• Build Stage
  • Plumbing & Waterproofing
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

• NSW

Long and drawn out pre-construction process with limited resourcing and constant delays

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Luke, we are disappointed to read your comments and we would like to assist. Could you please provide your job or quote number so we can have a member of the team investigate and contact you please. We look forward to assisting you. Kind regards

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Thank you for this information we will share with our team to investigate and contact you. Thank you

Terrible customer service from the project coordinator.

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi DJK, we are disappointed and concerned to see your review and we would like to assist you. Could you please give us your job number so we can have a member of the team contact you. Thank you

DJK
DJK

605917.
The office never called even though I left feedback on MJH survey yesterday.

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi, we understand our construction manager tried to call you on Friday and will call again today to speak with you about your concerns. Please email us at customerfeedback@mcdonaldjones.com.au if you would like further assistance. Kind regards

Las A

Las ASydney Surrounds, NSW

• NSW

Disappointed with the tender process

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Las, thank you for providing more information so we can investigate your concerns and arrange to have the team contact you. Many thanks

TagSydney, NSW

Safety Issues 6 years later.

The problem is the issues you are faced with years later. Look at this poor workmanship? All holes for the door handles were cut too big. They used packers at the time and now they are moving and we’re getting locked in/out of rooms! This is extremely agonising when you have children!! We’ve also had electrical issues where power points have caught fire. These are all safety issues!

I’ve had to incur the cost of the electrician to repair the power points but now it looks like I’m up for all new doors and handles!!

Not happy McDonald Jones Homes!!!

Build StagePost-Construction
Construction End DateJanuary 2014

KarenCurtin 2605, ACT

Our home in retirement

Early stages yet, CT draining to say the least, backwards and forwards to many times, planning was heated things we were told, we find out we cannot have due to regulations at planning. Colours good knowledge of products, but once they have your 5000 they don't seem to care or respond to correspondence, we were suppose to sign contract this week but had to cancel and still don't have it nor a firm price. cannot believe the builders premium on all additional items.

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Karen, we are disappointed to read your comments and would like to investigate, could you please provide your best contact details and job number via private message so we can follow this up for you.

Karen

private msg to who at what address

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Karen, we have sent you a private message via Product Review that you can respond to to help you. kind regards

SRC

SRCHunter Region, NSW

Warranties management really sucks!!!

Build StagePost-Construction
McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi SRC, we would like to investigate your comments, can you please provide your best contact information and job number via private message so we can investigate to assist you.

JohnSydney, NSW

• NSW

Is there a difference between a Stain and a Paint?

Not happy with the colour studio and the follow up on things once we had the keys. It took 9 months to get things fixed after we had the keys. Also we paid extra to have a feature wooden front door that was to be stained according to our contract. They painted it saying it was a stain when it clearly was not. I sent them photos of the problem and photos of what a stained door looks like. We even made contact with the paint company who told us it was a paint and not a stain.

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi John, thank you for bringing this to our attention, we confirm we have your information to be able to investigate this further to assist you. kind regards

John

How long to you expect your investigation will take.

John

Nothing has been done so far. Another slow process?

Kerrie NSWSydney, NSW

Unnecessary Anxiety

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Kerrie, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to investigate this further for you, could you please provide your job number, thank you

Kerrie NSW

Many thanks to the supervisor who took over the completion of our house. Communication was outstanding, trades arrived on schedule and issues resolved. We now have the house we had hoped for. Kerrie.

lindyMid North Coast, NSW

Bit disappointed

lindy

Hi, im not sure how to private message you?

Lisa PurvesSydney, NSW

Building the home of our dreams

Lisa Purves

Will do. It looks so beautiful. I can’t wait to see it with the appliances in.

PMKNsw

Fantastic assistance in Oak Flats, Frustrating process from Mac Jones

Our process from Dep paid to building commencement has been 12 months and full of stress, anxiety and disappointment, BUT we are now about to start construction and I have high hopes for a good build now that senior staff (construction side) are involved. [name removed] has been assisting us all the way along, shared our frustrations, pushed on our behalf where possible and answered every question and email we've had. In all honesty, we would have walked away from Mac Jones if it had not been for her support.
Hoping that we can now move forward and enjoy the same support from our building team and move into a beautiful home this year.

Build StagePre-Construction
PMK

Hi How do I private message you from here?

• NSW

Avoid them if you can and build with them if you dare!

Construction End DateOct 2017
BrownEyedGal
BrownEyedGal

Hi MJH, Yes, your team has been in contact with me and we have discussed my concerns. The final test will be what the 'finished product' looks like in a few weeks' time. :)

AndrewC

bsm2750

bsm2750Sydney Surrounds, NSW

sanjeev d.asked

Dear All,
My internal colour selection ended up with upgraded cost of 50k. I’m still recovering from some surprises that I really don’t intend to discuss. In a weeks time, I have appointment for electricals.
My question is, is it worth getting all the downlights from them or it’s wise to get it done later. Would there be a significant difference?

Prajeev Divya
Prajeev Divya

Did you get the $60K discount bonus from MJH? If so, that will be a nice deal.
During Electrical selection, aircon zone selection will be a good amount. Better to go for standard light fittings and LED upgrades after handover. Builder charge you minimum 20% extra for each item.

Mani
Mani

it looks likes you have upgraded a lot tiles etc.Yes aircon zones is a must upgrade. I got eight zones upgrade. Regarding led they have led packages like get 20 and it is cheaper. When i did my electric plan I added too much leds but lady at the appointment helped me to fix it. If your house is a single storey than it could be cheaper to do it after hand over but not that much, do check how much a Clipsel led will cost you including install. I also got wiring done for fans to install fans later (remember if you do this get one switch for light one switch for fan and a dimmer).
For outdoor I didn’t use led, normal holders. With switches you can get 5 or six in one point with no extra, try to get one extra. Also look into two way switch and some dimmable. I was told make an electrical provision of $7k but ended up $14k but did everything with them.

Thanks for your feedback

JastonAasked

McDonald Jones Homes

Hi, me and my wife are going through purchasing our first home and have agreed to a house and land package in Wilton Greens with McDonald Jones. Our build contract has been signed (15th September 2020) as well as our land contract. The land was suppose to register in December 2021 and now having spoken to the Wilton greens people they have advised it will be March 2022 which sucks tbh. So when doing the tender process and signing off on it, we were told to think about adding 6months onto the tender via variation as when it expires, I’m not sure what happens. What happens in this case? Our tender is from the 15th of Sep and the additional 6months which cost $6000???, will take us till the 15th of March 2022.

Question 1 - McDonald Jones have put their packages out for purchase and as we have agreed to go ahead, why does this fall on us to add time (6 months) onto the tender period for $6000 so it doesn’t expire and not just an amount to lock it in as it isn’t our fault but the land providers/council who is working the job having delays and what not. They should get charged not us tbh

Question 2 - What happens if the land doesn’t register by the expiration date of our tender contract?

Question 3 - buying property at the moment is so competitive with so many great deals. If we have agreed to a deal with McDonald Jones, if another deal comes after with you guys like the $60,000 which is on at the moment, can we access this if we are still far away from building?

This is our first time purchasing a home and new to the process so I hope I’m not out of line for asking these questions.

Thank you and much appreciated.

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi JastonA, thank you for your questions. We will liaise with our team and respond back to you with answers to your questions shortly. Many thanks

Daka
Daka

If the land is owned by McDonald Jones you are screwed but if you exchanged on the land with the developer cancel your contract with meh lose the $5000 start over with another builder or better idea go to another mcjones office and start again and get the 60K off deal

JastonA

I’m not screwed or in any way disappointed with the deal I’ve got with McDonald Jones. But I wanted to know if there was any way to get this new deal or anything added to my current deal. There is no harm in checking and asking the question. Thanks for the reply.

Arun

Arun asked

Hi there,
Just wondering, we had exchanged contracts for the house at Marsden Park, almost 6 weeks ago. We had been visiting the site for the last 4 weeks but there had been no work done.
Is there a reason why the work is on halt. It would be wiser to complete the work sooner than later so I can get the valuation done for loan purposes.
Please get back to me.
Arun
0452 422 408

Hi Arun,

Has the land been registered? If so, we've been told that the average timeframe for pre construction (getting all the approval needed, testing the soil etc) is 3 - 5 months. Then the construction takes about 6 months. So altogether we're looking around 11 months.

Thanks,

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

HI Arun, thank you for your question. Could you please give us your job number so we can have a member of the team investigate and contact you with more information. Thank you

See all McDonald Jones Homes questions