Mazda CX-9

I like the way it drives but it suffers from some quality issues.

I like the way it drives, the space and modern comforts but it suffers from some quality issues which are becoming apparent after 1.5 years of ownership. Rust started appearing on the roof and body panels even though it’s still under warranty. Dealer has been a nightmare to deal with and warranty claims seem impossible. Overall disappointed with it as quality issues let the sporty Mazda down.

BadgeLuxury
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedSep 2016

Money Money Money

If you buy a Mazda cx9 I hope you have a lot of money to fix anything that needs replacing - No 2nd hand/generic parts for this car and no individual parts sold from Mazda you have to buy the entire kits. I have spent over $7000 just fixing issues with the front end and it still pulls to the left with no reason as to why - 5 x wheel adjustments and alignments in 6 months been in the mechanics more then we have had it to drive.

Will never buy a CX-9 again.

BadgeClassic
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedApr 2013

Bad

Not until after I bought the car from Penfolds Burwood did I find out that the 'Cargo Cover' is an optional extra. And a $400 one at that. Every hatch I ever bought has it as standard. To spring that on one after the contract is signed and you are about to drive away is like saying .. oh by the way there is no jack and no spare wheel but you can buy one now if you like. Out and out extortion. I m in the process of trying to get the contract rescinded and the sale cancelled unless they make it standard on all CX-9s.
Most of it BUT
No "Cargo Cover" as standard, and arm rest on centre console is too high, but have only driven it home so far and am trying to cancel the sale

So everything in the car is good, except it doesn't have a cargo cover. And that's only worth 2 stars?i dont think its fair to fault the car if you are only pissed off at the dealer for not providing you all the sales informationThis is a ridiculous review. Quit being a drama queen.

Hi, I bought Mazda CX-9 FWD couple of years ago but realising now that I should have bought AWD. Is there a kit that I can upgrade to from FWD to AWD?
Hi Ryiu not 100% if a kit would be available try a call to Mazda , But i think the cost would not be practical i think it is a $5 upgrade from new so getting one retro fitted would hurt the wallet . all the best

Hi guys I bought a Mazda CX-9 one month ago, the gearbox is broken I took it to the mechanic. My car is in the garage of mechanic. Unfortunately I don’t know is it AWD or FWD! I asked the mechanic he didn’t know too. What can I do?
Take it to a new mechanic. If he doesn't know this then he is not a very good mechanic.

Hi, I recently bought a 2011 Mazda CX-9 FWD with Sat-nav, ive noticed the map is really out of date (new roads, changes not pick up), any experience of updating the DVD navigation at less expensive dealer update? Thanks.

Similar listings