5Mazda CX-9

Mazda CX-9 Questions & Answers (page 2)

Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.
Carvaan
Carvaan · CX-9

Hello. Just thinking of buying a new CRV 7 seater or cx9. Just wondering what sort of mileage you guys getting with cx9? Thanks in advance.

Sharon Reid
Sharon Reid

I'm not really sure but I have had my car for 2+yrs and my reading is 13.1litres per 100km - on the high side.

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

Around town 18.7L/100kms and highway 12.8L/100kms. Remember SUV's are trucks over 2T, not little hatchbacks that use 6-10L/100kms wherever they go.

Mandy · CX-9

Price of Mazda 3 x 9 please?

Illusion22

My CX-9 Touring was $46,300.

iryinna

mazda cx9 ,2017 signature trim 44000$ (auburn napa leather seats,navigation,...etc )

How much is masda 6 plese

Praxad
Praxad · CX-9 TC (2016-2024)

Hi,

We test drove CX-9 GT a few weeks ago and while the car seems really nice we had a couple of concerns. We drove the one with black leather seats and it was quite dark and stuffy even on this sunny day which I guess it is due to CX-9's tiny sunroof and lack of third-row air vents. Any owner wants to share their experiences? Does the Ivory leather seats make it any brighter inside?

Thanks in advance,

Neil

Aravind

I had a Honda CRV with beige leather seats so opted black leather seats on my new CX9. I'm really happy with it, as it blends well and doesn't show off the dirt. With the third row, I don't use them often, but you are right, the absence of air vents is a little disadvantage.Sunroof is tiny compared to kia sorento's large Moonroof , but i'm still happy with it.

Illusion22

We have the black interior and don't find it dark and stuffy at all. In fact having children I much prefer the black.

iryinna

try the cx9 signature 2017,auburn leather seats ...awesome!!!!

Naysar
Naysar · CX-9

Hello Everyone

Bought CX9 Alamo last week drove 700km

Today the navigation screen doesn't load up and shows message "loading navigation"

Any suggestion why?

Aravind

Just try eject and re insert the SD card. It should do the trick.

Manny
Manny · CX-9 TC (2016-2024)

Hi All. We are considering CX-9 sport FWD and was wondering about real world fuel consumption especially in city driving conditions. Given that past Mazda models have a history of poor fuel efficiency it would be really helpful to know what owners experience in real world. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Flat White
Flat White

Hi Manny. I drive out to Amberley from Brisbane almost daily. The average consumption as indicated on the dash is about 9l/100km. Which is not too bad for an SUV of this size. But if you will be doing mostly town driving, I'd say that it may go to 11L/100km. But comparing this 2.5L Turbo petrol engine to the competition (Kluger, Sorento all have 3.3/3.5 V6 engines, Santa Fe has 2.2l petrol version but nowhere near the performance of the CX-9), the consumption you get from the CX-9 is really good. The start-stop feature for the engine also helps with consumption, don't ever switch this off if you want to save on some fuel. I personally think that it is good for a company to have a history, good or bad. They learn from it and boy, did Mazda ever learn. Hope this helps.

Dave
Dave

Hi Manny, We purchased the new CX9 back in Jan2017. A little bit disappointed with the fuel consumption. We get on average around 13.5/14.5L every 100km which mostly includes driving in Sydney traffic. The reading improves once on the motorway (get around 9-11L every 100km) so overall not happy with fuel consumption. I have asked two other owners of the new CX9, thinking there was something wrong with my car but they have said the same thing (ie around the 13.5L every 100km). Not sure how Mazda can get away with claiming their fuel consumption figures. Anyway, other than that the car goes great, more that enough power and very easy to drive for such a big car.

Hope this helps.

amylee
amylee · CX-9 TC (2016-2024)

Hi there.

We have purchased the cx-9 touring FWD and I was wondering how everyone felt about it not having front sensors? I'm just worried as the bonnet is so long! Any tips would be appreciated on how to navigate the front without damaging the front, I almost had a heart attack driving it in an underground car park. Love it but it's huge!

Danielle
Danielle

I think it is something you get used to over time. Previously I had a Mazda 3 so it is definitely a big difference to park and navigate around car parks, but I'm aware of how much bigger the car is and find an appropriate spot for it.

Ehsan
Ehsan · CX-9 TB (2007-2015)

Hi just a wanna know the 2013 Mazda CX-9 Luxury TB Series 5 Auto 3.7 engine is front wheel drive or 4×4 ? If it's 4×4 then in the websit says front wheel drive?

Anthony
Anthony

The 2013 Mazda CX9 came in both an AWD and 2 wheel drive version (which is front wheel drive) so you would need to check with the seller.

Thanks mate

Miranda_83

I have the 2015 luxury model which is front wheel drive only. The grand touring edition is 4x4 I'm not sure about the 2013 model sorry

khan
khan · CX-9

could anyone help me I'm looking at the 2016 Mazda cx9 touring AWD wanting to know if the sound system in the car is bose speakers ? and if its any good?

Miranda_83

hi there yes all Mazda have Bose speakers i cant speak for the new cx9 model but our 2015 bose speakers are fantastic!

Snoopy
Snoopy

In the new Mazda CX-9 only the GT and Azami models have Bose speakers.

The Sport and Touring models do NOT have Bose speakers but they are good enough for me.

Lorenzo
Lorenzo · CX-9

How do i know if my Madza Cx-9 Sports Utility is a 2wd or a 4wd.. i need to know for my routers and brakes

S. Harvey
S. Harvey

It will be on your registration paperwork. Pretty sure all CX-9's are All Wheel Drive (awd).

Jay
Jay

Look in your purchase paperwork

Deep20
Deep20 · CX-9

Hi guys! I am interested in buying 2008 cx9 luxury, the car has done 110000 kms. The car looks in perfect condition but just a bit scared of buying this old car.

Please help!

Bel
Bel

Hi, Can't advise you about that specific car but I bought mine new 7 years ago, and it has now done 110,000km. So far not one problem. Love the car. No intention of trading it till the kids are grown and I no longer need 7 seats. Hoping not to have to worry for at least another 5 years. Good Luck with your decision :).

Ever hopeful
Ever hopeful

I have a 2009 which pretty much the same car and it has been flawless to this point. Only done 100,000 though so still a baby really. I'll be hanging on to mine for another 4 years I'd guess. Dam good car for my needs (4 kids).

jono_h
jono_h

I'm going to be objective here and give advice based on the facts you stating. While I love my CX9 and hope I drive it till the wheels fall off. Its worth noting the what you looking it is over 100k in mileage and is 8 years old. Cars can be appear in immaculate condition but unless you a mechanic there is no telling what you buying or whether the previous owner actually looked after it or not. Have you considered buying a certified used Mazda CX9. While it may cost you more upfront it may offer you re-assurance / save you money down the line. Deals will alway come up so don't feel pressured to buy something based on a limited time offer. Good Luck

Haroon
Haroon

I have 2007 Cx 9 with 105,000 km and still going great. Never got any issues. I think you should keep in mind one thing that CX 9 hasn't got market demand as compare to Prado or Kluger (in case if u decide to sell in future) but again u won't pay as much as these models for same year model and mileage.

sumitchawla06 · CX-9

Having said that I got a quote of 49K for Luxury, just can't make up my mind between CX9 or Nissan pathfinder.

i am worried on fuel with CX9, any suggestions?

Tanya J
Tanya J

Hiya, just wondered if you had made a decision? We are in the same boat, deciding between the CX9 & Pathfinder! Fuel economy worries me with the CX9.

sumitchawla06

That's right I'm with u, I saw 7 seater fiat crossroad all fully loaded in 40k still confused huge saving 10k to 15k saving what u think?

Nancy Gaspar Brown
Nancy Gaspar Brown · CX-9

How do i turn the 4wd on in a 2008 cx9 limited edition?

ajhoward
ajhoward

Its always on.

CHCX9
CHCX9 · CX-9

I just bought a cx9 2013 and noticed a buzzing noise when you turn the ignition just before you start the engine. I have read online that apparently this is normal although other people say that they don't hear it. Have you noticed the same?

Also is your engine a bit noisy when you push it too?

Darryl Ebbett
Darryl Ebbett

This is the fuel pump priming the fuel system to start the engine. Perfectly normal.

Tom123
Tom123 · CX-9

I have a 2012 CX9 FWD. Given the size of the car, getting it into a parking spot often requires turning the steering wheel to the full locking position and moving at a very low speed. I have experienced the car mildly lunging forward (while in D) or backward (while in R) when steering it into a parking spot. I understand that this car is still using a power steering setup the draws additional power from the engine when needed. The Mazda dealer has indicted this is normal for this car and noted in the invoice that the driver should exercise caution. Anyone has a similar experience?

brian

That sounds normal to me as well

Josie
Josie · CX-9

Parents with the cx5 or cx9; I have two kids (5 and 2 ) so will have two car seats to put in, how does that affect space to put the back row up? Is the boot still big enough? Is the gogomobile worth the price for the 7 seats or is the cx 5 just as good??

brian

Why would you want extra seats put in there / it would just means you have to look after more people and someone stacks into the vehicle from the back its less safe / my advice is to stick to 7 seater idea

bernard
bernard · CX-9

I just bought a 2nd hand 2007 mazda cx9 grand touring, I'm really curious to know if it's a 2wd or Awd. How can i know? it's not in the manual, the dealer does not know since i bough my mazda in a Toyota dealer :) on some cars you can actually see if its a 4wd since it is written in the back. So how would i know if it's 2wd or 4wd?

And what are the negatives and positives you can say about mazda cx9 2007 if you own one. thanks

Hi bernard,

I own a 2008 mdl luxury.CX9.

Its probably the same as mine which is a 2 wd with awd crossover, when the car feels it necessary. I think you can find out by calling Mazda direct.

I absolutely love my car, its quiet and comfy, easy to drive . We just mde 60,000km. And hasn't missed a beat.

I love the seat configuration in the back.

One thing gets to me, is I cant reach the windscreen to clean it properly, lol. (I have short arms!)

Hope you enjoy your car, & luxury driving.

A word of warning, if you drive too hard and fast, the cost of running will skyrocket!

We tow our 2.5 tonne boat as well, and she handles very nicely.

Cheers

Libbibet

Me
Me · CX-9

On average how much does it cost to fill the tank and how long will it last, if you drove each day around the city? Can you fit 2 car seats, with the back seats down and still have room for prams etc in the boot?

LittleBitOpinions

On average we spend $80.00 a fortnight depending on how much running around we do.

I am not sure about whether a pram would fit, if all the 7 seats were being used.

It's got heaps of room if you have the middle seats at the standard position!

We even put a large washing machine in the rear!!

Go and test drive one, you will see for yourself. :-)

Rachel
Rachel · CX-9

Just wondering if a Mazda CX9 would be suitable to take to Morton Island for driving on sand tracks. Im worried it wont be high enough.

LittleBitOpinions

Hi Rachel. If you want to do sand bashing on a regular basis, the Mazda CX-9 is not the car for you.

The CX-9 is a luxury car.

I would rent a car for beach driving.

I would keep my CX-9 for cruising. :-)

Cheers.

Nat · CX-9

Been looking to buy mazda 2012 mazda cx9 2wd but have been scared by fuel consumption..can anyone tell me what it really is...doing city driving only?! On 2012/11.

Viking
Viking

I have a 2010 model which I bought new and have done 79000k's. Most of the driving has been city driving with the occasional long trip here and there. It averages 14.1l/100km.

Nat

Thanks for that info...is your a 2 wd or 4 wd? And i have been warned about cost of servicing..are you able to tell me the average you pay?...Really like the car but every one is warning me about the running cost?...

Vikram68

I have 2011 Mazda CX9 2WD luxury sports model, drives smooth...with fuel consumption, it's V6 3.7 liter engine so it's going to drink bit of petrol but if you drive carefully & without speeding it gives a reasonable fuel economy in city, i drive in manual mode & gives me an average of 13.5/100 kms, with servicing if you service to NRMA, KMART or ULTRA TUNE they are cheaper than you service to Mazda service centres & it won't affect your warranty as well & your log book will still get stamp, i had 6 months service free but paid $345 for my 2nd service & everything gets serviced according to log book. I am planning to sell this car as i have now compnay car, if you are intersted to buy let me know, mine is as good as brand new with only 20,000 kms & can negotiate the price....

Brian H
Brian H

Vikram68

I'm curious to know more about your vehicle - pls send thru specs including colours

Select a listing for your question
Mazda CX-9

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.