5Mazda CX-9

Mazda CX-9

5Mazda CX-9

79% · 10923 · 17%
Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.

Scott
ScottBrisbane

CX 9 Lemona

Brakes make a crunching and grinding noise, it has continuously been back to Mt Gravatt Mazda for over 18 months. Still not fixed, plenty of excuses and and hyperbole about this and that. This car has been back to the dealership on over 30 occasions, with plenty of other issues. I am tempted to spray paint a big lemon on the back of it and park it out the front. Stay away

Jim S
Jim SGoulburn8 posts

Great car

This is our daily drive. We do more than a 1000km a month. The CX9 is a very comfortable car with great safety features. The 7 seat option is the best around. Comfy even for adults in the third row, and easy to get in and out.

Stack of room in the boot.

Liz
Liz
Viv
VivSydney14 posts
I like my coffee
I like my coffeeSydney3 posts

Great 7 seaters for the price

Had mine for more than a year now. The AWd fully optioned. I agree with most of the posu]it I’ve reviews.

Plus

- quiet comfortable to drive

- third row is full seat and relatively easy to access.

- small engine but drives well up the hill, highway and city.

- good fuel economy for the size.

- cheap service. (Compared to similar size German SUV like Audi Q7).

This is a long and wide car.

Wish list

- door should auto lock once driven

- CD players.... yes i still want my CD players.

aaykay
aaykayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC10 posts

love my cx9

- lots of space -- drove 400 Kms to the great ocean road with 6 passengers. everyone has enough leg space.

- 13L/100 Km -- not fuel efficient but a very powerful car. 3.6L engine.

- noise free - I have been driving for 3 years but still no sound from the engine while running

Love driving this car.

Lot
LotSydney, NSW2 posts
  CX-9 TB Luxury

Classy economy but feels luxurious

This car drives so smoothly and beautifully. Going on 4 years and never had a problem. The interior feels so spacious and roomy. Dashboard features look gently blended into the care and easy on the eyes, not coarse.

In long distance, it loves its drink. you tend to forget this if you are driving around the suburb.

Phil H
Phil HThe Mallee, VIC7 posts
  CX-9 TC Sport

Great 7 seater

This is the first Mazda we brought and we will never regret it not only do you get a great drive but you feel like your in a top of the range car. The space for kids is great the boot space is very large in fact better then others. Safety gear is on point to

GLSAuckland, NZ4 posts
  CX-9 TB Luxury

I like the way it drives but it suffers from some quality issues

I like the way it drives, the space and modern comforts but it suffers from some quality issues which are becoming apparent after 1.5 years of ownership. Rust started appearing on the roof and body panels even though it’s still under warranty. Dealer has been a nightmare to deal with and warranty claims seem impossible. Overall disappointed with it as quality issues let the sporty Mazda down.

GLS

By way of an update, Mazda has eventually offered a replacement. I have had the new car for a few months and have not had any major problems with it. So far so good.

Brett
BrettCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC8 posts
Dr Cesar
Dr CesarBEELIAR, WA9 posts
  Verified CX-9 TC Sport FWD, 2.5L Petrol

I LOVE OUR CX-9 MAZDA!

Our Mazda CX-9 is a great-looking, comfortable, and well-built seven-seater that feels better to drive than any other big SUV near its price. Its turbo-petrol engine is economical and feels surprisingly sporty. What we like! FOUR STARS Safety, value & features, FOUR STARS Comfort & space, FOUR STARS Engine & gearbox, FOUR STARS Ride & handling, FOUR STARS Technology, FOUR STARS Shrink-wrapped dynamics, FOUR STARS Perky engine, FOUR STARS User-friendly cabin.

moifa
moifaSydney, NSW24 posts
  CX-9 TC Touring

Excellent 7 Seater with great styling at a good price

I love the styling, interior comfort/space, fuel economy and the quietness of the car. There is decent space behind the third-row seat which can even fit a pram. The boot space beat other people mover like Toyota Tarago, Honda Odyssey because this car is more than 5m long. The second row can fit 2 children car seats and an adult in the middle. The 2.5L petrol turbo engine is decent and quiet, but it will be better if there is a diesel engine option.

If you want a good looking and comfortable 7 seater SUV at a great price, go check out this great car. I highly recommend it.

Young
YoungMelbourne2 posts
vchan
vchanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts

Amazing car!amazing drive

The feel and drive is smooth. Legroom is very good, handling also amazing.

Noise is very less. Interiors look very classy

This car is the best SUV in the same price range

Downside: petrol thirsty , preferred a analog speedometer and the back camera line guidance is not very good

JHP

AudreyMelbourne4 posts
Barb
Barb5 posts
  CX-9 TB Luxury

Smart looking but over rated

I love the look of our Mazda CX-9 Only 55.000 km

The interior is lever though after only 5 years has cracked also the steering wheel

To be honest it’s not as comfortable as I thought I the middle & back seats

The air con doesn’t travel to the back

The air con flooded once

And now it sounds like it’s in over drive with gear issues

Amandeep
AmandeepBrisbane4 posts

Awesome car

Been driving for 12 months now. I love the driving experience. Running costs are quite low and it is very reliable.

It is full of great features like cruise control, auto city braking, reverse assist, electronic brakes, sat nav, keyless entry.

I would recommend it to families with kids.

Tian
TianSydney5 posts

Super car

Worth the price you paid for. I got the version with AWD, Sun roof, Leather Seat, and Bose audio system.

It feels very high tech, design is almost perfect.

Turbo engine also very powerful, never had the sluggish feeling like CX-5 does.

Only thing is the third passenger row is not very spacious (like Kia Carnival), but if you don't constantly have passengers on the third row, it should be a perfect car for you.

Carvaan
CarvaanPerth WA65 posts

It’s a Dream car, we have rejected Audi Q7 for it

Absolutely a delight to drive.

Not to mention enough torque and ability to pull a 2plus tonne vehicle.

We have tried allot of vehicles but nothing came close to the cx9.

As much as I hate the badge on them, it’s a dream to drive.

I hate diesels, their pick ups their sound, their ability to cause lung cancer

minostyle
minostyleAdelaide
  CX-9 TC Sport
Stella
StellaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC6 posts

Luxury

Mazda CX-9.

Looks and feels amazing-the dash lights up perfectly-interior is very comfortable and can not find a fault to the design, heated seats. Perfect for bug families ,Very spacious no matter where your seating, performance is AAA+

Very smooth drives in the CX-9’s.

Mazda CX-9 is Definitely a head turner.

LOVE IT

turbomond
turbomondPerth, WA8 posts

Great family SUV!!

So far so good. Love the LED headlights! Great safety features. Great 3rd row seating.

Only cons so far: 1.No auto door lock functions. 2.No rear split glass option. 3.Headlight has to be manually turned on in the rain (my previous vehicle turns on headlight after 7 sweeps of the wiper). 4.For a vehicle of this price, no LED DRLs in the lesser 2 models.

Arun Pai
Design
Max
MaxMt eliza6 posts

Uhh its ok

I like the handling and performance but it breaks down easily and it is really loud I have the aircon e because the vents break easily but the speaker are absoulty amazing and the blue tooth connection is so good it comes through perfectly almost every time overall it is a goo car but it's has some major issues

Viv
Viv9 posts

Good car with shortcomings

Drives reasonably, perhaps ordinary for. $55k car being a luxury model (mid range). Has some great features such as lots of space, especially for 3rd row and big boot size if 3rd row is folded down, tilt side mirrors while reversing, sun roof, reasonable music system, large wheels, rain sensor wipers, leather interiors, heated front seats, dual climate control. Downside fuel thirsty, noisy for a car at that price range, bluetooth has very poor integration with IPhone. Making a phone call takes multiple steps an annoying feature, GPS maps are never upgraded despite MAZDA claiming its service gives the advantage

Betty Z
Betty Zsydney8 posts
  CX-9 TC GT

Excellent family car, big third row space

Comparing with other 7 seater car, CX9 has generous third row space, it can easily fit a adult comfortably. The center console in cx9 is modern, and easy to use. The car is very quiet when driving, this is helpful especially I have a 6 weeks old baby in the car.

Iklist
Iklist7 posts

Excellent family car

Was sceptical to begin with but now a complete convert. Our 7 seater CX-9 is a great family car with plenty of space for our 5 member family, great looks and excellent technology. We also have a Mercedes-Benz as the alternative car and yet the Mazda is becoming the car if choice for most family activities. Fuel efficiency is not perfect but then again it is a heavy 7 seater car even though it drives and feels like a mid size SUV.

L.M Beecroft
L.M BeecroftSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

I LOVE my CX9 - perfect for the larger family

Having been a Mazda lover all my life and upgrading from the CX5 the jump to the CX9 after baby 3 was a push with the worry it would be too big to manage. It turns out it's just as easy to drive as the CX5 and Mazda 3. It has more power and is far more responsive than the CX5 was making it an impressive upgrade. It is quiet, smooth to drive and the safety features are incredible. The blindspot detect is handy especially when the back row of seating is occupied. Fuel economy is great too. Would buy another in a heart-beat.

Keen
KeenWollongong29 posts

dream family car

the performance is so good, it is easy to forget the size of the vehicle. the same goes for handling, its light and easy to steer, doesnt roll around corners.

there is SO much room in these cars - both in width of the interior and height. Plus with the cupholders for everyone and rear a/c being a bonus.

Have found to get around 500km to a tank of fuel, with mostly city driving.

Day day
Day dayAU4 posts

Awesome

Love everything about it. Fits a family of six with luggage for family trips. The only 7 seater that has legroom in the third row. We checked them all as we didnt want a mini van.

Heaps of room.

Good performance for a huge car.

Nicely appointed, feels very european in quality.

Vicraz
VicrazMelbourne4 posts
  Verified CX-9 TC GT

Great family vehicle with loads of fun but could have been perfect!

The handling is outstanding; it doesn't feel like driving a 7 seats, and more like a sedan. The steering wheel is very accurate and light. Good modern features assist not only safety but also driving experience.

Running cost has been somewhat reasonable; with average 10.5 l/ 100k running on Unleaded 91.

There is a gap between 3rd row(when folded down) and 2nd row; stuff can often fall to the gap when left them in the cargo space. Also it doesn't have automatic folding side mirrors even in the top model.

iryinna
iryinnaAU9 posts

The car is perfect !!!

We got our Mazda CX-9 signature and I'm very happy I love everthyng about this car from he leather color to the way it drives .. more than enough legroom .. was nice if the moonroof was bigger ! Otherwise I love it .. the best car I ever driven !!!

Ali
AliSydney, NSW
  Verified CX-9 TB Grand Touring

Serious rust issue - Get your serviceman to open the cover to rear compartment and watch it for your

Mazda has a history of rust issue and Australian versions aren't exceptional. I purchased my CX9-GT in 2012. In 2014, I noticed some rust dots over a small exposed area in the rear compartment and as it wasn't big I kept living with that but in 2016, I asked Mazda dealership to look into it and when they opened the rear compartment, they found a huge rusty area hidden in there. Mazda head office said the rust is not covered by their warranty policy because it is not an outside painted area. So I will be on my own.

Please get your serviceman to open and check under the rear compartment if you saw any tiny piece of rust around.

Johnny K
Johnny KSydney, NSW11 posts
  CX-9 TB Grand Touring

KJ
KJPERTH6 posts

Great family car!

Such a great family car. Bought it brand new and have no plans on getting rid of it. Very economical on fuel. Standard model has great features and is very good quality. The seat material wipes clean very easily (great for kids) Very spacious 7 seater. Everyone who drives it comments what a nice car it is.

Sharon Reid
Sharon ReidKilsyth south2 posts

Great car

Great car, lots of leg room and great boot Capacity.

The only negative is the fuel consumption. Mine is sitting on 13.1. I understand it's a powerful car. Overall still very happy. My kids love the fact that I'm the one who's nominated to drive them and their friends to their sports because of the 7 seats. Happy kids equals happy life.

Azami
AzamiCanberra4 posts
  CX-9 TC Azami

Awesome car

We purchased this car about 2 months ago now and we absolutely love it. We were worried about the size of the car but it hasn't been an issue for us because the reversing camera and the sensors make it really easy to park. The leather seats are very comfortable even on long trips. There is very little road noise on the highway. The boot space is amazing. On the negatives, the turning circle is huge, so a 3pt turn ends up being a 5pt turn. Entertainment system can be buggy - we had it switch off and reboot last week. The quoted fuel consumption is misleading, we get about 13L/100 for urban driving.

Illusion22
Illusion22South East Queensland, QLD8 posts
  Verified CX-9 TC GT FWD, 2.5L Petrol

Fantastic 7 seater

We bought this car after having our twins (babies 3 and 4) as we needed a 7 seater. We liked that the third row has an achor point for our son to sit with his car seat. The seats glide forward which makes them easy to move with the twins car seats in place. The boot space is not huge with 7 seats however we often fold the second seat down. The fuel economy is good and it drives superbly. I love the screen and the leather interior. Well worth the money! We did have the passenger seat sensor replaced under warranty as it kept beeping.

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.