ME Bank Home Loans

AlexSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst bank experience in 25 years

Loan Start DateJune 2019
Loan used forInvestment Property

Customer service does not exist

When trying to close out mortgages there is always a delay even after being given six weeks notice. Each time they have blamed someone else however taking the opportunity to charge the extra interest. This has happened three times. It appears to be a trend.

No problem

Took out my home loan with ME 12 years ago and have had no trouble with the service received. I have negotiated reductions in interest twice during that period and the process was professional and timely.

Heath
HeathSydney

Frustrating customer service

Loan Start DateOctober 2017

Sal
SalMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Most expensive rates in the country

Just got a letter saying my home loan rate is increasing to 4.3% . Logged into internet banking to call and get pictures of fake chattering teeth . Are your customers a joke to you.

D Taranto
D TarantoSydney, NSW

Hopeless customer service at this bank!

I am now refinancing with another bank after the poor I received from Me Bank last year. I have a home investment loan with them which I had to pause repayments during Covid restrictions. Due to the poor training of their call centre staff, I was treated like I was in default and you always wait at least 20 minutes to talk to someone. I lodged a complaint with the banking ombudsman and in the end, they offered $200 to settle my complaint.

Loan Start DateNovember 2015

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Jason Smith
Jason SmithSydney, NSW

Slow and hopeless

Slow and hopeless would be my most accurate summation. Went through our trusted Mortgage broker to set the finance and after 6 weeks, still no approval, just repeated requests for the same information already provided with apparently no end in sight. We have pulled the finance and this is our first and last time dealing with them. Could not possibly recommend.

Loan used forHome Construction

Melissa
MelissaPerth, WA

Would not recommend an investment loan

Loyal customer for 5 years tried to negotiate lower rates as paying well above average. Interest free period has also ended. Was advised that it would be easy to reapply for interest only, but rejected. So now stuck paying high rate and principle. I have a second loan with another bank that I am paying a significantly lower rate with and interest only. ME Bank have passed on a small cut, but interest rates are already high so still well above a fair amount. I would never recommend this bank to anyone, my broker can't even deal with them anymore so I have had to myself.

Find out how ME Bank Home Loans compares to other Home Loans

Worst bank and customer service

Did a construction loan with ME Bank, sent application through for stage one payment as well as requested documents for the bank to be told it’s been completed and funds will be in building account in 24 hours to then receive a call a week later saying we can’t pay the builder due to a discrepancy with no explanation or detailed reason why. I have been calling everyday for the past month to be told the same thing over and over again that a team leader will call me, I am get to receive any phone call from the team leader or any explanation of what is going on even though we have settled the loan more then 2 months ago. Do not waste you time with this bank!

Loan Start DateAugust 2020
Loan used forHome Construction

Bernie
Bernie

Interest rates remains high

Borrowed from ME in 2001, the interest rate at the time was competitive as an owner occupier the interest rate currently (July 2020) is 4.47%. Conversations with ME about the interest rate have been to no avail and the costs involved in refinancing have made the option unviable. I have always made repayments on time and have a spotless credit report. Never again.

Herb M.
Herb M.

Good initial offer BUT difficult and extremely time consuming communications

For an investment property loan ME was absolutely a pain to deal with. At the end of my initial term I wanted to continue with interest only payments. I submitted many documents over after their many requests over several weeks then to be rejected.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2017

alison98
alison98Perth, WA

Call centre staff rude and incompetent

markGearaldton

they have taken money from my account,

took money from my redraw no notice no contact, the people you speak to after hours on the phone, just spin what they have been told, this bank is just like the big banks now, they need to be investigated wirth a royal commission, Mark,

mark

can we make a class action Mark,

Brett
BrettGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Thieves

Money missing from our redraw account. When I asked where it is? Because it wasn’t in our savings account and it didn’t come off the principal. They said “it had been absorbed into the loan” bloody thieves.

Loan Start DateApril 2010