Maze 12L Bokashi Indoor Composter

Maze 12L Bokashi Indoor Composter

See the Best Compost Bins in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Rating 5/5- have absolutely loved the system and products.

Rating 5/5- have absolutely loved the system and products. Was a recommendation to me in which I have paid it forward. Would Highly Recommend to anyone wanting a great easy to use system.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $39.95.

Unhappy

UnhappyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My 12L is not airtight either

Bought 17th. Returned and exchanged next day as strainer was damaged. Set up 19/9/19 and seemed to work. Despite compressing and spraying as instructed (but daily), on 26th nasty odour noticeable, Yesterday tiny maggots appeared on insides especially top back. Removed with wet hand towel which went into green bin outside. Today more back in thick clusters - some fell onto bench-top

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $39.90.

I rate this product 5 out of 5.

I am writing to review my recent purchase of the Bokashi Indoor Composting System.
I have enjoyed this product so much that I have purchased a 2nd bin to have on rotation and have also put 2 of my work colleagues onto the system as well and would recommend it to anyone, I rate this product 5 out of 5.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $39.95.

Jlaw1968

Jlaw1968Melbourne

Great Composting System

The great thing about this compost bin is that its aesthetically nice to have on your bench top and doesn't take up too much room. It's a good sturdy design and easy to assemble with a valve to remove the excess moisture that can get built up and a paddle to compact the waste down to make room for more. I really like the fact that this bokashi system means i can add cooked foods and meat and dairy - meaning minimal food wastage! Super happy with my purchase!

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings for $30.00.

I’ve had a benchtop Maze composting bin for nearly two years

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $30.00.

Requires design adjustments

Purchased in April 2019 at www.trademe.co.nz for $79.00.

Arnie

ArnieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Indoor Bokashi bin is the perfect way to start as it is such a simple process

Product Review: I have been waiting to get started on composting after attending a council meeting. The indoor Bokashi bin is the perfect way to start as it is such a simple process without fuss and toil. Only feedback is that the thing could slightly be bigger and have a pedal to raise the lid

Susan K.

Susan K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I love my Bokashi indoor composting system

I love my Bokashi indoor composting system. It is neat and efficient. It takes so much waste from my kitchen. There is no smell. It is simple to use and is great for the garden. I tell everyone about it.
Susan Keogh
Lower Plenty

C Ludwik

C Ludwik

I am amazed

Hi,

I have only been using my Maze bokashi indoor composting system for 7 days but I am amazed at how quickly it composts the contents and how easy it is to use. I have already used some of the liquid compost on the garden. Rating 4.5/5

Happy Customer

Simon

SimonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I purchased the 12L twin pack from Bunnings

tthhhtt

tthhhttQueensland

Not airtight

Bought this from Bunnings two weeks ago, noticed the lid wasn’t tight fitting, there was a lot of movement in it when closed. Looks like it is warped at the back. Could still smell the waste with the lid closed. Terrible product!!! Should have paid extra and got the Bokashi One

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

Grant McCullough

Grant McCulloughGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rating of 5 out of 5

The system of composting is simple and easy to use. It is not expensive and should be a boon to our small household.
Rating of 5 out of 5
Would recommend to others.

meags

meags

Didnt stop maggots

I love the idea of this product and although it does seem to seal properly there are tons of maggots and all my hard work composting may yet have to be dumped.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $59.00.

Ronen M.Maze

Hi Meags, we are glad you like the idea of composting and we are determined to help you make it work. Would you like us to send you a new one that seals better. Please feel free to contact us at info@mazeproducts.com.au

Nerida Bright

Nerida BrightMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No more sorting citrus and garlic, bone and scraps....in it goes. I'm sold... thanks Maze.

just bought a twin pack for my daughter. with 3 little children there is plenty of scrap.

I have only just recently bought my first 12L Bokashi Indoor Composting system and love it.
it is easy... open and drop
spray at the end of the day
cant wait for my first bucket of composting compost.
my drains smell good and i look forward to an extra glow on my indoor plants.
everything goes in!
no more sorting citrus and garlic, bone and scraps....in it goes. I'm sold... thanks Maze.

5 out of 5 stars.

Think the maze indoor composter is the best size bokashi for a 4person family. We cook a lot and it gives us the chance to teach our kids not to dump everything and reuse and recycle our waste!

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings for $59.00.

Was missing gasket but now perfect

When i first received the product the lid was missing the rubber gasket so i called Maze who quickly sent me a new one. I have been using it since then for a year and love it. I put all my food waste inside and bury it in my garden. My garden has never looked better.

Purchased in February 2018 for $69.00.

Worked very well

I love this product. I managed to completely eliminate my food waste to landfill. I love the hinged lid and the compactor holder on the back. This bucket looks great in my kitchen and although the smell of the liquid coming out is not always great, the bucket has worked as it should for me.

Purchased in September 2018 for $39.90.

Wendy

WendyPerth

Didn't work at all

I used this bin for less than two months and it didn't work well. There are a lot of maggots growing from the bin. I end up throw the entire unit out.

Purchased in February 2018.

No good

I bought a twin set of these bins some time ago in an effort to reduce household waste. Pretty much every time I use the bins, I get fruit flies and maggots in the mix. I originally thought this was due to me being a bokashi newbie, so I did a lot of research to work on this (I kept the waste compacted, used heaps of bokashi spray and grain, etc.) and still no change. One of the things I noted is that bokashi bins must be airtight and these bins definitely are not. The plastic lid is flimsy and is sealed with a poor attempt of a rubber seal.

Purchased in January 2018 for $69.00.

Carolyn

CarolynGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not airtight

I got given two bins (brand new) and had multiple problems with both the taps and the lids not fitting properly. Maze are great and helpful and send new ones but none of them fit either! Repeatedly had maggots in my bokashi and I’m going to try a different brand because I like the idea but not the Maze bins.

Purchased in December 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Dinan

Dinanasked

I have filled my indoor 12L and am using my 2nd indoor composter. I was draining the liquid from my full bin just checked the top one is full of mould. Is it normal or not? Also once it was full I stopped spraying. Plz help

Ronen M.Maze

Hi Dinan, Mould is not a problem especially if it is white or grey. You can stop spraying but please make sure to keep draining the liquid.

Nuket

Nuketasked

I'm going to buy 18L Meze Bokashi I read all the commend I am a member of product reviews. I trust you. I know if I have any difficulty you going to helping me.
I have one questions am I buy liquid one or the compos one?

Ronen M.Maze

Hi Nuket, we will certainly help you when using the product or if you have any issues. the 18L is sold with the liquid inside the box already. If you prefer to buy it with the grains you can call our office (03) 9544 6999 and we can arrange that as well.

debplowmanasked

I am 3 weeks into using mine and the smell has become rancid. I am only putting vegetable and fruit scraps in it, not even any bread or anything. I empty the liquid twice a day and it 's so bad it makes me want to vomit. It was fine for 2 weeks but now it's terrible. I make sure to spray the contents each time and the lid is closed very quickly and tightly afterwards and I push down the scraps regularly. What is going wrong?

debplowman

I should add actually that I have the 18L one with the tap, not the 12L one.

Ronen M.Maze

Hi, sorry to hear about your bad experience. We will try to make it better. Are you draining the liquid from the tap often? It may be that the Bokashi spray does not have enough microbes. You can try to spray a lot more (10 sprays at least each day). If that does not work we can send you a new spray bottle or maybe the Bokashi grains to try that out. Keep in mind that it may never smell great but should not smell like rotting food or anything too objectionable.

debplowman

Yes I spray it a lot, not the 2 or 3 sprays it advises, more like 8 each time.
It was ok to start with but has got progressively worse and now it’s really appalling, like rank water from a vase of flowers after a week, but worse! I drain the liquid every day, often morning and night. I get 1-2.5 of the little scoops that came with it full every day.

Get an answer from our members and Maze representatives

CategoryCompost Bins