MDC XT17-HRT

MDC XT17-HRT Questions & Answers

5 questions from our users

Linda G.asked

Does the air conditioner in an MDC XT-17 caravan heat as well as cool??

Hutchy H.

Yeah it does but it doesn’t heat really well.
I have a little fan heater as it’s quicker.

Linda G.

Thankyou for your wisdom.

Steve Z.Market Direct Campers

The air conditioner in the XT17 range is a 3500 watt reverse cycle.

Julie B.

Julie B.asked

How does the bed area fair in a very cold winter we are from north qld
How does it go in the extreme heat in north qld

Hutchy H.

It’s ok, by the time I go to bed it’s cooled down, some people have put a pull out shade over the bed though.

Petasc

Petascasked

In the market for a second hand camper, particularly interested in MDC, we live in WA and can’t seem to find any we like the XT17, are there any available out there? Cheers
Petasc

mal.kasked

Recently arrived home in Port Lincoln S.A after towing our just purchased xt 17 expedition series from Sydney ( approx. 3600 k ) This morning i notice a trickle of blue fluid coming out of under a wheel hub
cover .. Anyone know what that could be from ?

Steve Z.Market Direct Campers

The hubs are generally slight overfilled with grease. It will be a grease streak running down the rim and not something to be concerned about. Your van is due for its first service so please download the manual and have those items attended to. They will include checking the bearings and crown nut tension, brake adjustment and re-torquing suspension, hitch etc. The owner manual is available on the MDC website.

mal.k

Wow we only just purchased it . December 2018 demo model brand never been used inside .. just done 100 k’s .. guess we towed it home doing 1800 more .. Do we need a particular qualified MDC to do it ?

Steve Z.Market Direct Campers

Any mechanic can service the hubs and brakes. 500km is a check over and brake adjustment as they wear quickly when bedding in. Checking hearing tension is normal from new and after a bearing change.

Charlie L.asked

Would like to know when there is a bad review why MDC don't respond? They responded to the 5 star rating. We're in the market and this caravan has popped up on our radar.

Steve Z.Market Direct Campers

Sometimes it's a pointless exercise to bother. Often a bad review will be after extensively trying to satisfy a customer who just can't be satisfied, some are people that haven't even owned the products. Generally there has been direct dialog with the person before they review. For example one reviewer gave us a bad rap when he'd bought a secondhand trailer that had been damaged before he got it, asked us for a price to fix it, said he didn't like how long it took to set up and asked for a price on a newer model. We gave him free spare parts and he still complained about the service. How do you deal with someone like that?

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the response.

I completely understand that it can be quite challenging with responses to negative comments however it is good to see when a Company does take the negative feedback on board and try to ensure the customers needs would be met.

From Garry's comment it didn't seem he was the same as described above and that he has a genuine problem that would need addressing. Hence the why i made that comment myself.

My wife and I are in the market for a true offroad caravan and its been between MDC and a Ezytrail. From all my research and speaking with Ezytrail customers we won't be purchasing from them. What that decision has come down to is their after service care and warranty issues that they don't seem to deal with which has turned us away.

With MDC I can't seem to find independent reviews of the caravans. Say for example on YouTube every video is produced by MDC.

So what i'm trying to get at is that as a potential customer you can be assured that you will receive after sales care and that you can rely on the Company to do what they promise as they do tell you through out the sale.

Hi Steve,

I do apologise as I didn't see your response to Garry. My bad.

Get an answer from our members and Market Direct Campers representatives