Maze 12L Bokashi Indoor Composter

Maze 12L Bokashi Indoor Composter (page 3 of 4)

See the Best Compost Bins in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Maze

Maggots!

Both the bins we have bought have maggots....a lot of them. The lids simply don't seal properly. I have emailed the company using the address on this forum so I hope I get a quick resolution as hubby and I have a compost disagreement and I'd really like to persist! The actual compost breaks down really fast and otherwise happy, just can't continue with maggots in the kitchen.

Christina R.
Christina R.South East Queensland, QLD

Not airtight

I bought 2 set from Bunnings. I have trialed it on both in the set and have ended up with fruit fly larva each time, despite making sure the lids are closed and even placing a brick on top. These lids are not airtight - I will have to look at other options.

Mel Habjan
Mel HabjanSydney, NSW

Rating: 5/5

Joe
JoeSydney, NSW

Fruit fly maggots in lid

Julie
JulieSydney, NSW

Green mould and fruit flies!

Jenny A.South East Queensland, QLD

Leaks, from both ends

We bought the twin pack from Bunnings about 6 months ago. The first issue we noticed was the leaking from the tap. We used silicone to fix that. The second issue has been maggots. We thought it was us, but we have been careful with following the rules and the only thing I can think is that the units are not airtight. The maggots are not dying off after a few days as they should. Is it really this hard to Bokashi?

Jenny A.

Thanks for your reply Ronan, I've emailed you.

Jacka H.
Jacka H.Canberra 2600, ACT

Maggots and fruit flies

Bought my first Maze bokashi bin from Bunnings and after letting it sit for its 2 week ferment, opened it up to a small swarm of fruit flies and maggots scurrying away. While smell doesn't eminate from the bin, I'm assuming it isn't airtight as it should be as oxygen can clearly enter. Have started filling up another bin from a different brand with no problems so far..

Rating 5/5- have absolutely loved the system and products.

Rating 5/5- have absolutely loved the system and products. Was a recommendation to me in which I have paid it forward. Would Highly Recommend to anyone wanting a great easy to use system.

Unhappy
UnhappyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My 12L is not airtight either

Bought 17th. Returned and exchanged next day as strainer was damaged. Set up 19/9/19 and seemed to work. Despite compressing and spraying as instructed (but daily), on 26th nasty odour noticeable, Yesterday tiny maggots appeared on insides especially top back. Removed with wet hand towel which went into green bin outside. Today more back in thick clusters - some fell onto bench-top

Find out how Maze 12L Bokashi Indoor Composter compares to other Compost Bins

I rate this product 5 out of 5.

I am writing to review my recent purchase of the Bokashi Indoor Composting System.
I have enjoyed this product so much that I have purchased a 2nd bin to have on rotation and have also put 2 of my work colleagues onto the system as well and would recommend it to anyone, I rate this product 5 out of 5.

Jlaw1968
Jlaw1968Melbourne

Great Composting System

The great thing about this compost bin is that its aesthetically nice to have on your bench top and doesn't take up too much room. It's a good sturdy design and easy to assemble with a valve to remove the excess moisture that can get built up and a paddle to compact the waste down to make room for more. I really like the fact that this bokashi system means i can add cooked foods and meat and dairy - meaning minimal food wastage! Super happy with my purchase!

Other Compost Bins

I’ve had a benchtop Maze composting bin for nearly two years

Requires design adjustments

Arnie
ArnieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Indoor Bokashi bin is the perfect way to start as it is such a simple process

Product Review: I have been waiting to get started on composting after attending a council meeting. The indoor Bokashi bin is the perfect way to start as it is such a simple process without fuss and toil. Only feedback is that the thing could slightly be bigger and have a pedal to raise the lid

Susan K.
Susan K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I love my Bokashi indoor composting system

I love my Bokashi indoor composting system. It is neat and efficient. It takes so much waste from my kitchen. There is no smell. It is simple to use and is great for the garden. I tell everyone about it.
Susan Keogh
Lower Plenty

C Ludwik
C Ludwik

I am amazed

Hi,

I have only been using my Maze bokashi indoor composting system for 7 days but I am amazed at how quickly it composts the contents and how easy it is to use. I have already used some of the liquid compost on the garden. Rating 4.5/5

Happy Customer

Simon
SimonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I purchased the 12L twin pack from Bunnings

tthhhtt
tthhhttQueensland

Not airtight

Bought this from Bunnings two weeks ago, noticed the lid wasn’t tight fitting, there was a lot of movement in it when closed. Looks like it is warped at the back. Could still smell the waste with the lid closed. Terrible product!!! Should have paid extra and got the Bokashi One

Grant McCullough
Grant McCulloughGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rating of 5 out of 5

The system of composting is simple and easy to use. It is not expensive and should be a boon to our small household.
Rating of 5 out of 5
Would recommend to others.

meags
meags

Didnt stop maggots

I love the idea of this product and although it does seem to seal properly there are tons of maggots and all my hard work composting may yet have to be dumped.

Ronen M.Maze

Hi Meags, we are glad you like the idea of composting and we are determined to help you make it work. Would you like us to send you a new one that seals better. Please feel free to contact us at info@mazeproducts.com.au

Nerida Bright
Nerida BrightMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No more sorting citrus and garlic, bone and scraps....in it goes. I'm sold... thanks Maze.

just bought a twin pack for my daughter. with 3 little children there is plenty of scrap.

I have only just recently bought my first 12L Bokashi Indoor Composting system and love it.
it is easy... open and drop
spray at the end of the day
cant wait for my first bucket of composting compost.
my drains smell good and i look forward to an extra glow on my indoor plants.
everything goes in!
no more sorting citrus and garlic, bone and scraps....in it goes. I'm sold... thanks Maze.

5 out of 5 stars.

Think the maze indoor composter is the best size bokashi for a 4person family. We cook a lot and it gives us the chance to teach our kids not to dump everything and reuse and recycle our waste!

Was missing gasket but now perfect

When i first received the product the lid was missing the rubber gasket so i called Maze who quickly sent me a new one. I have been using it since then for a year and love it. I put all my food waste inside and bury it in my garden. My garden has never looked better.

Worked very well

I love this product. I managed to completely eliminate my food waste to landfill. I love the hinged lid and the compactor holder on the back. This bucket looks great in my kitchen and although the smell of the liquid coming out is not always great, the bucket has worked as it should for me.

Wendy
WendyPerth

Didn't work at all

I used this bin for less than two months and it didn't work well. There are a lot of maggots growing from the bin. I end up throw the entire unit out.