Mazda CX-9

Mazda CX-9 (page 3 of 6)

TC (2016-Present) and TB (2007-2015)

Serious rust issue - Get your serviceman to open the cover to rear compartment and watch it for your

Mazda has a history of rust issue and Australian versions aren't exceptional. I purchased my CX9-GT in 2012. In 2014, I noticed some rust dots over a small exposed area in the rear compartment and as it wasn't big I kept living with that but in 2016, I asked Mazda dealership to look into it and when they opened the rear compartment, they found a huge rusty area hidden in there. Mazda head office said the rust is not covered by their warranty policy because it is not an outside painted area. So I will be on my own.

Please get your serviceman to open and check under the rear compartment if you saw any tiny piece of rust around.

Date PurchasedMay 2012

Excellent but thirsty

As a family of 7 (4 adults & 3 kids, 1 in a seat), we needed a large people mover. What was important to us was the 3rd row seating and boot space when the 3rd row is is use. I'm 175cm tall and 105kg and can sit comfortably in the 3rd row. A folded pram can be also stored in the boot with the 3rd row in use. Standard creature comforts in the Grand Touring model like Xenon headlights, 2 way sunroof, heated leather seats, satnav, parking camera, front parking sensors and Bose stereo make it very comfortable and a pleasure to drive. The V6 is smooth and quiet however, due to the weight of the car, can be thirsty. We are currently averaging around 420km per tank (70 litre fill up of 98 RON fuel) and using Bridsetone Ecopia tyres at 38psi.
One downside we have had was trying to find a luggage pod that is suitable for this vehicle. Because the mounting points for the roof racks are so far apart, only the premium priced, top of the range/largest Yakima roof pod would fit. To get past this, we bought a roof basket and matching bag to sit on top of the roof racks for our trips away.
The only thig to have gone wrong with the car is the left hand side Xenon HID has died. Turns pink and then turns off. Not bad for a 7 year old vehicle.

Date PurchasedOct 2013

Great family car!

Such a great family car. Bought it brand new and have no plans on getting rid of it. Very economical on fuel. Standard model has great features and is very good quality. The seat material wipes clean very easily (great for kids) Very spacious 7 seater. Everyone who drives it comments what a nice car it is.

Date PurchasedFeb 2013

Great car

Great car, lots of leg room and great boot Capacity.
The only negative is the fuel consumption. Mine is sitting on 13.1. I understand it's a powerful car. Overall still very happy. My kids love the fact that I'm the one who's nominated to drive them and their friends to their sports because of the 7 seats. Happy kids equals happy life.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Awesome car

We purchased this car about 2 months ago now and we absolutely love it. We were worried about the size of the car but it hasn't been an issue for us because the reversing camera and the sensors make it really easy to park. The leather seats are very comfortable even on long trips. There is very little road noise on the highway. The boot space is amazing. On the negatives, the turning circle is huge, so a 3pt turn ends up being a 5pt turn. Entertainment system can be buggy - we had it switch off and reboot last week. The quoted fuel consumption is misleading, we get about 13L/100 for urban driving.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Fantastic 7 seater

We bought this car after having our twins (babies 3 and 4) as we needed a 7 seater. We liked that the third row has an achor point for our son to sit with his car seat. The seats glide forward which makes them easy to move with the twins car seats in place. The boot space is not huge with 7 seats however we often fold the second seat down. The fuel economy is good and it drives superbly. I love the screen and the leather interior. Well worth the money! We did have the passenger seat sensor replaced under warranty as it kept beeping.

I can't really live without my Mazda CX9

Interiors: It will spoil you. Great leather interiors and luxury console.
Exterior: Majestic look and sleek design and very sexy
Performance: for a 4 cylinder, this huge car can just glide in the air. Very powerful turbo engine.In sports mode, it is just out of the world experience.

Overall very smart, less fuel consuming 7 seater SUV.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Perfect dream car

To buy a big family car is not easy work to do. after doing so much research we chose Mazda cx9. after using 10 months, I can say that this car very well builds and it has plenty of space. this car gives good mileage with good power. very luxurious interior at this price. At last this car is easy to drive with a modern look.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Perfect car

I love the car. It's big have plenty of space since I have 3 kids Cx9 it's very comfortable for us. Can shopping all my groceries in one go. But too much for the petrol. I normally spend $320 every month. I only use for short drive (pick up my kids from school, go to grocery).

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Great quality car!

New generation is a great car - excellent value for money! Azami 4X4 for just over $60k.. A heap of room, tech and now looks modern and 'cool'. I purchased metallic White and had the wheels painted gloss black. Love it and am very happy with my new car. Thank you Mazda!

BadgeAzani

Dream car!

This is by far, THE best car I have ever owned, I'm not kidding I AM a previous BMW X5 owner (and executive model!) and can confidently say this car is so much more forgiving, quieter and smoother!!!! A huge releaf of finally making this proper decision, such a waste of money on other cars! Strongly recommend It's reliable, it's has far many positives than tiny missing things... I remember when I first received the car I thought "oh dear looks bigger than what I needed lol" but believe me when you step inside, you'll b gobsmacked with the luxury looks, and further on how well it drives it really goes beyond your expectation, just feels so much smaller, as I honestly was expecting "a giant Camry with seven seats" (note dad has Camry lol), but it's definitely not the case, steering is precise, no BODY ROLL!! And all of this while being a smooth cruiser!!!
I would never buy a bmw, let alone European car again!!! For the 63k or less that you pay I'm absolutely sure this is the best bang for your buck!!!!

BadgeLuxury
Date PurchasedApr 2017

What a car, the reviews and awards were right

I had never thought about owning a Mazda SUV until the CX9 won several car of the year awards. I'm typically drawn to BMW Or Mercedes. I was having a really unpleasant owner experience with my BMW X3 so I thought I'd look at the CX9. Any Mazda I had been in prior seemed noisy on the road, so I was very pleasantly surprised to discover just how quiet the CX9 was. I would say it is a quieter and more comfortable drive than the BMW X3 I owned. The features and value for money is amazing compared to the premium European brands. I couldn't be more pleased with the way it drives, and the versatility of the 7 seats has come in handy a few times. It is a large vehicle though. That being said it is no problem to park in shopping centre car parks thanks to the sensors and reversing camera. Im very happy with my Mazda CX-9 and I would recommend anyone looking at the more expensive brands to give it a try, you might be surprised.

Best car I have owned!

Quite and smooth to drive. Has so many excellent features including sunroof and heated seating. Very reliable and good on fuel for around town. Perfect car for the whole family with it being a 7 seater. The third row has heaps of room and leg space to fit two fully grown males.

BadgeLuxury
Date PurchasedJun 2017

The Sports model seats are extremely uncomfortable

Having owned my new CX9 Sports for approx 3 months I have finally figured out why I am so uncomfortable in the vehicle when driving for anymore than 30mins. The seats are 3cm narrower than the high model vehicles, and 3cm narrower than both the mazda 3 and a corolla. For a car worth over 45k this is really disappointing. DO NOT buy a Sports model.

BadgeCX9 Sports

No regrets

The most noticeable thing is the absence of engine or road noise. A slight humming during cruising is about all you get. The ride is great, the torque is available if needed. Even went on unpaved rocky roads, the ride is still great.
I do think that the centre armrest storage could have been bigger. nitpicking really.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Luxury feel without the price tag!

Feels like you are driving a luxury car. Although it has a smaller engine for it's size it still has heaps of power and gets up to speed fast without any lag even when not in sports mode. Heaps of room with all the latest technology. Great fuel economy also for it's size. The perfect family car. The best car I have had. Love it!

Love it!

We have had this car for 6 months now and I absolutely love it. It drives like a car, very smooth and quiet. Great for taking the family on holidays, we have done 3 trips in it so far, one being all the way to Victoria and back full of two kids and two 20kg dogs and it handled very well.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Comfy family car that runs well

Mechanically I can't fault this car. We have had no issues whatsoever.

The boot space is good. With the back seats down, it is incredible!

All seats are comfy, including the back seats. They are easy to lift up and down to convert 5 seats to 7 as needed. Getting into the back seats is tricky if you have child restraints on the middle seats though.

The main issue we have had is parking, as often parking spaces are not wide enough to be able to get small children out of each door easily with people parked either side.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Amazing family car

Good on power with 7 people on board.
Love the sports mode. Designs and ergonomic chairs are perfect.
Suits all family needs.
Love the interiors and it feels like a cockpit.
Fuel economy not bad .
170kw power is amazing and unleaded petrol is a bonus.
This car is much bigger and longer upto 5 meters compared to its competitors.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Everything else is a generation behind!!!

We recently bought a 2016 CX-9 Touring AWD as a family vehicle and could not be happier with it. We test drove the competitors which included the new Kluger (US built) and Santa Fe and honestly they felt like they were a generation behind when compared to the CX-9. The driving experience so far has been excellent and the car feels nimble and smaller than it actually is. The interior is quiet, well appointed and designed with plenty of leg room for all occupants. The engine is refined with plenty of low down pull but I have found that the auto sometimes has to have some time to think about which gear it wants to select when changing down.

It was not a surprise to learn that the CX-9 just won car of the year!

BadgeTouring AWD