3Mazda MX-5 NC (2005-2014)
Part of Mazda MX-5  4.5

Mazda MX-5 NC (2005-2014)

3Mazda MX-5 NC (2005-2014)

96% · 231 · 4%

Comfort
4.1
Features
4.3
Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.

Sam
Sam

A fantastic sports car

I have owned my 2009 mx5 since 2019, I wish I had gotten it sooner. It's not a very practical car however the pure joy it gives you more then makes up for that fact. I commute from the Gold Coast to Brisbane in this car daily and at times in peak hour traffic I wish I had an automatic but the feelings you get when you drive the mx5 is amazing this has to be my most enjoyable car in the price range. I mostly service the car myself as it really is an easy car to work on and touch wood the car has not had any major issues. Honestly, if you want a fun sports car then I highly recommend a mx5 Show details
Denis P.
Dean S.Sydney, NSW6 posts
Kippers
Kippers2 posts

New toy

Just got new used nc on the weekend love it. This is the third Mx5 we have owned nb(2002) nc(2006) and now nc(2013)never had a problem with any of them .they are a great car for us older amateurs to play around with . Go and get one! Show details
MARTYN
MARTYN
Bob of gulf pointMetropolitan Adelaide, SA59 posts
  NC

Excellent. First convertible. What took me so long? (I had an RX-7 in 1980s)

Bought June 2018. NC hard top convertible, black. My second car but use it on club rallies. Great fun. Mostly along the coast with roof down. Cheap to service with a guy who raves one himself. Quick but not so powerful. Blue tooth, cruise control, wheel controls. Seven speaker Bose. Very reliable and quite cheap stuff interchangeable with other Mazda’s. Not unlike the two Mazda Sixes I’ve had. Any faults? I think the paint may be a bit soft cos there’s a few stone chips at fron end. Working thro them right now. Lights were clouded, fixed. Show details
Mark
MarkGold Coast Qld4 posts

The real sports car

The Mazda MX5 has developed it's own unique DNA since the first NA model was launched over 25 years ago, small improvements in safety and driving dynamics have ensured the MX5 maintained it's true sports car credentials. I have owned my NC2 coupe for over 5 years, with regular services from my local Mazda dealer. This MX5 has never had any warranty or service issues, although I have not used it on a daily basis, I feel the MX5 is better suited for that pure driving experience.

My pug
My pugGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC7 posts
bernii
berniicroydon7 posts

Value for money

Car looks great. Feels great to drive. Retractable hardtop is down in 12 seconds. Very secure. Not the fastest car but very smooth. Sound system bose is superb. Leather seats still smells inside like new. Uses approx 9ltrs per 100ks. It has 4 cupholders! Last mx5 1999 had only one hidden one in console. Cruise control and control on steering wheel for radio is awesome. Lights look fantastic!

BrianWellington38 posts
no go mx5
no go mx5

spare parts

I have a 2014 mx5 which needs a new fuel pump and Mazda Australia has no spare fuel pump in Australia. The best they offer is a 3 week delivery from Japan. Interested to know if other people are experiencing similar unreasonable delays from Mazda Australia? I wish Mazda's sales brochure was more realistic about time delays for standard parts. I suggest the by-line should be Zoom Zoom (until you need a spare part).

Brian

Three week wait is normal in NZ for MX5 parts, they all come from Japan.

MsJanette25
MsJanette25AU13 posts

Great car

Owned a 2006 hard top for 3 years and absolutely loved it. Can't wait for the new gen 4 version to release at next years Chicago Car Show in February.

Handling was great. Loved the styling and stereo system. Sat nav would have been nice. Maybe in the 2015 model.
Great cornering. Fast and nippy to drive.

deus_zeus