Maze 12L Bokashi Indoor Composter

Maze 12L Bokashi Indoor Composter

Rating of 5 out of 5

The system of composting is simple and easy to use. It is not expensive and should be a boon to our small household.
Rating of 5 out of 5
Would recommend to others.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $59.00.

No more sorting citrus and garlic, bone and scraps....in it goes. I'm sold... thanks Maze.

just bought a twin pack for my daughter. with 3 little children there is plenty of scrap.

I have only just recently bought my first 12L Bokashi Indoor Composting system and love it.
it is easy... open and drop
spray at the end of the day
cant wait for my first bucket of composting compost.
my drains smell good and i look forward to an extra glow on my indoor plants.
everything goes in!
no more sorting citrus and garlic, bone and scraps....in it goes. I'm sold... thanks Maze.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $59.00.

5 out of 5 stars.

Think the maze indoor composter is the best size bokashi for a 4person family. We cook a lot and it gives us the chance to teach our kids not to dump everything and reuse and recycle our waste!

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings for $59.00.

Was missing gasket but now perfect

When i first received the product the lid was missing the rubber gasket so i called Maze who quickly sent me a new one. I have been using it since then for a year and love it. I put all my food waste inside and bury it in my garden. My garden has never looked better.

Purchased in February 2018 for $69.00.

Worked very well

I love this product. I managed to completely eliminate my food waste to landfill. I love the hinged lid and the compactor holder on the back. This bucket looks great in my kitchen and although the smell of the liquid coming out is not always great, the bucket has worked as it should for me.

Purchased in September 2018 for $39.90.

Didn't work at all

I used this bin for less than two months and it didn't work well. There are a lot of maggots growing from the bin. I end up throw the entire unit out.

Purchased in February 2018.

No good

I bought a twin set of these bins some time ago in an effort to reduce household waste. Pretty much every time I use the bins, I get fruit flies and maggots in the mix. I originally thought this was due to me being a bokashi newbie, so I did a lot of research to work on this (I kept the waste compacted, used heaps of bokashi spray and grain, etc.) and still no change. One of the things I noted is that bokashi bins must be airtight and these bins definitely are not. The plastic lid is flimsy and is sealed with a poor attempt of a rubber seal.

Purchased in January 2018 for $69.00.

Not airtight

I got given two bins (brand new) and had multiple problems with both the taps and the lids not fitting properly. Maze are great and helpful and send new ones but none of them fit either! Repeatedly had maggots in my bokashi and I’m going to try a different brand because I like the idea but not the Maze bins.

Purchased in December 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Terrible Terrible Terrible!!!

Each bokashi load has resulted in maggots. Clearly this is not airtight, as all other reviews are stating the same problem. Truly frustrating. I have twin bins that are now going to be wasted plastic when I'm meant to be helping the environment! Do not go with this bin!

Purchased in January 2019.

Hi Aileen, We would be happy to send you another one if you contact Maze. We know these systems can work well as out of the tens of thousands sold we have only have a very small percentage of issues (less than 1%).

Not airtight, leaks

I bought the twin pack and unfortunately this system is as cheap in quality as it is in price. The taps leak, which can be rectified with some Vaseline to the gaskets. The units have hinged lids however, which are not airtight. Hence, larvae can escape the bins if you’re unlucky enough to get fruit flies in your scraps before popping them in the bokashi system. The bins are unable to effectively ferment anaerobically due to the air leak. I have tried to make these work for about 4 months now. I’ll be purchasing a better product.

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $68.00.

Hi Millie, very sorry to hear you are not happy with this product. It sounds like you have a faulty unit as the rubber gasket and the tap don't seem to be working properly. If you contact Maze directly we would be very happy to send you some new ones so you can try it with a non-faulty one.

Not sure if it's me or the bin

Bought this as it was a cheaper Bokashi bin compared to the Bokashi One. I followed the instructions to add in food waste, compress it, spray the Bokashi liquid generously, empty liquid every few days, and keep the lid shut as much as possible. However each of the 4 attempts resulted in maggots, fruit flies and a bad smell which meant that the food was rotting instead of fermenting. I contacted Maze who were friendly and sent me another bin in case mine was faulty but I just buried another lot of maggoty waste. I really wanted this to work and maybe it's something I'm still not doing right but this product just didn't work for me.

Date PurchasedDec 2018