• Build Stage
  • Structural Integrity
  • Plumbing & Waterproofing
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

Many thanks to Ravi and Carla at Oran Park home display. They both were very helplful, professional and mad it very easy to choose and buy my home. Nothing was was a problem and they were always available whenever I had any questions. Special thanks to Ravi, for always keeping in contact and keeping me up to date on how my house is progressing. Can't wait until we start building.

Kirsten

KirstenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Overall great experience because of our Internal Interior Designer

After completing our external appointment, I was hesitant with our internals as we felt very rushed. However the internal appointment with Brittany Day was quite the opposite. She was patient, kind and gave amazing suggestions. She was reassuring and knew our style very well. I came out of the appointment extremely happy with our experience. They were very professional.

M Payne

M PayneSydney, NSW

Great customer service!

Anouk is very knowledgeable and helped us immensely along the way. She was very much patient with our numerous changes, questions, sms' and phone calls! We greatly appreciated her high level of service. Further, Anouk is very skilled, having made suggested changes to the plans to suit our needs. Thank you so much Anouk.

Construction End DateSeptember 2022

LE-JEANIllawarra, NSW

Jennifer Harkin was outstanding.

Our internal colour professional gave us such confidence in selecting our internal colours. She was very professional and efficient but at the same time made us feel very relaxed and sure of our choices. Our experience so far has been both pleasant and exciting. Everything has run very smoothly so far.

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Le-Jean, thank you for confirming and thank you so much for your lovely review - we will be sure to share this with Jennifer and the MyChoice team. We look forward to seeing your stunning new home come to life. Thank you.

LE-JEAN

My name is Le-Jean Kay. Jennifer is the customer service person who was outstanding in her assistance with our colour selection.

Very professional

Planning a build. Very impressed with the professionalism of the staff. Brit is very knowledgeable and helpful!
All the time we needed was available. We are very satisfied with all the staff we have dealt with and look forward to the build of our new home. Thank you McDonald Jones

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Amcee thank you for your lovely review. We will be sure to share your comments with Brit and the team and we look forward to hearing more about your new home! Best wishes

Professional Customer care service

Professional customer care service was rendered by Niya during the final MyChoice appointment. It was friendly, fruitful and timely. Her professional knowledge was utilized at her level best to accommodate our requirements. We were not satisfied during the previous two MyChoice appointments with other coordinator. But both appointments we had with Niya was a true display of professionalism. My wife and me would not hesitate to recommend Niya for anyone who is seeking a fruitful MyChoice appointment

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Vinodh, thank you for your lovely review of Niya. We will be sure to share your comments with her and the team. Many thanks and we look forward to seeing your home come to life. Kind regards.

Greg burden

Greg burdenSydney, NSW

Great job so far

We started with a salesmen named Phil which then changed to Ravi through the course of our deposit process, the take up was seamless from our perspective and so far every step of the way is running smoothly Ravi and Carla have been great to deal and provided any information we requested quickly & the customer portal is a great addition for us
Cheers Greg & Deb

Amazing customer service

I was so impressed with our initial consultations with Ida and Tracey at the Braemar Office! The ladies were so accommodating and have made our experience absolutely amazing so far! They Are definitely an asset to the business and we absolutely cannot wait to start the construction process of our build with MJH!

Construction End DateAugust 2022

Great pre-sales support

Vince and his team have well presented the proposal and worked closely with me to accommodate and optimise the layout, modifications and costing for the best of our interest and budget. Vince has been very prompt in responding to emails for clarifications and details. Thanks Vince and team and looking forward to your continued support. It was a pleasure.

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Sandra, we thank you for your review and your feedback on Vince and his team, they will be happy to hear your feedback. We look forward to hearing about your new home coming to life. Best wishes

Alistair

AlistairSydney, NSW

Fantastic Staff

Just completed our internal colour selection yesterday at Baulkham Hills. Cassandra was very helpful, knowledgeable and extremely patient with my wife, daughter and myself as we mixed and matched and changed our minds constantly. It was a pleasure dealing with her. We hope to get her next week when we do our electricals.

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Alistair, thank you so much for your review. We will be sure to share your comments with Cassandra and her team. We look forward to seeing your home come to life. Many thanks

Initial Consulting and Design Finalisation

I am really happy with the service provided by Vince and his team (Mary & Linda). The fact that he understood our requirements and always available to answer our queries. We always felt that we were heard and which was really necessary for us. They are highly professional people !! Vince used to respond to all our queries and in no time. We really loved interacting and working with him throughout our design process. We would recommend his services for anyone who wants to build their home.

I would be really happy if I get a similar service, throughout the build process. As he has set high standards of customer service.

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Prince Sangayaraja, thank you so much for your lovely review of Vince, Mary and Linda. They will be so thrilled to read your comments and we look forward to hearing more about your new home.

Excellent Assistance

Vince and his team Mary and Linda are very easy to approach even if they are busy, they find time to answer all my queries especially Vince, He responds to my email in less than five minutes.
They treat us very nicely, they even helped us when we got a problem from the previous developer.
They are very professional and I highly recommend them.

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Ferdy and Rosalie, thank you so much for your feedback. We will be sure to share your feedback with Vince, Mary and Linda who will be delighted they could be so helpful. We look forward to hearing more about your new home journey. Kind regards

James and Arlene

James and ArleneSydney, NSW

Pre-Construction phase

We were professionally 'hand held' through the Pre-Construction process which made the process enjoyable and stress free. Lachlan and the Home World (Box Hill) team ensure that we were well informed prior to upcoming appointments. Lachlan made sure that there were no surprises during the pre-construction process and that the price remained within our desired budget. Lachlan went above and beyond by providing us with the design which fit best with our requirements.

Great Service

Have not built yet but the process to get to Tender and Development Application was great. Vince, Mary and Linda were so patient with us, we cannot thank them enough for assisting us through the process. Their knowledge and the ease with which they were able to understand our wishes and incorporate them into the plans was amazing.

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hello! Thank you for your pre-construction review. We will be sure to share your comments with Vince, Mary and Linda and celebrate their efforts. We look forward to hearing more about your building journey. Best wishes

• NSW

Long and drawn out pre-construction process with limited resourcing and constant delays

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Luke, we are disappointed to read your comments and we would like to assist. Could you please provide your job or quote number so we can have a member of the team investigate and contact you please. We look forward to assisting you. Kind regards

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Thank you for this information we will share with our team to investigate and contact you. Thank you

Marianna

MariannaSydney Surrounds, NSW

• NSW

Outstanding customer service and care

I want to give a HUGE Thank you to Vincent Klein, Linda & Mary. After visiting many builders, McDonald Jones was the only builder who took the time to sit with me to understand my needs and talk through my options. Vincent Klein was my consultant and took the time to listen and work within my budget. I am so impressed with the service I had received from Vincent it was a no-brainer when it was time to pay the deposit. I continue to be blown away with the service from the staff at McDonald Jones Homes that I highly recommend them as a builder.

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Marianna, thank you for your review and wonderful feedback. We will be sure to share your review with our team who will be so thrilled. We look forward to hearing about your building journey. Best wishes

Colette

ColetteIllawarra, NSW

• NSW

Excellent advice and professional approach

Staff at the Braemar display centre were absolutely fantastic. They were professional, friendly, knowledgable and accurate with their early estimates. We've since received our consolidated tender and their preliminary figures were just about bang on. We were really impressed with the quality of service and care and would highly recommend them if you are considering a project build.

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so pleased with your feedback which we will share with the Braemar team. Thanks so much

Remarkable Customer Service

We were a first home buyer and have never built a house before. Searching for the right builder and the process it entails is kind of exhausting and overwhelming. We've been to numerous builders however the experience was not up to par until we visited Homeworld Box Hill and met Lachlan and Bianca. They were meticulous, helpful, patient, and extremely knowledgeable. We showed them the shape of the block and they immediately came up with this incredible plan. Right away, we knew we were in the right place. We feel secured. All questions were responded promptly with detailed information. Can not thank them enough - highly recommended - remarkable customer service. In fact I already have recommended them to our friends.

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Arlin, thank you for taking the time to review our Box Hill team. We are so thrilled they provided you with remarkable customer service! We will be sure to share your review with our team and celebrate Lachlan and Bianca's efforts. Many thanks

Amazing customer service

Vince Klein, Mary and Linda were great to work with and very professional. The team was very helpful and accommodating to whatever questions we had to ask and answered the questions with a lot of knowledge and guidance. We would definitely recommend anyone to work with the team as they provided amazing customer service, very supportive and patient.

Mega

MegaNew South Wales

Unbelievable customer care

Vince Klein was our consultant including Linda, Mary. The team was amazing and highly professional. We had no issues with this team and we are highly satisfied with their service. Answered all questions patiently and easy to access or contact them any time. Well done team. all the very best.

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Mega, thank you so much for your time to review our team. Vince, Linda and Mary will be so thrilled to read your comments and we will be sure to share your feedback with the wider team. Many thanks

sanjeev d.asked

Dear All,
My internal colour selection ended up with upgraded cost of 50k. I’m still recovering from some surprises that I really don’t intend to discuss. In a weeks time, I have appointment for electricals.
My question is, is it worth getting all the downlights from them or it’s wise to get it done later. Would there be a significant difference?

Prajeev Divya
Prajeev Divya

Did you get the $60K discount bonus from MJH? If so, that will be a nice deal.
During Electrical selection, aircon zone selection will be a good amount. Better to go for standard light fittings and LED upgrades after handover. Builder charge you minimum 20% extra for each item.

Mani
Mani

it looks likes you have upgraded a lot tiles etc.Yes aircon zones is a must upgrade. I got eight zones upgrade. Regarding led they have led packages like get 20 and it is cheaper. When i did my electric plan I added too much leds but lady at the appointment helped me to fix it. If your house is a single storey than it could be cheaper to do it after hand over but not that much, do check how much a Clipsel led will cost you including install. I also got wiring done for fans to install fans later (remember if you do this get one switch for light one switch for fan and a dimmer).
For outdoor I didn’t use led, normal holders. With switches you can get 5 or six in one point with no extra, try to get one extra. Also look into two way switch and some dimmable. I was told make an electrical provision of $7k but ended up $14k but did everything with them.

Thanks for your feedback

JastonAasked

McDonald Jones Homes

Hi, me and my wife are going through purchasing our first home and have agreed to a house and land package in Wilton Greens with McDonald Jones. Our build contract has been signed (15th September 2020) as well as our land contract. The land was suppose to register in December 2021 and now having spoken to the Wilton greens people they have advised it will be March 2022 which sucks tbh. So when doing the tender process and signing off on it, we were told to think about adding 6months onto the tender via variation as when it expires, I’m not sure what happens. What happens in this case? Our tender is from the 15th of Sep and the additional 6months which cost $6000???, will take us till the 15th of March 2022.

Question 1 - McDonald Jones have put their packages out for purchase and as we have agreed to go ahead, why does this fall on us to add time (6 months) onto the tender period for $6000 so it doesn’t expire and not just an amount to lock it in as it isn’t our fault but the land providers/council who is working the job having delays and what not. They should get charged not us tbh

Question 2 - What happens if the land doesn’t register by the expiration date of our tender contract?

Question 3 - buying property at the moment is so competitive with so many great deals. If we have agreed to a deal with McDonald Jones, if another deal comes after with you guys like the $60,000 which is on at the moment, can we access this if we are still far away from building?

This is our first time purchasing a home and new to the process so I hope I’m not out of line for asking these questions.

Thank you and much appreciated.

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi JastonA, thank you for your questions. We will liaise with our team and respond back to you with answers to your questions shortly. Many thanks

Daka
Daka

If the land is owned by McDonald Jones you are screwed but if you exchanged on the land with the developer cancel your contract with meh lose the $5000 start over with another builder or better idea go to another mcjones office and start again and get the 60K off deal

JastonA

I’m not screwed or in any way disappointed with the deal I’ve got with McDonald Jones. But I wanted to know if there was any way to get this new deal or anything added to my current deal. There is no harm in checking and asking the question. Thanks for the reply.

Arun

Arun asked

Hi there,
Just wondering, we had exchanged contracts for the house at Marsden Park, almost 6 weeks ago. We had been visiting the site for the last 4 weeks but there had been no work done.
Is there a reason why the work is on halt. It would be wiser to complete the work sooner than later so I can get the valuation done for loan purposes.
Please get back to me.
Arun
0452 422 408

Hi Arun,

Has the land been registered? If so, we've been told that the average timeframe for pre construction (getting all the approval needed, testing the soil etc) is 3 - 5 months. Then the construction takes about 6 months. So altogether we're looking around 11 months.

Thanks,

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

HI Arun, thank you for your question. Could you please give us your job number so we can have a member of the team investigate and contact you with more information. Thank you

See all McDonald Jones Homes questions