ME Bank Home Loans

ME Bank Home Loans

1.3
Jimbo
Jimbo

ME provides the opposite of customer service

last year ME Bank stuffed up my redraw facility. Now I have been on hold for an hour so far because they do not answer their phones, and you have to request a loan discharge form over the phone. Forget doing business with this worthless lot.

Loan Start DateDecember 2001
PamA
PamASouth East Queensland, QLD

Waiting and waiting for my home loan to be corrected

Refixed my home loan with ME Bank after three attempted phone calls to get through (eventually just waiting and waiting which isn't easy when you have things to do). After a long phone call to fix it, it's 12 days later and nothing has happened. I'm still being charged the higher old rate and the money I added into my home loan hasn't been absorbed into it. And despite sending two emails, I'm stuck with making another dreaded phonecall and waiting endlessly again. Doesn't make life easy for working people that they only take calls during the same working hours that their clients work. Go somewhere else if you're looking for good service!

Loan used forRefinancing

No problem

Took out my home loan with ME 12 years ago and have had no trouble with the service received. I have negotiated reductions in interest twice during that period and the process was professional and timely.

Michelle F.
Michelle F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hopeless bank as once existing customer. Been unable to update my home loan. It’s been six weeks and 3rd attempt

3 times I have tried to reduce my rate for my homeland. Currently awaiting paperwork to be emailed and so far it’s been six weeks. Very unhelpful and very slow to help you reduce your home loan rate but quick to ring if my credit card is overdue. Very frustrating and hopeless bank once you are an existing customer

Sal
SalMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Most expensive rates in the country

Just got a letter saying my home loan rate is increasing to 4.3% . Logged into internet banking to call and get pictures of fake chattering teeth . Are your customers a joke to you.

Loan used forSecond Home

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Stan M.
Stan M.South East Queensland, QLD

Incompetent and arrogant. Don't fall for the cool marketing image!

Loan TypeSplit
Loan Start DateNovember 2018
Ciaran
CiaranSydney, NSW

Breathtakingly Incompetent

Loan used forRenovation
Scott M
Scott MSunshine Coast

Started out great!! Have become bad!!!

Mike T.
Mike T.

Absolutely disappointing!!

Long waits on the phone, online app is very basic and crashes all the time, very long time to process requests. I was expecting good customer service because it's a small bank but overall it's been very disappointing

Loan Start DateDecember 2017

Robert Saunders
Robert SaundersMelbourne

Messed around

Disgraceful bank

Mebank ripped me off, charging $400 on top of a high rate. When I stopped them taking my $400 they increased interest to 4.75%. 11 years as a customer. Scum.

Bernie
Bernie

Interest rates remains high

Borrowed from ME in 2001, the interest rate at the time was competitive as an owner occupier the interest rate currently (July 2020) is 4.47%. Conversations with ME about the interest rate have been to no avail and the costs involved in refinancing have made the option unviable. I have always made repayments on time and have a spotless credit report. Never again.

markGearaldton

they have taken money from my account,

took money from my redraw no notice no contact, the people you speak to after hours on the phone, just spin what they have been told, this bank is just like the big banks now, they need to be investigated wirth a royal commission, Mark,

mark

can we make a class action Mark,

Thieves

Money missing from our redraw account. When I asked where it is? Because it wasn’t in our savings account and it didn’t come off the principal. They said “it had been absorbed into the loan” bloody thieves.

Loan Start DateApril 2010

Flabberghasted
FlabberghastedGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do Not Get A Home Loan With This Bank

Received a letter today telling me that my available redraw had been reduced over $10k but that quote".... the total amount outstanding and the time remaining on your home loan all remain the same." That is in spite of paying well over the minimum payment required for over 2 years. I will be complaining to Australian Financial Complaints Authority. I am just flabberghasted that a bank can decide to more or less take your extra funds without permission!

Loan used forRefinancing