• Build Stage
  • Plumbing & Waterproofing
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

MattsHunter Region, NSW

Nearly there but not that excited

Turner

TurnerHunter Region, NSW

Lots of ups and downs

NicoleSydney, NSW

Poor after construction service

Cold water from the tap at 37 degrees Celsius! What a waste of a valuable resource waiting for water to be cool to drink or to fill a jug for the fridge. After construction inspection didn’t agree this was a problem. What plumbers do they employ allow such a system?

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Nicole, we would like to investigate your concerns further, can you please provide us with your best contact details and job number via private message so we can assist you. Kind regards

Best Contact 96548390

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Nicole, thank you for providing your details, the team will be in contact with you to discuss your concerns to assist you.

Home Builders

Find out how McDonald Jones Homes compares to other Home Builders

Jonathan S.

Jonathan S.Sydney, NSW

Good build process but poor support after handover

Pre Construction Stage Finalised

Build StagePre-Construction
McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Praveena, thank you for providing your honest feedback about your building experience so far, so exciting to get to the next stages! If you would We can't wait to see your new home come to life!

pacman

pacmanHunter Region, NSW

Looks nice, but....

use246

use246

OK

I wanted tiles on my steel frame instead of colorbond and guess what I can't have them. It appears it isn't strong enough to hold their extra weight which is why they put colorbond on as standard. This concerns me as how long will the home last as their frames are skinnier than other builders. Other builders steel frames can hold the weight of tiles so now I know why their frames are advertised cheaper. Go with wood not the steel from them is my recommendation.
Good designs, nice display homes, free quotes
The price in the free quote is never the price you will pay. For some reason their fixed site costs isn't really fixed at all so read the fine print.

sanjeev d.asked

Dear All,
My internal colour selection ended up with upgraded cost of 50k. I’m still recovering from some surprises that I really don’t intend to discuss. In a weeks time, I have appointment for electricals.
My question is, is it worth getting all the downlights from them or it’s wise to get it done later. Would there be a significant difference?

Prajeev Divya
Prajeev Divya

Did you get the $60K discount bonus from MJH? If so, that will be a nice deal.
During Electrical selection, aircon zone selection will be a good amount. Better to go for standard light fittings and LED upgrades after handover. Builder charge you minimum 20% extra for each item.

Mani
Mani

it looks likes you have upgraded a lot tiles etc.Yes aircon zones is a must upgrade. I got eight zones upgrade. Regarding led they have led packages like get 20 and it is cheaper. When i did my electric plan I added too much leds but lady at the appointment helped me to fix it. If your house is a single storey than it could be cheaper to do it after hand over but not that much, do check how much a Clipsel led will cost you including install. I also got wiring done for fans to install fans later (remember if you do this get one switch for light one switch for fan and a dimmer).
For outdoor I didn’t use led, normal holders. With switches you can get 5 or six in one point with no extra, try to get one extra. Also look into two way switch and some dimmable. I was told make an electrical provision of $7k but ended up $14k but did everything with them.

Thanks for your feedback

JastonAasked

McDonald Jones Homes

Hi, me and my wife are going through purchasing our first home and have agreed to a house and land package in Wilton Greens with McDonald Jones. Our build contract has been signed (15th September 2020) as well as our land contract. The land was suppose to register in December 2021 and now having spoken to the Wilton greens people they have advised it will be March 2022 which sucks tbh. So when doing the tender process and signing off on it, we were told to think about adding 6months onto the tender via variation as when it expires, I’m not sure what happens. What happens in this case? Our tender is from the 15th of Sep and the additional 6months which cost $6000???, will take us till the 15th of March 2022.

Question 1 - McDonald Jones have put their packages out for purchase and as we have agreed to go ahead, why does this fall on us to add time (6 months) onto the tender period for $6000 so it doesn’t expire and not just an amount to lock it in as it isn’t our fault but the land providers/council who is working the job having delays and what not. They should get charged not us tbh

Question 2 - What happens if the land doesn’t register by the expiration date of our tender contract?

Question 3 - buying property at the moment is so competitive with so many great deals. If we have agreed to a deal with McDonald Jones, if another deal comes after with you guys like the $60,000 which is on at the moment, can we access this if we are still far away from building?

This is our first time purchasing a home and new to the process so I hope I’m not out of line for asking these questions.

Thank you and much appreciated.

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi JastonA, thank you for your questions. We will liaise with our team and respond back to you with answers to your questions shortly. Many thanks

Daka
Daka

If the land is owned by McDonald Jones you are screwed but if you exchanged on the land with the developer cancel your contract with meh lose the $5000 start over with another builder or better idea go to another mcjones office and start again and get the 60K off deal

JastonA

I’m not screwed or in any way disappointed with the deal I’ve got with McDonald Jones. But I wanted to know if there was any way to get this new deal or anything added to my current deal. There is no harm in checking and asking the question. Thanks for the reply.

Arun

Arun asked

Hi there,
Just wondering, we had exchanged contracts for the house at Marsden Park, almost 6 weeks ago. We had been visiting the site for the last 4 weeks but there had been no work done.
Is there a reason why the work is on halt. It would be wiser to complete the work sooner than later so I can get the valuation done for loan purposes.
Please get back to me.
Arun
0452 422 408

Hi Arun,

Has the land been registered? If so, we've been told that the average timeframe for pre construction (getting all the approval needed, testing the soil etc) is 3 - 5 months. Then the construction takes about 6 months. So altogether we're looking around 11 months.

Thanks,

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

HI Arun, thank you for your question. Could you please give us your job number so we can have a member of the team investigate and contact you with more information. Thank you

See all McDonald Jones Homes questions