McCulloch CS400T

McCulloch CS400T Questions & Answers

7 questions from our users

Gordon

Gordonasked

Bought a cs 400t took first one back as it wouldn’t stop running when idling or it just cut out after adjusting screw T. Bought a replacement. This one is cutting out all the time and now when eventually it starts, I press for full running after 30 - 60 secounds and it just stops. Only used it for an hour as anyone else had issues or a solution please.

jackie12
jackie12

You MUST start with a full tank of fuel. 25ml per litre (40:1)
Start the saw, let it idle for 20-30 seconds and then start to give her a few bursts of 1/4 to 1/2 throttle, but not full ball. You can get to work, but don't flog the guts out of it for at least 2 mins. You want your engine to warm up somewhat, before ripping into full power band.

See if you can get it hot and go from there. Could be a dodgy spark plug if it keeps dropping out. Keep us updated okay. Cheers.

Chris B

Chris Basked

My Mculloch CS420t leaks gas when stored. Any idea what is causing this?

Troy
Troy

I found that the oiler leaked from oil residue in the tank. Try storing the saw without fuel and oil. Hope this helps.

scoops

scoopsasked

I brought the CS400T model having trouble getting it to run without cutting out mixture I have used for petrol 5lt to 100ml of oil is this correct?

Chook55

20mL oil to 1L petrol is 50:1. So 100mL to 5L is correct for 50:1 oil/petrol mix.
25mL oil to 1L petrol is 40:1. So 125mL to 5L is correct for 40:1 oil/petrol mix.

Put the oil in first then add the fuel.

Chook55

Put the oil in first then add the fuel.

Drewasked

Just bought a cs400t have not used it yet but had it running. Leaks bar oil on my work bench. Will this stop after running in?
Cheers Drew

Phlipper
Phlipper

Shouldn't be leaking oil.
Have you tried taking the bar out and checking for obstructions

Leaks a lot. . No obstructions. Hasn't done any work yet

Frenchy
Frenchy

Hi, did you have any luck in working this out? I bought one today and it is doing exactly the same thing. The oil is running out at the bar.