Maze 12L Bokashi Indoor Composter

Maze 12L Bokashi Indoor Composter (page 4 of 4)

See the Best Compost Bins in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Maze

mon
mon

No good

I bought a twin set of these bins some time ago in an effort to reduce household waste. Pretty much every time I use the bins, I get fruit flies and maggots in the mix. I originally thought this was due to me being a bokashi newbie, so I did a lot of research to work on this (I kept the waste compacted, used heaps of bokashi spray and grain, etc.) and still no change. One of the things I noted is that bokashi bins must be airtight and these bins definitely are not. The plastic lid is flimsy and is sealed with a poor attempt of a rubber seal.

Carolyn
CarolynGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not airtight

I got given two bins (brand new) and had multiple problems with both the taps and the lids not fitting properly. Maze are great and helpful and send new ones but none of them fit either! Repeatedly had maggots in my bokashi and I’m going to try a different brand because I like the idea but not the Maze bins.

Other Compost Bins

Terrible Terrible Terrible!!!

Each bokashi load has resulted in maggots. Clearly this is not airtight, as all other reviews are stating the same problem. Truly frustrating. I have twin bins that are now going to be wasted plastic when I'm meant to be helping the environment! Do not go with this bin!

Maze
Ronen M.Maze

Hi Aileen,
We would be happy to send you another one if you contact Maze. We know these systems can work well as out of the tens of thousands sold we have only have a very small percentage of issues (less than 1%).

Mellie
Mellie

Not airtight, leaks

I bought the twin pack and unfortunately this system is as cheap in quality as it is in price. The taps leak, which can be rectified with some Vaseline to the gaskets. The units have hinged lids however, which are not airtight. Hence, larvae can escape the bins if you’re unlucky enough to get fruit flies in your scraps before popping them in the bokashi system. The bins are unable to effectively ferment anaerobically due to the air leak. I have tried to make these work for about 4 months now. I’ll be purchasing a better product.

Maze
Ronen M.Maze
Compost Bins

Find out how Maze 12L Bokashi Indoor Composter compares to other Compost Bins

Bwo
BwoRiverwood

Not sure if it's me or the bin

Bought this as it was a cheaper Bokashi bin compared to the Bokashi One. I followed the instructions to add in food waste, compress it, spray the Bokashi liquid generously, empty liquid every few days, and keep the lid shut as much as possible. However each of the 4 attempts resulted in maggots, fruit flies and a bad smell which meant that the food was rotting instead of fermenting. I contacted Maze who were friendly and sent me another bin in case mine was faulty but I just buried another lot of maggoty waste. I really wanted this to work and maybe it's something I'm still not doing right but this product just didn't work for me.

Date PurchasedDec 2018