McGrath

McGrath

Vera

VeraSydney, NSW

Same old

All the usual: upon vacating the property inventing damages to try and keep the bond, nitpicking on cleaning (some of the outlined problems were leaving a bunch of hangers in a cupboard and a tiny piece of sticky tape on the floor). Very poor communication upon vacating the property.

The agent/landlord tried to unreasonably increase the rent half a year after the start of the contract (the original explanation for a 6-month lease given to us by the agent was that the landlord was scared to rent long term for the first time, not that they were planning to manipulate us into paying a higher rent). The agent haggled with me for ages, even though I gave firm conditions in response to that request.

PropertyNow

Looking for Real Estate Agents?

Read the reviews for PropertyNow

Ad

McGrath Lane Cove Property Mangement Poor

I have now tried to contact Aisha via email, phone and SMS about a simple question I have about a property. Do you think she can return any of them? NO. Just going through the motions are we? It's no wonder agencies are being disrupted by technology when you get "service" like this. Madeleine though was very helpful I will say which is why I changed the rating from originally a 1 to a 3.

simmo green

simmo greenSydney, NSW

Decent process, poor at maintaining relationships

Real Estate Agents

Find out how McGrath compares to other Real Estate Agents

happytime

happytime

OK

Make sure you get that Commission down, we said you can have 2.5 if you achieve the price they said they would get. (Which they didn't) Don't do any of those Newspaper ads. It took 3 months to sell our place and in the end the web did it. The Print Ads were a very, very expensive lesson. They did devote themselves to our house and they are very slick well oiled machine. We didn't get anywhere near the price they said they would get but 3 months on a downward market we were just glad it was over. Yes I probably would use them again.
Did devote themselves to selling the property
commission is 2.5% + gst

Nothappyasked

Our tenancy was set up as Direct Debit rental payments. Everything was fine for 3 and a half years then, “someone changed something in our system so your payments were changed from weekly to once every 4 months”
We’ve now been given a Notice to Leave for rent arrears.

Nothappy

Oh! QCAT dismissed the case due to yet another error from McGrath. McGrath Property Management has no idea how to operate. Ripping off tenants and owners alike.

Pelimuffy24

Pelimuffy24asked

Why cant the agents call you in regards to viewing a place????

Phill P

Phill Pasked

Can anyone tell me if it s legal for the first two weeks rent to be held and not use as rent for the first two weeks. I am renting a flat in Queensland and McGraths have told me it is, they wrote it in the lease and I signed but believe I don’t have to follow the requirements as the 2 weeks are not a legal requirement. Please advise if you know anything about this matter.
powergo98@hotmail.com
The principal at the McGraths behaved like an absolute dictator and I wish I had never signed a lease with this office. Something is really wrong!

Get an answer from our members and McGrath representatives

Ad