Maze 12L Bokashi Indoor Composter

Maze 12L Bokashi Indoor Composter

See the Best Compost Bins in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Maze

Mitch
MitchCaringbah

Good, not great

For almost 2 years, I've been using two of these bins (and the 18L version, which doesn't have a good lid at all). While they aren't perfect, I must say that have not experienced the amount of maggots that some reviewers have (touch wood) and the bin/s have done a fair job so far.

It lives in our kitchen on the floor and away from any sunlight/warmth. But, maybe we fill the bin up quickly enough? The bin does live in our garage once it's full, away from sunlight - so I'm not sure if that is a determining factor.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $79.99.

T Miller
T Miller

Poor quality and seal degradation

Initially looked forward to the concept and the product however only a few months into ownership the closing seal and the seal near the tap failed.

The bin also smells and generates a lot of maggots and worms. Not what we were after.

Have edited my review due to the very prompt response by the Maze representative. Will try the new one when it arrives. Keen on the concept.

Thankyou.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $80.00.

Other Compost Bins

Fish
FishSouth East Queensland, QLD

The system seems ok but the 12L bins do not work properly

We purchased 2 x 12L Bokashi bins from Bunnings in December 2019 and we are on our 3rd load. The first two loads have a large volume of maggots present. We have been very careful to not let flies near when filling the bins, so we believe the lids are too flimsy and do not seal properly. We have increased the Bokashi spray to try and improve things but it is not stopping the flies laying eggs in the bins. The system looks good but the bins in this case do not seem to seal properly. We are very disappointed to say the least. Can any one help?

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $80.00.

Tarik
TarikSydney, NSW

The material looks solid and durable. No smelly or liquid leaks

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $39.90.

Compost Bins

Find out how Maze 12L Bokashi Indoor Composter compares to other Compost Bins

Maggots!

Both the bins we have bought have maggots....a lot of them. The lids simply don't seal properly. I have emailed the company using the address on this forum so I hope I get a quick resolution as hubby and I have a compost disagreement and I'd really like to persist! The actual compost breaks down really fast and otherwise happy, just can't continue with maggots in the kitchen.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $39.00.

Joe
JoeSydney, NSW

Fruit fly maggots in lid

Purchased in September 2019 for $80.00.

Requires design adjustments

Purchased in April 2019 at www.trademe.co.nz for $79.00.

Winnie
Winnie asked

I bought two maze 12L Bokashi Indoor Composters from Bunnings in July 2020 and had problem with the seal not being air tight and flies managed to get in and breed. As a result, I couldn't do any compost since then.

Provided it is a fundamental product quality issue, can I get a refund for the products or you can offer any alternate solutions?

Ronen M.Maze

Hi Winnie, sorry to hear about this. You can certainly get a refund for it or you can try our new 14L version or the 18L. I will send you an email as well to confirm.

hunbasked

Hi i have an 18 litre bokashi system. The lid seals great. But even though there is plenty of liquid nothing drains out the tap. This liquid then causes a really bad smell. Not sure if something is somehow blocking tap but has happened in the first and second bucket

Ronen M.Maze

Hi, can i ask how you know that there is a lot of liquid? I assume the strainer is still at the bottom of the bucket? Please feel free to email at rmazor@mazeproducts.com.au. Ronen

hunb

Yes the strainer is at the bottom. I know there is a lot of liquid because when I emptied it into my tumbling composter I had to manually drain the liquid first (holding the compost in and tipping the bucket upside down.) When I emptied the compost and inspected the tap and it did not appear blocked??

Ronen M.Maze

did you try and test the tap with water to see if it works? It sounds very usual. Happy to send you a new tap if you think it will help.

Kathy S.asked

Hi, I recently returned my dual Bokashi bins to Bunnings as the lids were not sealing. After reading the reviews it sounds like there is a gasket in the lid to ensure an airtight seal?
Could you please confirm this as I am keen to compost as much waste as possible and these systems seem ideal.
Cheers
Kathy

Ronen M.Maze

Hi Kathy, yes there is a rubber gasket in the lid that should make it air tight. In the last production the gasket was a bit different so this caused some issues with some bins not being airtight. Our 18L Indoor Composter has a different sealing lid and we have not had any issues with that version.

Hi Ronen,
Thanks for your response. I will see if they are available online again to repurchase the two bin pack.
If it doesnt come with a seal will you be able to assist?
Cheers
Kathy

Ronen M.Maze

Hi Kathy, i suggest waiting a couple of weeks as then we will have a new seal which should be more reliable. Please email me at rmazor@mazeproducts.com.au in a couple of weeks and i will confirm if we have it.

See all Maze 12L Bokashi Indoor Composter questions

Get an answer from our members and Maze representatives