ME Bank Home Loans

1.4
Caitlin T.
Caitlin T.

Slow Service and Outdated Application Process

ME Bank is great for banking however they do not excel with home loans. Lower interest rate than the big 4 but you pay the price with the wait times and outdated application process. We had to send our pre-approval application via mail which significantly delayed the process. After 4 weeks, several emails requesting updates on our progress and false promises that the wait times were ‘getting shorter’ our mobile banker finally looked at our application and requested more documents as the ones we sent were now too old. We ceased our application with ME and went to Macquarie who completed our pre-approval in 3 business days. Look elsewhere!

• Loan Start DateDecember 2021
Rhino
RhinoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still stressed by the experience

Had many problems including a change of their system no longer withdrawing loan amount from linked account, talking to representatives who provided false information and these resulted in extra payments and default notices. Also took 13 thousand off the money sitting on top mortgage without notice. Closed accounts without any communication- very stressful.

Great service and rates

My wife and I searched many financial products via our Financial Advisor, No Fuss Home Loans, and came across ME Bank. Although not the lowest rate, they were quite low, accepted us as borrowers even though we are 'older' people, and best of all accepted our loan application with only 5% equity. The only issue was that the Variable rate lock-in was left out, but this was quickly resolved by ME Bank no questions asked. We found the service was great,-- we did it via our Financial Advisor::
Kathy Dundas [www.nofusshomeloans.com.au]
AND, our conveyancer who helped us with property contracts::
Michelle Nassif [tri-stateconveyancing].
With ME Bank on our side, we had a great team. No fuss, no hassle.

THANK YOU ME BANK !!

• Loan Start DateJune 2021
Digital S.ME (Members Equity) BankSend a private message

Hey Murray, Welcome to ME! We're glad to hear that we were able to help you out without and fuss or hassle - Jeremy

Alex
AlexSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst bank experience in 25 years

• Loan Start DateJune 2019

Jimbo
Jimbo

ME provides the opposite of customer service

last year ME Bank stuffed up my redraw facility. Now I have been on hold for an hour so far because they do not answer their phones, and you have to request a loan discharge form over the phone. Forget doing business with this worthless lot.

• Loan Start DateDecember 2001
  • Loan used forFirst Home

Customer service does not exist

When trying to close out mortgages there is always a delay even after being given six weeks notice. Each time they have blamed someone else however taking the opportunity to charge the extra interest. This has happened three times. It appears to be a trend.

Heath
HeathSydney

Frustrating customer service

• Loan Start DateOctober 2017

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Michelle F.
Michelle F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hopeless bank as once existing customer. Been unable to update my home loan. It’s been six weeks and 3rd attempt

3 times I have tried to reduce my rate for my homeland. Currently awaiting paperwork to be emailed and so far it’s been six weeks. Very unhelpful and very slow to help you reduce your home loan rate but quick to ring if my credit card is overdue. Very frustrating and hopeless bank once you are an existing customer

Stan M.
Stan M.South East Queensland, QLD

Incompetent and arrogant. Don't fall for the cool marketing image!

• Loan Start DateNovember 2018

D Taranto
D TarantoSydney, NSW

Hopeless customer service at this bank!

I am now refinancing with another bank after the poor I received from Me Bank last year. I have a home investment loan with them which I had to pause repayments during Covid restrictions. Due to the poor training of their call centre staff, I was treated like I was in default and you always wait at least 20 minutes to talk to someone. I lodged a complaint with the banking ombudsman and in the end, they offered $200 to settle my complaint.

• Loan Start DateNovember 2015
Melissa
MelissaPerth, WA

Would not recommend an investment loan

Loyal customer for 5 years tried to negotiate lower rates as paying well above average. Interest free period has also ended. Was advised that it would be easy to reapply for interest only, but rejected. So now stuck paying high rate and principle. I have a second loan with another bank that I am paying a significantly lower rate with and interest only. ME Bank have passed on a small cut, but interest rates are already high so still well above a fair amount. I would never recommend this bank to anyone, my broker can't even deal with them anymore so I have had to myself.

Scott M
Scott MSunshine Coast

Started out great!! Have become bad!!!

Mike T.
Mike T.

Absolutely disappointing!!

Long waits on the phone, online app is very basic and crashes all the time, very long time to process requests. I was expecting good customer service because it's a small bank but overall it's been very disappointing

• Loan Start DateDecember 2017
Robert Saunders
Robert SaundersMelbourne

Messed around

Disgraceful bank

Mebank ripped me off, charging $400 on top of a high rate. When I stopped them taking my $400 they increased interest to 4.75%. 11 years as a customer. Scum.