensors and Bose stereo make it very comfortable and a pleasure to drive. The V6 is smooth and quiet however, due to the weight of the car, can be thirsty. We are currently averaging around 420km per tank (70 litre fill up of 98 RON fuel) and using Bridsetone Ecopia tyres at 38psi.
One downside we have had was trying to find a luggage pod that is suitable for this vehicle. Because the mounting points for the roof racks are so far apart, only the premium priced, top of the range/largest Yakima roof pod would fit. To get past this, we bought a roof basket and matching bag to sit on top of the roof racks for our trips away.
The only thig to have gone wrong with the car is the left hand side Xenon HID has died. Turns pink and then turns off. Not bad for a 7 year old vehicle.

Date PurchasedOct 2013

Great family car!

Such a great family car. Bought it brand new and have no plans on getting rid of it. Very economical on fuel. Standard model has great features and is very good quality. The seat material wipes clean very easily (great for kids) Very spacious 7 seater. Everyone who drives it comments what a nice car it is.

Date PurchasedFeb 2013

Great car

Great car, lots of leg room and great boot Capacity.
The only negative is the fuel consumption. Mine is sitting on 13.1. I understand it's a powerful car. Overall still very happy. My kids love the fact that I'm the one who's nominated to drive them and their friends to their sports because of the 7 seats. Happy kids equals happy life.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Best car I have owned!

Quite and smooth to drive. Has so many excellent features including sunroof and heated seating. Very reliable and good on fuel for around town. Perfect car for the whole family with it being a 7 seater. The third row has heaps of room and leg space to fit two fully grown males.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Luxury feel without the price tag!

Feels like you are driving a luxury car. Although it has a smaller engine for it's size it still has heaps of power and gets up to speed fast without any lag even when not in sports mode. Heaps of room with all the latest technology. Great fuel economy also for it's size. The perfect family car. The best car I have had. Love it!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Comfy family car that runs well

Mechanically I can't fault this car. We have had no issues whatsoever.

The boot space is good. With the back seats down, it is incredible!

All seats are comfy, including the back seats. They are easy to lift up and down to convert 5 seats to 7 as needed. Getting into the back seats is tricky if you have child restraints on the middle seats though.

The main issue we have had is parking, as often parking spaces are not wide enough to be able to get small children out of each door easily with people parked either side.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

A driving dream!

For a big car its so quiet and drives like a dream! We are so happy with our new family car the seats are roomy and unlike a lot of other SUVs we looked at, the 6th and 7th seats comfortably fit 2 adults. So much room for luggage and surprisingly good on petrol after a test drive to the ACT. Love it!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Great family car

Love driving this car - lots of power. Interior great, but would love leather seating. I love the blue tooth and reverse camera makes parking very easy. Plenty of room for three car seats across the middle and easy to strap kids in and out of car.
Awesome boot size for prams, port a cots and everything that comes with children without feeling like a massive car

Date PurchasedJul 2016

A good car with minor issues

I got 2007 CX 9. Had a great experience. But recently the paint started peeling off from just near rear door which is shocking. Driving, performance and handling of Mazda is great. I fell in love with shape. Interior is great design but poor quality. One of main problem with A/C is not having enough cooling for the third row seats.

Date PurchasedFeb 2011