McCarthy Homes

McCarthy Homes (page 3 of 3)

• Build Stage
    • Post-Construction (1)

Bad

We also signed up and it took weeks for one little change but we were told we were holding them up.I feel admin is Mc Carthy homes down fall.I will update
We love thier houses
Admin very hard to talk too

mea

meaAU

Terrible

Terrible

JKnight

JKnightAU

OK

Complex job, 600 sq metres, sloping block - good plans provided for block at little or no cost, saved on architectural fees (have friend who just blew $40K with a Brisbane architect and are throwing plans away and starting again) so didn't want to go with an architect. So far so good. Have had 4 meetings with cabinet maker due to wife changing her mind, have been very accomodating.
Free Design Process, no pressure, patient, good ideas, flexible,
some misunderstanding around changes we wanted to plans, since been rectified

I would like to thank you for the swift attention to my request from McCarthy Homes to have a look at a concern I had over water overflowing from the gutters during heavy downpours. Our house was completed approximately 5 years ago and as the water only came into the covered outdoor area during very heavy rain, we did not contact McCarthy Homes until it actually entered the bedroom. I am really appreciative that after 5 years I came and asked McCarthy Homes for assistance and within a week their team of professionals came to asses my concerns and within another week had modified sections of the guttering to resolve the issue.
Range of products included in the price, the after sales service and timing of responding to requests

I build a home with McCarthy Homes four years ago. I have to say my experience with them has been wonderful. From the plan, build and maintenance of our home. I would certainly recommend McCarthy Homes to all my family and friends. I wouldn't hesitate building with them again.
I am especially impressed with the Maintenance they offered. I called McCarthy Homes 4 years after we build with them to fix a problem. They returned my called within a day and had the problem fixed in a week. Alan in maintenance is outstanding. He really goes above and beyond. That level of service is very hard to come by.

foralltosee

foralltosee

OK

I would appreciate others advice and experience regarding McCarthy. We are currently deciding between the two builders (assuming the quote ever turns up from McCarthy) and would like to hear how others out there feel about McCarthy and the PROS and CONS they have run in too.
We are currently deciding between Indigo and McCarthy. Must admit that first preferance is for McCarthy, the display homes looked nice and fairly reasonably priced, and seem flexible with the designs.
But we are now struggling to receive a quote three weeks after submitting for one. Very helpful at first but seems to stop when head office gets involved.

mglmt

mglmtSouth East Queensland, QLD

Built with McCarthys 5 years ago,they did a fantastic job and would not hesitate to build with them again!!
Very responsive to customers needs. A Professional service. Top Quality Homes.

Nickolasasked

Hi,
We have just paid our $2.500 deposit, for the Preliminary Agreement, could you please send me some contact numbers of your recent clients so I can ask them a few question's on how the process went, for them, we are building on the Southside of Brisbane.
Kind Regards,

MickB
MickB

NIckolas,
Did you get any replies to your question? We have just had our handover from McCarthys. Unfortunately I would not recommend them. Great design but thats where it ends. Poor finish and poor attitude.

Hi Mick,
Could you please send me some more details regarding your build, we are building on the Southside of Brisbane, where did you build?

Mrs upset
Mrs upset

I totally agree with mick. Same issues. We have taken them to QBCC. Full of "yes yes that'll be done" - NOT! conned us into signing over with promises galore. Poor attitude, poor service, poor product, poor finish. The only good thing they're able to do is LIE through their teeth. Good luck with them mate.

Get an answer from our members and McCarthy Homes representatives