ME Bank Home Loans

ME Bank Home Loans

1.4
Oscar A.Sydney, NSW

Bad Bank, Cash Back offer never paid, Don't believe in Cash Back Offer

I have been offered a $3K cash back 24 hrs after settlement; after settlement they told me that the offer will be paid 3 month after settlement; after 3 months they did not paid the offer.

Oscar A.

I did it Nick, I have been sending my complains through internet banking - messages, all I received is a lies and more lies regarding this cash back that have never been paid.

Caitlin T.
Caitlin T.

Slow Service and Outdated Application Process

ME Bank is great for banking however they do not excel with home loans. Lower interest rate than the big 4 but you pay the price with the wait times and outdated application process. We had to send our pre-approval application via mail which significantly delayed the process. After 4 weeks, several emails requesting updates on our progress and false promises that the wait times were ‘getting shorter’ our mobile banker finally looked at our application and requested more documents as the ones we sent were now too old. We ceased our application with ME and went to Macquarie who completed our pre-approval in 3 business days. Look elsewhere!

Loan Start DateDecember 2021
Rhino
RhinoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still stressed by the experience

Had many problems including a change of their system no longer withdrawing loan amount from linked account, talking to representatives who provided false information and these resulted in extra payments and default notices. Also took 13 thousand off the money sitting on top mortgage without notice. Closed accounts without any communication- very stressful.

Great service and rates

My wife and I searched many financial products via our Financial Advisor, No Fuss Home Loans, and came across ME Bank. Although not the lowest rate, they were quite low, accepted us as borrowers even though we are 'older' people, and best of all accepted our loan application with only 5% equity. The only issue was that the Variable rate lock-in was left out, but this was quickly resolved by ME Bank no questions asked. We found the service was great,-- we did it via our Financial Advisor::
Kathy Dundas [www.nofusshomeloans.com.au]
AND, our conveyancer who helped us with property contracts::
Michelle Nassif [tri-stateconveyancing].
With ME Bank on our side, we had a great team. No fuss, no hassle.

THANK YOU ME BANK !!

Loan Start DateJune 2021
Digital S.ME (Members Equity) BankSend a private message

Hey Murray, Welcome to ME! We're glad to hear that we were able to help you out without and fuss or hassle - Jeremy

Joe D.
Joe D.

Home Loan

Customer service is terrible. Waiting times in excess of 30 minutes. I understand in the safety and paper trail world, but modernise your system. The mobile app has improved somewhat and is quicker to load. The online banking features are rather basic and can't access statements from closed accounts.
Still lacking Osko for fast pay.
When you try to negotiate a better loan interest rate, they are all unhelpful until you have put in the documents to refinance with another lender. Refinancing is slow and brokers have to prompt so as not to miss the settlement.
Technologically poor banking system is ME that I can't bear to deal with any longer.

Jimbo
Jimbo

ME provides the opposite of customer service

last year ME Bank stuffed up my redraw facility. Now I have been on hold for an hour so far because they do not answer their phones, and you have to request a loan discharge form over the phone. Forget doing business with this worthless lot.

Loan Start DateDecember 2001
PamA
PamASouth East Queensland, QLD

Waiting and waiting for my home loan to be corrected

Refixed my home loan with ME Bank after three attempted phone calls to get through (eventually just waiting and waiting which isn't easy when you have things to do). After a long phone call to fix it, it's 12 days later and nothing has happened. I'm still being charged the higher old rate and the money I added into my home loan hasn't been absorbed into it. And despite sending two emails, I'm stuck with making another dreaded phonecall and waiting endlessly again. Doesn't make life easy for working people that they only take calls during the same working hours that their clients work. Go somewhere else if you're looking for good service!

Loan TypeFixed Rate

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Michelle F.
Michelle F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hopeless bank as once existing customer. Been unable to update my home loan. It’s been six weeks and 3rd attempt

3 times I have tried to reduce my rate for my homeland. Currently awaiting paperwork to be emailed and so far it’s been six weeks. Very unhelpful and very slow to help you reduce your home loan rate but quick to ring if my credit card is overdue. Very frustrating and hopeless bank once you are an existing customer

Stan M.
Stan M.South East Queensland, QLD

Incompetent and arrogant. Don't fall for the cool marketing image!

Loan Start DateNovember 2018

Jason Smith
Jason SmithSydney, NSW

Slow and hopeless

Slow and hopeless would be my most accurate summation. Went through our trusted Mortgage broker to set the finance and after 6 weeks, still no approval, just repeated requests for the same information already provided with apparently no end in sight. We have pulled the finance and this is our first and last time dealing with them. Could not possibly recommend.

Loan used forHome Construction
Scott M
Scott MSunshine Coast

Started out great!! Have become bad!!!

Loan used forFirst Home

Worst bank and customer service

Did a construction loan with ME Bank, sent application through for stage one payment as well as requested documents for the bank to be told it’s been completed and funds will be in building account in 24 hours to then receive a call a week later saying we can’t pay the builder due to a discrepancy with no explanation or detailed reason why. I have been calling everyday for the past month to be told the same thing over and over again that a team leader will call me, I am get to receive any phone call from the team leader or any explanation of what is going on even though we have settled the loan more then 2 months ago. Do not waste you time with this bank!

Loan Start DateAugust 2020
Loan used forHome Construction

Mike T.
Mike T.

Absolutely disappointing!!

Long waits on the phone, online app is very basic and crashes all the time, very long time to process requests. I was expecting good customer service because it's a small bank but overall it's been very disappointing

Loan TypeFixed Rate
Loan Start DateDecember 2017
Robert Saunders
Robert SaundersMelbourne

Messed around

Disgraceful bank

Mebank ripped me off, charging $400 on top of a high rate. When I stopped them taking my $400 they increased interest to 4.75%. 11 years as a customer. Scum.