Mazda MPV LW

Mazda MPV LW (1999-2006)

See the Best People Movers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mazda? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.8

Best 7 seater ever

I bought my MPV 2000/2001 model in 2011. We are so happy with it. You will not find a people mover which drives like a car, powerful V6 when you want power, space like a van, visibility like a bus. I wish they have the new version in Australia.
    When you have kids and if you like to travel , this is a very good vehicle to have.

Badge(No Badge)
    TransmissionAutomatic
    Date PurchasedApr 2011

10 years young

We have 3 boys and had taken MPV to many road trips. MPV is a highly versatile car because it contains 7 individual bucket seats. Each seat is removable, great for those camping trips & transporting big items, book cases, beds etc. We never have any trouble our MPV, car always park out in the open yet the paint work still looks new. I found it hard to part with our MPV because no car in the current market offers 7 individual removable seats. it is a very roomy car but drives like a std station wagon, except better due to its height.

nick11
    nick11AU

Love it!

TransmissionAuto
    fred
    fred

Just paid over $1000 for 2001 MPV water pump. Beware!!! Buy a Toyota instead!!!

Holly21
    Holly21

what year model do you own?

People Movers

Find out how Mazda MPV LW compares to other People Movers

messyhouse
    messyhouse

have been absolutely pleased with MPV. I suspect though Mazda intends phasing out MPV at the end of 2006/7. They don't seem interested in getting a greater market share by introducing a new MPV which is updated. Take a look at the Japanese website & you will see what the Japanese have this year. Great styling, bose sound system, electric doors, GPS, the list goes on. What do we get? 5 years since the last major re-vamp. Wake up Mazda, Australia. things look good for the new Tarago!
    flexible seating, V6 power plant, Interior space.
    Dated Looks. Lacks Gizmos.

mel
    melasked

I was just wondering if it is expensive to replace parts

Charles_James

Depends on the parts. All genuine Mazda parts will be expensive but if you shop around and get second hand parts or parts from Supercheap, they would be reasonable. Labour charge is always the biggest cost if you decide to get parts replaced by a Mazda dealer.

SJEDGE

The above reply from charles jamed is spot my mechanic always tries to use genetic parts as in most cases they are no different

Laz
    Lazasked

Are computer problems common with the MPV. I have one and the garage is telling me i need a replacement. Are they avaiable and how much do they cost

Charles_James

I've had no issues with my MPV however go to www.MPVCLUB.com as it contains a wealth of information and plenty of helpful members who maybe able to answer your question.

rmzen
    rmzenasked

I want to know where is location of Engine Serial number for Mazda MPV 2002

SJEDGE

I have heard it is below the oil filter

CategoryPeople Movers