Mazda CX-9 TB

Public safety concerns

Be aware, there is a factory recall on the brake booster. Mazda is not informing all its customers because it costs too much and the local dealers would not pay out of their pocket to replace them. Instead, they will fix it on the need to repair basis. My brakes completely failed at 63K even though there was plenty of life left on the brake pads. Bottom line, Mazda could care less about your safety. Please call your local dealer and verify this information

Purchased in May 2017 for $25,000.00.

Noise Level
Features
Comfort

It is what it is

On our 2nd CX-9 '13 GT AWD
A great car to drive comfortable family car 4 kids fit and all day trip 8+ hrs driving is a breeze with luggage room to burn
around town drive it like a cruise car and it is great , fuel economy for use ave 12.5l/100km neither bad nor good.
(i always check friends cars ave fuel on their computers and you'd be surprised what some cars do ), but best was 10.1 on highway trips to Townsville and Melbourne from NSW
The tom tom nav system can be frustrating have updated twice and still cant find some rds , but do your homework before you go on whereis being 2013 some features are outdated
Now these cars have power to burn (v6) and to me are so over powered with no effort you can drive this thing like a beast you be surprised how they want to go if you let them ,,,
I wouldn't buy a 2wd after test driving one even my wife had traction control bouncing ( and if you think she's a lead foot 75k in the GT 2mm left on original tyres and still on 1st set of brakes now that's babying hows your form)

But all in All Great car fills the need of the family (4kids) that just didnt want a van
Easy to drive can go anywhere in comfit and room to burn

would i buy another? yes for sure
if i didnt need the 7 seats ? no i would have stuck with the mazda6

BadgeGrand Touring
Date PurchasedJan 2016
DriveAWD

Big car but great...

When I first got this car I had to adapt to driving a car which was much bigger than any prior car that I would have driven before. However now that I am driving it for a year, I am extremely happy with having gone up a car size or two. The boot space is amazing and perfect for a trip away, or just to fit in my child's pram and the shopping. I love the rear camera as it obviously helps with parking. This is our family car and we drive it daily. Would have liked it if it had a navigation system however...

Date PurchasedOct 2016

CX 9 Lemona

Brakes make a crunching and grinding noise, it has continuously been back to Mt Gravatt Mazda for over 18 months. Still not fixed, plenty of excuses and and hyperbole about this and that. This car has been back to the dealership on over 30 occasions, with plenty of other issues. I am tempted to spray paint a big lemon on the back of it and park it out the front. Stay away

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great car

This is our daily drive. We do more than a 1000km a month. The CX9 is a very comfortable car with great safety features. The 7 seat option is the best around. Comfy even for adults in the third row, and easy to get in and out.
Stack of room in the boot.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Worst Bluetooth system

Drives smoothly although the engine is very noisy, besides being a thirsty beast. The Bluetooth system has had issues since we bought the car. Mazda replaced the Bluetooth module but has had no effect. Voice recognition is the worst. If you have an iPhone stay away from this car. It does not work. Very frustrating for A car worth $50k Mazda can do better. I cannot believe Mazda has sold me a lemon. Stay away not sure how good the new 2016-18 Bluetooth system is. There are better options for the sort of money Mazda seeks for this car. Have had 3 CX9 in the family but I believe I have bought my last Cx9. Not recommended does not meet expectations and definitely does not do justice to the Luxury model.

Recommended to Check Bluetooth infotainment system prior to purchase even on the newer model. Check phone compatibility

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Great 7 seaters for the price

Had mine for more than a year now. The AWd fully optioned. I agree with most of the posu]it I’ve reviews.
Plus
- quiet comfortable to drive
- third row is full seat and relatively easy to access.
- small engine but drives well up the hill, highway and city.
- good fuel economy for the size.
- cheap service. (Compared to similar size German SUV like Audi Q7).
This is a long and wide car.

Wish list
- door should auto lock once driven
- CD players.... yes i still want my CD players.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

love my cx9

- lots of space -- drove 400 Kms to the great ocean road with 6 passengers. everyone has enough leg space.
- 13L/100 Km -- not fuel efficient but a very powerful car. 3.6L engine.
- noise free - I have been driving for 3 years but still no sound from the engine while running

Love driving this car.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Classy economy but feels luxurious

This car drives so smoothly and beautifully. Going on 4 years and never had a problem. The interior feels so spacious and roomy. Dashboard features look gently blended into the care and easy on the eyes, not coarse.
In long distance, it loves its drink. you tend to forget this if you are driving around the suburb.

Date PurchasedJun 2013

I like the way it drives but it suffers from some quality issues.

I like the way it drives, the space and modern comforts but it suffers from some quality issues which are becoming apparent after 1.5 years of ownership. Rust started appearing on the roof and body panels even though it’s still under warranty. Dealer has been a nightmare to deal with and warranty claims seem impossible. Overall disappointed with it as quality issues let the sporty Mazda down.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

One of the very few PROPER 7 seat car, that can sit 7 adults

We bought this car around 4 years ago as we as a family were growing and the car hasn't disappointed us. We were tossing up between this, Kluger and Territory. So lucky we chose this because it's an absolute joy to drive. It's spacious enough to actually accommodate 2 adults in the last row hence I call it a proper 7 seat car. Mechanically there have been ZERO issues since owning it and maintaining is also decent since Mazda has capped price servicing on the car and only need to service the car once every year.

The only negative is the fuel economy. Even on a clear highway to highway run you will be lucky to get close to getting an economy of 12. But, that was something we knew of beforehand and were ready to compromise that vs the driving superiority and internal luxury.

Date PurchasedDec 2013

Smart looking but over rated

I love the look of our Mazda CX-9 Only 55.000 km
The interior is lever though after only 5 years has cracked also the steering wheel
To be honest it’s not as comfortable as I thought I the middle & back seats
The air con doesn’t travel to the back

The air con flooded once
And now it sounds like it’s in over drive with gear issues

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Super car

Worth the price you paid for. I got the version with AWD, Sun roof, Leather Seat, and Bose audio system.
It feels very high tech, design is almost perfect.
Turbo engine also very powerful, never had the sluggish feeling like CX-5 does.
Only thing is the third passenger row is not very spacious (like Kia Carnival), but if you don't constantly have passengers on the third row, it should be a perfect car for you.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Luxury

Mazda CX-9.
Looks and feels amazing-the dash lights up perfectly-interior is very comfortable and can not find a fault to the design, heated seats. Perfect for bug families ,Very spacious no matter where your seating, performance is AAA+
Very smooth drives in the CX-9’s.

Mazda CX-9 is Definitely a head turner.
LOVE IT

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Uhh its ok

I like the handling and performance but it breaks down easily and it is really loud I have the aircon e because the vents break easily but the speaker are absoulty amazing and the blue tooth connection is so good it comes through perfectly almost every time overall it is a goo car but it's has some major issues

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Good car with shortcomings

Drives reasonably, perhaps ordinary for. $55k car being a luxury model (mid range). Has some great features such as lots of space, especially for 3rd row and big boot size if 3rd row is folded down, tilt side mirrors while reversing, sun roof, reasonable music system, large wheels, rain sensor wipers, leather interiors, heated front seats, dual climate control. Downside fuel thirsty, noisy for a car at that price range, bluetooth has very poor integration with IPhone. Making a phone call takes multiple steps an annoying feature, GPS maps are never upgraded despite MAZDA claiming its service gives the advantage

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Excellent family car

Was sceptical to begin with but now a complete convert. Our 7 seater CX-9 is a great family car with plenty of space for our 5 member family, great looks and excellent technology. We also have a Mercedes-Benz as the alternative car and yet the Mazda is becoming the car if choice for most family activities. Fuel efficiency is not perfect but then again it is a heavy 7 seater car even though it drives and feels like a mid size SUV.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

dream family car

the performance is so good, it is easy to forget the size of the vehicle. the same goes for handling, its light and easy to steer, doesnt roll around corners.
there is SO much room in these cars - both in width of the interior and height. Plus with the cupholders for everyone and rear a/c being a bonus.
Have found to get around 500km to a tank of fuel, with mostly city driving.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Awesome

Love everything about it. Fits a family of six with luggage for family trips. The only 7 seater that has legroom in the third row. We checked them all as we didnt want a mini van.
Heaps of room.
Good performance for a huge car.
Nicely appointed, feels very european in quality.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Serious rust issue - Get your serviceman to open the cover to rear compartment and watch it for your

Mazda has a history of rust issue and Australian versions aren't exceptional. I purchased my CX9-GT in 2012. In 2014, I noticed some rust dots over a small exposed area in the rear compartment and as it wasn't big I kept living with that but in 2016, I asked Mazda dealership to look into it and when they opened the rear compartment, they found a huge rusty area hidden in there. Mazda head office said the rust is not covered by their warranty policy because it is not an outside painted area. So I will be on my own.

Please get your serviceman to open and check under the rear compartment if you saw any tiny piece of rust around.

BadgeGrand Touring